-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If we ever get power and cable back I'll post the second tour "stunt shooting" chronicles.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
If we ever get power and cable back I'll post the second tour "stunt shooting" chronicles.

If you ever publish those shorts I want an autographed copy and no I ain't payin ya ! grin

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Ho Li......me and Terry were in the same unit, just different times.

B/2/17th Air Cav - May '69 thru Apr '70 Aero Scouts/Guns. I Corps
HHT/2/17th Air Cav - May '71 thru Feb '72 Slicks; I Corps
F/9th Air Cav - Mar '72 thru Apr '72; Aero Scouts; 3 Corps
B/229th AHC - Apr '72 thru Sep '72; Slicks/Night Hawk; 1 & 3 Corps
F/7/17th Air Cav - Sep '72- Dec '72; Aero Scouts/Slicks; 2 Corps
USA - Dec '72 - Present; REMF

http://museum.vhpa.org/17thcav/2ndsquad/2ndsquadbtroop.shtml

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

If you do post the second tour, please PM me because I don't want to miss them...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Will post it here on this thread. Just informed we have power, will return home tomorrow.

If any of you look into the VHPA link above and pursue to link to the B Troop web page you will see a story link and casualty link for the troop during the Nam years. The former contains writings from a number of my sabre rattling peers and an edited rendering of a diary I kept that year. The latter is a list much longer than I care to contemplate, repleat with irony I cannot describe adequately.

Dan

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I'm looking forward to the post of your second tour, DD. The one you posted of your first tour was OUTSTANDING! I still think you should write a book based on your experience. I for one would be one of the first to buy a copy. And thanks for your Service Sir!!!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TAGLARRY
My Dad was killed on March 15, 1968 near a place called Thu Duc.

B CO, 1ST BN, 18TH INFANTRY, 1ST INF DIV, USARV

first off, Your Dad is my Brother. He is in great company. Grunts.
Next off, 474 and my "night with Woody" was intense. Spent a whole lot of my tour crawling on the ground trying not to get shot(didn't work, I was hit). Learned how to really fight. A couple of the guys here got to read some of my battalions after action reports before they disappeared from the 'Net. They have a very good idea of what "intensity" and "frequency" mean in regards to being in action. I lost my 2 best friends 8 days apart. I learned how to pick men I could depend on. I knew real Heroes.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Gentlemen,

The link below will provide access to the story in PDF format. The site is my own, mostly quiet as there is not a vast number of gun cranks pursuing esoteric arts in the shooting community. Ironically, the technology disconnect between the site and subject provides for document downloads and will expedite putting this on the table.

The first segment of the story is referenced in one of the links above and ends O/A page 68. The rest was published in fits and starts in the .223 AI thread down in the cellar a couple years back, and done so in context of "stunt shooting". It is a hodgepodge back and forth between tours that eventually segways into elements of the Spring '72 offensive and ultimately my departure from Nam. The format allowed my to divest myself of some of the baggage in bits and drabs. Frame tour 2 in context of a rolling draw down of US troop presence, much higher risks to our troops and a battle against enhanced presence and capabilities of the NVA. It took me two years over there to appreciate why the French named one of their roads "The Street Without Joy".

http://wyomingschuetzenunion.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/2256#Post2256

When you open the link you will see another document link at the bottom that will present the document in whole. Between page 68 and the beginning of the Stunt Shooting Chronicles there are miscellaneous discussions related to the broader issues in Vietnam, LBJ etc. The Chronicles begin at the bottom of page 71 (electronic, not annotated) with a brief introduction and is labeled "Chapter One". Discussion specific to the second tour begins on document/electronic page 113.

Dan

I am..........disturbed.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Dan, two thank you's. Thank you for you and all veterans for your service, and thank you, perhaps as much, for writing this down and allowing us to read it. It has led me to a better understanding and appreciation of your (our honored veterans) courage and sacrifice. Thank you, thank you.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I feel exactly as Dutch.

IC B3

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

430 members (16penny, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 11point, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 60 invisible), 2,590 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,386
Posts18,469,668
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.