A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by ASnake
[Linked Image]

This should be proof enough wink

And Cobras don't even have a heater/defroster..............I wonder if those Californians remembered to bring their snowmobile suits...........

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
ASnake: Thank goodness all those Cobra enthusiasts made it home safely!
That is an amazing picture you took/posted.
Wow!
I could not believe my eyes when I saw that group there in the tiny burg of Wisdom, Montana (population 98 - elevation 6,050') in that heavy snow (not quite a blizzard).
Great photo and thank you very much for posting that photo to further prove I was not just having a wet dream up there in high country.
Maybe its gonna be a long winter?
Thanks again.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
All: I received ANOTHER verification letter from another one of the Cobra attendees who has offered to send me more photos of the Cobra enthusiasts outing through Wisdom, Montana, the text of his E-mail to me follows:

"Hello, VarmintGuy.

I was driving one of the Cobras that you mentioned in your post... well, I wasn't actually the one doing the driving; my 24 year-old daughter was driving the Cobra -- I was in the passenger seat!

If you shoot me an email at [email protected], I will send you a few photos.

By the way, there were 26 Cobras on the tour, and each of them is an original Cobra built by Carroll Shelby in the mid-sixties. There were no replicas or continuation Cobras on the tour.

Cheers,
??? ????"

I edited out his contact info to protect this helpful fellows identity and am sending off for more photos from him.
Still no word (apology!) from buttfubarski!
He has been notified by P/M on this forum of my wishes and future intentions should he NOT apologize like a real man would do!
More to follow.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Alpinecrick: Way back in this thread one of Cobra car enthusiasts explained to me that early on the Cobra cars originally came with heaters and defrosters but most folks removed them to enhance performance (reduce weight?) of their Cobra cars.
When the flock of Cobra cars past me near the Bighole Battlefield I noticed all the folks were bundled up pretty well and when I left Wisdom ten minutes before that I saw all the folks bundling up with neck scarfs and gloves and eyewear.
Watching them flow by me at the Battlefield I simply put two and two together and came up with 4 1/2 guessing that indeed Cobras did not have heaters/defrosters as their hoods were almost all ajar and I thought the warm air flow from the engine compartment was coming up onto their tiny windshields.
I was somewhat correct in that assumption.
I also just received an informative E-mail from another Cobra enthusiast who contends that some of the earliest Cobra cars had souped up 260 cubic inch Ford V-8 engines in them!
That was quite a transition then from a 260 cubic inch engine to the herky Ford 427 engine - wow!
More later
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
All: I received ANOTHER verification letter from another one of the Cobra attendees who has offered to send me more photos of the Cobra enthusiasts outing through Wisdom, Montana, the text of his E-mail to me follows:

"Hello, VarmintGuy.

By the way, there were 26 Cobras on the tour, and each of them is an original Cobra built by Carroll Shelby in the mid-sixties. There were no replicas or continuation Cobras on the tour.

VarmintGuy

Well then, I was entirely wrong about original Cobra owners not driving their cars on trips. I'm surprised they did that. That's probably close to 10 mil worth of cars that trip.

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
A
A
[Linked Image]

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

Yes, the original small block Cobras did start production with 260ci motors. Even then they are so light those early cars hauled azz.

Casey

Casey

Having said that, MAGA.
A
A
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
[quote=VarmintGuy]All: I received ANOTHER verification letter from another one of the Cobra attendees who has offered to send me more photos of the Cobra enthusiasts outing through Wisdom, Montana, the text of his E-mail to me follows:

.That's probably close to 10 mil worth of cars that trip.

Casey

I'd say you're a little low. You will need to multiple by at least 2 1/2+ wink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

Love to see folks out using stuff as it was intended despite it's value. Although this may not be exactly "as intended" grin The Laguna Seca corkscrew it ain't.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy

That was quite a transition then from a 260 cubic inch engine to the herky Ford 427 engine - wow!

An even bigger transition from the original 2.0 litre straight six (100 bhp).

Those are some very cool photos from Asnake too (literally). Thanks!

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
I was entirely wrong about original Cobra owners not driving their cars on trips.

Did you get a PM, like ol' buttfubarski did? Did you delete it before reading it?

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i still think you're lying

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

That is a kick-ass photo!

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Looks like somebody's in their manic phase.

Your story was FOS at the beginning, and there's been nothing posted to change that.

From the bullshit OBSP: "I arrive at the tiny town of Wisdom, Montana (elevation 6,000'+!) and its still snowing - and its cold."

We've been through this. The National Weather Service data shows no snow in Wisdom that day, and no precipitation at all during the time you claim this happened.

There was no precipitation until 2:45 p.m., and that was rain.

Bullshit.

Back to the OBSP: "Cobras are roaring and squealing tires and peeling out and jockeying for position at the tiny two pump gas station."

JFC, do I even need to address this? If there's a blizzard, they ain't gonna be able to squeal tires and peel out. And there ain't no way a group of Cobras is gonna jockey for position when they all know each other, and they're all leavin at the same time anyway.

Bullshit.

OBSP: "Its still snowing". No, it wasn't.

Bullshit. Even your own anonymous "sources" say the snow was in a "mountain pass", not the town.

The pictures don't show any gas pumps, nor cars jockeying for position, cause they wasn't taken in Wisdom.

Bullshit.

OBSP: "Wowsers I say, these folks are now heading for two high Rocky Mountain passes (one is 7,420 feet high!) in a snow storm, in convertible cars, without four wheel drive and they are doing so at about 70 miles per hour!"

Maybe your picture posters can chime in on this one, because really it's the biggest load a BS in the entire thread.

Followin a road grader at 70 mph? Draftin each other? In the snow? And that one dude runnin beside his car at 70 mph?

OBSP: "on that perfectly flat stretch of highway covered with slush this fella puts the hammer down!
I mean his rig was squalling and he hit second gear just before he got to me and incredulously he power shifted into third gear with barely a fishtail as he went out of sight!"

Again, this is completely moronic. Ain't nobody gonna chirp tires in the slush. Sit and spin, maybe.

Bullshit.

OP: "I started crying and coming at the same time."

This, I believe.

Face it, loser, ya saw some cobras at a gas station, pulled over and jerked off.

Then ya got on the fire and tried to dress it up, poorly.

The only interesting part of the post is your apparent compulsion to put in the homoerotic part about the orgasm.

Now, you hadda know that is a little bit TMI for a forum.

But, you couldn't resist the voices in your head tellin you to post it.

Kinda like Dahmer got the munchies, and Gacy rearranged his basement, time to time.

And, then, you call BS on the only believable part of your own thread, claimin you was only jokin about that part.

So, let's put this in order (I was gonna post "let me get this straight", but that would be a foreign concept for you:

1- You post what you admit was BS.

2- I call BS on the post.

3- You get all upset cause I pointed out what you later admitted was BS.

4- *You* call BS on what *you* posted: "Don't make TO much of my dallying into erotic comparisons there buttfubarski - I was makin a funny!"

Looks like one o' your personalities need to have a firm talk with the one that checked in a little later.

Even your brown-noser buddy, tnpoofter, admits you obviously used "artistic license", which is pronounced: "bullshit".

And it's OK when *you* call BS on your post, but you get all butthurt when somebody else does.

Pics of cars at a standstill higher up on a mountain somewhere don't mean jack in regards to your OBSP.

You'd a been better off postin bout that 70mph road grader that's keepin up with the cobras.

But hey, keep swingin. Maybe if you stand on a chair, you'll have a higher IQ.

Good news is, after your jerkoff brag, you got dates waitin in tn and lv. That's who you should be pm'n.

And for me, good news you ain't anywhere near me.

Or I'd have poop all over my lawn every day.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well damn... flat amazing the lengths guys will try to slander on the 'net.....

Anyways turns out there's was a "Mile Hi Cobra Club: 14th Annual Colorado Cruise" that got up into Montana 6/18 - 6/24/17.

If that ain't them there's another group of old guys freezing their a$$es off somewhere.

With any luck, one of 'em will be called Hatchet Jack.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
[Linked Image]

Nice Photoshop "ASnake".

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by rem141r
i still think you're lying

Hahaha Some guys are hard to convince!

Dave
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I'd say fubuttsky has a corn cob up his ass but it sounds like he's moved on to bigger and better things.

LOL
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Here's the thing,why make up this particular series of events? The story rings true to me,it's too crazy to be a fabrication.

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

638 members (16gage, 007FJ, 16Racing, 12344mag, 160user, 1badf350, 77 invisible), 3,110 guests, and 1,297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,353
Posts18,487,900
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.