Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Bill Buckley says it best.

I would like to take you seriously, but to do so would affront your intelligence
--William F. Buckley, Jr.

So now we have some poor silly bliss ninnies getting hysterical over a few cotton bolls. They had better stay out of this part of 'Bama, 'cause we have whole fields of the stuff as far as the eye can see.

Woman's complaint against Hobby Lobby over 'racist' cotton display ignites controversy
By Leada Gore [email protected]

A Facebook post taking Hobby Lobby to task for a display that included cotton plants is igniting its own controversy.

Late last week, Daniell Rider of Killeen, Texas posted a photo and a message to the craft chain's Facebook page, saying the decorative cotton in a glass vase was "so wrong on so many levels." Cotton was a prime export of the pre-Civil War South.

"There is nothing decorative about raw cotton. A commodity which was gained at the expense of African-American slaves," she wrote. "A little sensitivity goes a long way. Please remove this decor."

The post has since been shared almost 15,000 times, has 69,000 reactions and 158,000 comments, many of which are defending the display.

"It's a plant. Chill," one person said.

"All those who are offended my cotton being a decoration need to quit buying any product made of cotton!" another added. "What difference does it make if it's a decoration or part of a product. You're being hypocritical if your offended by cotton being a decoration and not offended by any product made of cotton."

University president apologizes

In another cotton controversy, the president of Nashville's Lipscomb University offered an apology offered an apology after cotton stalks were used in a centerpiece at a dinner at his home for African-American students. After the dinner, a student complained on social media that the centerpiece was offensive.

In a statement, Lipscomb President Randy Lowry said he could have handled the dinner "with more sensitivity."

"I sincerely apologize for the discomfort, anger or disappointment we caused and solicit your forgiveness," Lowry said.

From al.com

=====================
Boots were made for walking
Winds were blowing change
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
And the N ogger that drives this dude I'm quite certain doesn't want his kind messing with his paycheck!!

[Linked Image]Untitled by Sharps Man, on Flickr

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
You gotta be cshitting me!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
so are knee grows going to eschew wearing cotton clothing?

besides, my family picked their own cotton.

Last edited by Mannlicher; 09/18/17.

Sam......

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
They will soon be cutting cottonwoods.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You know, everybody might be better off if they were still picking cotton. A man that works in the fields all day long, is a man that's too tired to get into much trouble.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
+1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
I was told of this the other day.

If they could come out here they would not leave because of all of the fields planted in that evil plant.

maybe if they had a lot of black cotton they would feel better.

One can't make up this crap.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Maybe we should take away all the entitlement $$$, since it was taken from people who worked for it, without their consent...

H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
Well....being that African slaves or their ancestors were originally transported here across the Atlantic in ships, I suppose it is just a matter of time before they "realize" that ships are evil symbols of slavery. In fact, even more to the point than the "racist" cotton plant, because not all slaves were employed in picking cotton. Some worked in tobacco and sugarcane fields, some were house servants, worked in blacksmith and harness shops, construction projects etc., etc. Yas suh, gots to ban dem eevul ships. Speshlee dem wit de sails - dey wut cause ur mizry. Gimme a check fo dat! I jus gits so uffended wen I seeds a pitcheer of one ob dem!

"...why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for,... because it is the only thing that lasts."
IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

467 members (1eyedmule, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 55 invisible), 2,678 guests, and 1,326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,491
Posts18,471,985
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.