Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 22 of 23 1 2 20 21 22 23
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Bwana_1

Stick to shotguns and beer d-bag, your vacation made you more biitchy than usual...GFY

It's not my fault you're dumb.

Also, the Shockwave 5000 is not a shotgun. It's an AOW, d-bag.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by lotech
I checked this thread to see if there was anything new and worthwhile only to find some tightly wound folks engaged in trading various caustic remarks. It seems wrong and quite inconsiderate of others to seek out confrontations and never pass up opportunities to be offended. I didn't read all these acerbic posts and will assume others had the maturity to do the same.

The remedy is simple.

We all visit 'flave next spring and then we see who can connect on 10 targets anywhere from 0-550yds with hunting weight rifles.

Placings will be posted for all to see as well as respective equipment.

Winner gets to talk schit for eternity.

Dave

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deflave

The remedy is simple.

We all visit 'flave next spring and then we see who can connect on 10 targets anywhere from 0-550yds with hunting weight rifles.

Dave

Sounds great. Will there be beer (weed for Battue)?

Jason

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
There will be no drinking on the range but this town has a plethora of bars, hotels, and there is camping south of town.

Clark

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bwana_1

Stick to shotguns and beer d-bag, your vacation made you more biitchy than usual...GFY

It's not my fault you're dumb.

Also, the Shockwave 5000 is not a shotgun. It's an AOW, d-bag.

Dave

I know what it is, it's a sawed off POS shotgun...any moron with a hacksaw and rasp can make one. The box of shells says "12 gauge" on the end of it, but TactiFlave bought into the marketing hype.

You're pretty smart when you're not drunk, oh yea you're always drunk.

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
There you go, trying to sneak in that "we" again, I don't use, so from here there isn't any we in weed. Ahhhh....may take awhile but you will get it.

Going shooting....shotguns, have fun!!!!

grin laugh

laissez les bons temps rouler
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by lotech
I checked this thread to see if there was anything new and worthwhile only to find some tightly wound folks engaged in trading various caustic remarks. It seems wrong and quite inconsiderate of others to seek out confrontations and never pass up opportunities to be offended. I didn't read all these acerbic posts and will assume others had the maturity to do the same.

The remedy is simple.

Dave

I do so daily,though much further and Reupold(ESPECIALLY new Reupold),is assuredly not the answer.

[Linked Image]

Even in a 18" 270 squirting the Hornie 105 BTHP from a 200yd zero,550yds is a paltry 3.5 Mil ele correction,which is essentially but 1/3 of the windshield. 30mph full value 550yd wind is a sub 4 Mil corretcion and leaves lotsa windshield opportunity to chase gusts/changing conditions.

[Linked Image]

Swap to say a Six Twat-six with the same boolit at 3350fps from a 275yd zero and one is talking only 1.6 Mils to 550yds and a 50mph full value wind impetus is only gonna burn 4 Mils...again leaving lotsa padding.

[Linked Image]

The ability to gun a windshield wearing lineal etched reference,that is both fast and finite,opens alotta windows of opportunity. Couple same with unerring erectors of simply HUGE travel,incredible repeats and unwavering zero retention and schit is fhuqked,before a round is even chambered.

550yds is a nice distance to stretch 22LR's,though obviously beyond a 50yd zero and 10 Mil etched windshield's ability to get there,without help from the erector. In my Blueschutz with Brown Box Federal,the 550yd line is a 32.3 Mil correction from said zero. 10mph full value wind is 5.8 Mils at that distance and that impetus can be slid easily. Though I only have 65MOA inclination upon said rifle,the 550yd line is a breeze. Much prefer a 75MOA rail,but ran out and reckon I should have Bob build me another batch. The 1808 EDS wears one with Marty 50's. Hint.

[Linked Image]

Joe Average couldn't critique a Cough Silencer and will stand in line for fhuqking hours,to obliviously quantify same.

Bless their hearts.

Never been tough to cypher who shoots and who don't.

Hint.

Just sayin'.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Boxer,
Do you run all etched reticles on your hunting rigs ?, how is their visibility in timber ?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
When is Spring there, June?

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by kingston
When is Spring there, June?

April or May would work. June too.

Dave

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Boxer

I do so daily,though much further and Reupold(ESPECIALLY new Reupold),is assuredly not the answer.

You can stay at my place.

But please mind your language.

Clark

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
This thread has been great. Got a little sideways, with some good Campfire fun at my and Battue's expense laugh

Best part was the invite for the Flave Challenge. I shoot regularly at 200, 300, 400, 500, and 600. Sometimes farther, but it would be good to meet you azzholes grin

I'm going to sort thru all this crap and see what sort of summary we can get out of it, if any. Will probably follow up with a different Leupo thread.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
If it wasn't so far, I would try to fit it in. If so, the rifle wouldn't be wearing a 6x42 HD. It may even be sporting a SWFA. grin laugh

laissez les bons temps rouler
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I'll chime in for the benefit of others who might have similar views as me.

I dont spend big $ on glass for scope purposes. I do however for binos and especially spotters. Its been my experience that when hunting public land its much harder to find game than to shoot it. The highest $ scopes Ive owned were just north of 400 in the III or 3 😧 series. Any rate, my older leupolds were always not pleasant to zero, but once zeroed, they stayed put. Then I had some issues with what used to be my favorite scope, VX-11 2-7, holding zero went they went to the click version. Then another 2-7. Then a 3-9. The straw that really broke the camels back was when a Tasco that felt like the power ring was burried in sand and then literally clamped with vice grips cured a sour shooting rifle that previously wore a leupold. Then there was the vx-3 1.5-5, the standard for DG rifles, custom reticle, whole 9 yards, after mounting it there would be particles visible on the objective lense. Did the send it back routine, mounted again, same thing. Sent back again, this time it cones back with a letter that says the front ring cant be within 1" of the objective on their straight tube scope. Well, $hit, isnt that part of the point of a straight tube on a magnum action? Plenty of mounting room right? Guess not, Im done.

The good news is that there is alternatives for non-turret twisting elmer fudds like me who also like to shoot...and they dont have to cost an arm or a leg.

Ive had had mucho success with zero retention and tracking with several burris FFII 3-9's, along with older USA made fullfields.

Also had great results (especially tracking) with the Japaneese Weavers, ala "micro-track"

I have a sightron that while lacking in eye relief, tracks well and holds zero.

The Bushell Elite series has also worked well.

My point is, there are options out there for the $200-400 hunter scope that do perform. Not all is lost.

I will also say my experience with some scopes has made me appreciate good eyesight and steel receiver sights 😉

Stuck in airports, Terrorized
Sent to meetings, Hypnotized
Over-exposed, Commercialized
Handle me with Care...
-Traveling Wilbury's
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks for that post Tom.

FFII is a scope that I'm looking at for set-n-forget use.

Jason

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
TomM1,

I had the same experience with a Burris Signature 8-32X. The groups opened up so I figured the barrel was shot out since I was used to magnums. A friend told me a .223 would last for thousands of rounds so I installed a Tasco 6-24X. The next 5 shot group went right back to normal at .312". I don't mind their short eye relief, but can't handle their low light performance.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I have been pounding the [bleep] out of a VX-III 1.5-5X on my relatively light 416 Rem prepping for an upcoming hunt. Zero issues given what I require of the optic.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by EdM
I have been pounding the [bleep] out of a VX-III 1.5-5X on my relatively light 416 Rem prepping for an upcoming hunt. Zero issues given what I require of the optic.

Friction adjustments?

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by EdM

Can't wait to see the picture of that coyote too..... on 468 different threads....

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
How in the f u c k did I ever miss out on this thread?????

Ya that's right my vx3i didn't take a s h i t on me till i went to recheck zero in Oct.....

Read every post , half hour. Time well spent....

Priceless............🤗

Page 22 of 23 1 2 20 21 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (1Longbow, 17Fan, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 68 invisible), 2,930 guests, and 1,269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,112
Posts18,483,345
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.