-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
When you hear about the “swamp” you think of legal extortion, payola and shadiness spawned from the powerful based in Washington D.C. But all that “swamp” cash generated in the shadows from taxpayers swirling around in our nation’s capital eventually trickles down to states like Alaska.

Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium board chairman Andy Teuber offers up one example of how the “swamp” works and benefits a select few even in the 49th state. ANTHC helps run the Alaska Native Medical Center. For years Mr. Teuber’s ANTHC board chairmanship earned him $122,000. Not bad for sitting on a board.

Keep in mind Mr. Teuber is not CEO nor is he involved in the day-to-day operation of ANTHC. For the most part he just runs the board meetings. Granted they probably require a lot of due diligence and homework, but it’s not like Mr. Teuber has to show up for work each day in a 9 to 5 scenario to earn his six-figures.

That would be physically impossible for Mr. Teuber since he already has a full-time job as president and chief executive of the Kodiak Area Native Association. A job which pays him a handsome salary of $539,000 dollars made up mostly of taxpayer money plus benefits. Big government has been very good to Andy Teuber.

Mr. Teuber also owns, operates and flies for a helicopter company in Kodiak. And according to Mr. Teuber’s Linkedin profile he serves as a UA regent, and board member for Alaska Airlines and the Alaska State Chamber of Commerce. One might wonder how much time he has left over for his six-figure ANTHC Board Chairmanship.

ANTHC claims Mr. Teuber works 65 hours a week as Board Chairman but his other employer, Kodiak Area Native Association. also claims he’s on the job 37.5 hours a week. If we are to believe this it means Mr. Teuber works 14-hours a day, 7-days a week, and then in his spare time serves on three other boards and operates and flies for his helicopter business. This is one busy dude.

The amazing and beautiful thing about the “swamp” for those fortunate enough to be its beneficiary is anything is possible. All of a sudden Mr. Teuber’s compensation for his ANTHC Board Chairmanship which he has very little time for went from a 6-figure income to a 7-figure one. Shockingly the ANTHC Board raised Mr. Teuber’s pay from $122,000 to $1.05 million per year. It’s always a party for those living in the “swamp.”

And then in what is the mother of all coincidences many of the very same ANTHC board members gave themselves a big raise. Six board members received an extra $249,000. Remember this is for sitting on a board! Previously board members were paid between $35,000 and $65,000 a year for an average of five hours a week of work according to a report filed by the Alaska Dispatch News. Again this is for sitting on a board!

Other ANTHC board members received smaller “swamp” payments like the wife of Kodiak RINO Sen. Gary Stevens who received a payment of $107,000 last year of taxpayer money. Remember this is for sitting on a board!

The lesson here kids is that if you are chairmen of a board and you want to take home a million bucks for it make sure the board members voting on your pay get their cut of the taxpayer loot too.

ANTHC justifies all of this by claiming the cash came from a settlement with the feds and they used the money to make up for years of “significant personal and professional sacrifices” by board members.

Yeah all those years of pulling in $35,000 to $65,000 per year for an average of five hours a week must have been really rough. For years those poor board members had to endure making a mere $250 an hour for sitting around a table five hours a week. How did they manage? I’m surprised they made it this long. With their new payment of $249,000, some board members now get close to $1,000 per hour for sitting around a table. “Swamp” work is good if you can get it.

All of this has come to light after another tribal health care giant, the Southcentral Foundation sued ANTHC claiming Mr. Teuber received an outrageous compensation package. Southcentral Foundation wants ANTHC to change its management practices.

We wonder why so many Americans are tired of the status quo. Unfortunately the case of Andy Teuber is duplicated many times over even in Alaska. This kind of stuff is rarely reported.

http://midnightsunak.com/2017/09/11/[bleep]-swamp-comes-alaska/

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Pretty friggin' disgusting. Wonder how he still manages to maintain the proper(and FAA required) "crew rest" for his helo flights given that grinding work schedule. What a crooked POS!

Jeff

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Our politicians can be blamed for no oversight. No bid contracts are the worst waste of tax payer monies.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by akjeff
Pretty friggin' disgusting. Wonder how he still manages to maintain the proper(and FAA required) "crew rest" for his helo flights given that grinding work schedule. What a crooked POS!

Jeff

That would an interesting question to pose to the FAA.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I love the part in the article that states he works over 70 hrs a week....laughing stock

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
what a crock of chit! thanks for shining the light of day on that steaming pile of dung Terry

oops sorry w4bear, thought atv posted this, my bad.

Last edited by 2legit2quit; 09/14/17.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
Wonder how much of that cash went into [bleep] face Lisa M's election fund?

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Oh this is nothing new. When I was with Iilisagvik College in Barrow in the mid-'90's, Al Adams, legislator from Kotzebue, was installed for 6 weeks as a "temporary Vice-President". I happened to see his "compensation" check on the College President's desk one day when I was in her office. $75,000.

He did show up every day, on time, and did not leave before time, tho every time I saw him he was on his mobile phone.

I'd bet his housing was paid for also, and probably per-diem, tho that is speculation on my part.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's really amazing how much (federal) money it took for ANTHC to build some of the screwed up sewer/water systems in rural Alaska, so it doesn't surprise me that there is further and continued misuse of funds.

There could be a clue in the last three initials of the Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium . crazy

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Congress is the worst waste of money there ever was.

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
And most Alaskan would consider it blasphemy, but Ted Stevens and Don Young and the Murkowski family embodied ALL of that for so many years.

Ret USN
NRA Life, NAHC Life
Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory ..... lasts forever.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 1Longbow, 204guy, 10gaugeman, 57 invisible), 1,888 guests, and 1,104 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,877
Posts18,497,732
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.