Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
R
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
You can do this for any style of hunting you do.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He's only a half bubble off.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
R
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Originally Posted by Oldman03
He's only a half bubble off.

lol

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Phase 2:

Get one of the neighbor's cats to sit on the target to up the antidote.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
buck fever is target panic. Fear of missing. Pretty easy to figure out how to tackle it all from there on out.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rost495
buck fever is target panic. Fear of missing. Pretty easy to figure out how to tackle it all from there on out.

Where did you learn that? When I was in my thirties I used to shoot five days a week. My best three shot group off hand at 100 was 1 1/4". 2" was a no brainer. There was never a fear of missing when I went hunting. Once while hunting I was walking along the railroad tracks heading home. A deer came out about 100 yards away. I was shaking so badly there was no chance of hitting it. I thought, "I'm walking too fast." The next day I was sneaking through the woods very slowly and saw a deer across a small clearing. I began to experience buck fever like the day before. I told myself, "Yesterday I wasn't walking too fast. I had buck fever." I was close enough to the clearing and sneaked closer so that I was only one vegetation away from the clearing so the deer wouldn't see me. I sat down and realized I was still shaking from excitement. I also noticed the reticle was jerking all over the deer's chest. When I realized that I fired killing the deer. Again there was no fear of missing

Edited to add:

I started doing the very thing that guy did. I would run the hundred yards to the target, staple the target, run back to the table, load the rifle, and fire three shots as quickly as I could. With this kind of practice I got where I could still hit a paper plate every time at 100 yards. Buck fever never prevented me from firing after taking up that practice.

Last edited by Ringman; 09/19/17.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Rost is right. target panic causes one to shoot at the whole rather than picking a spot to fire at. perfect example is Ringman," I also noticed the reticle was jerking all over the deer's chest. When I realized that I fired killing the deer." that kill was pure luck.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
I always thought Buck Fever was all of the excitement and adrenaline dump that takes place in your body starting from the moment you see an animal, decide to take a shot, shooting through to recovery of the animal. And that people do weird things when this happens. Hard to shoot steady, freeze up, and the release of it through your body once you take the shot. The excitement of all of this with holding your breath and getting tunnel vision can make you do all sort of things once you start breathing hard to get oxygen back into your body and it takes awhile to calm down from it sometimes. It affects people differently.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deerstalker
Rost is right. target panic causes one to shoot at the whole rather than picking a spot to fire at. perfect example is Ringman," I also noticed the reticle was jerking all over the deer's chest. When I realized that I fired killing the deer." that kill was pure luck.

Obviously you missed the part about me realizing the bullet was going to hit the chest, not the whole deer. I was able to do this, not because I was fearful of missing, because I practiced it. The deer's chest was exactly like the paper plate at 100 yards. The key to hitting what you want is practice, practice, practice. smile

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
R
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by deerstalker

Obviously you missed the part about me realizing the bullet was going to hit the chest, not the whole deer. I was able to do this, not because I was fearful of missing, because I practiced it. The deer's chest was exactly like the paper plate at 100 yards. The key to hitting what you want is practice, practice, practice. smile

good job Ringman.

IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Never had it. If I hit I was happy. If I missed I swore.

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1badf350, 1936M71, 1lessdog, 67 invisible), 2,782 guests, and 1,313 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,192
Posts18,503,481
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.