Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Steelhead
What's funny to me is that so many apparently believe their opinion matters. Who gives a flying f&ck about a stranger's review of a something?

Sure there could be reviews done by honest, well meaning, albeit self absorbed people.

To a degree, I gotta agree with Scott.

Anyone with an axe to grind immediately gets on the internet and blares it out to the world. When I see a bad review I weigh it with the number of good reviews, plus what I know about dealing with the public....which is a chore on any given day.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Ingwe and steelhead nailed it. Yelp is the biggest scam and review site for complaints. We have a family run business that's been in the service industry since 1905, same location for 62 years. First thing a new potential customer says is they've heard great things, but our yelp reviews aren't great! Try to explain we attempt to make things right, but general public sometimes only hear what they want. Yelp doesn't exactly let you lay out a rebuttal and no chance it will be at the top. If we don't meet a customer's demands, first threat is yelp. We just laugh it off now, never have had one reverse the review after they had issue resolved. We had a customer use us, go on yelp and bitch. Four months later used us again and went and bitched. Found out who he was.....since most hide under some name. He never personally made an attempt to discuss any issues. Mind you, this is the same guy who yelped the [bleep] hot dog at Costco........you talk about WTF.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ironbender
Can you post a review of Yelp itself?

TFF

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Yelp is a 'voice' for voiceless idiots.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I once gave RepairClinic.com an online review because they were able to Yelp me out!!!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

IC B2

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
I have never used yelp.

I don't either but Yelp must be paying Google a lot of money because a search for almost anything will start off with a lot of Yelp reviews.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Yelp is for idiots

Actually, it's not. I use it all the time for restaurants. Have found many a little Mom & Pop with great food, as well as good new joints that pop up. Have found it be one of the best ways to search out and find new places to eat, without being a slave to the chains.

Plan on using it on the road trip Mannlicher and I have coming up very soon to Wyoming.

I use it to for reviews for businesses on occasion, but not much.

See

See what? That you're some jagoff troll who thinks his angry elf opinion matters more than the sum of everybody else's?

GFY.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Yelp is for idiots

Actually, it's not. I use it all the time for restaurants. Have found many a little Mom & Pop with great food, as well as good new joints that pop up. Have found it be one of the best ways to search out and find new places to eat, without being a slave to the chains.

Plan on using it on the road trip Mannlicher and I have coming up very soon to Wyoming.

I use it to for reviews for businesses on occasion, but not much.

Just think, one of those little Mom and Pop restaurants will have Yelp try to extort money from them holding your 5 star rating hostage until they get it. If they don't get the money, your rating gets killed!

Never seen that personally and I've been using Yelp for restaurant lookups for years.

Not saying it couldn't happen.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's a tool. It gets missused often, like many tools. Certainly doesn't mean it has no merit.

Reminds me of folks that bitch about social media.......on social media. Lol.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sounds like Fraud to me.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Yelp is what it is, simply a reflex. Stub your toe and you yelp, just like your dog does when it runs into a wasp nest. There is no thinking involved.

precision is group shooting, accuracy is hitting your intended target.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Seems pretty close to a "protection racket" to me, if you really think about it.....

"you wouldn't want something horrible to happen to your reputation, would you?".

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just use google.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

116 members (2ndwind, 99Ozarks, 10gaugemag, 673, 907brass, 18 invisible), 1,670 guests, and 1,001 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,117
Posts18,483,482
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.