Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I will be surprised if a Pawnee County Oklahoma jury would convict the truck driver. All a jury has to have is reasonable doubt to acquit. I would have been in fear for my family in this situation. It will be hard for the prosecution to show that there wasn't a self defense motive guiding the truck drivers actions or to show these actions to be excessive. He called for help and neutralized the person closest to his wife and children. Police response cannot be counted on in rural areas. They could easily be 30 miles away. This case will be decided in rural Oklahoma, not San Francisco or New York. We will see.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That's no excuse for wearing a fanny pack.

Waistband carry is out. Shoulder holster can work if you plan on never removing your heavy jacket all day. Then too if you should happen to wreck you have a hunk of steel against your rib cage.

Most common carry I saw was in a holster in a tank bag. Advantage of a waist pack is ya ain't leaving on it on your bike, but if you have to, you can put the waist pack in your tank bag or whatever without revealing the handgun.

I'm talking 30 years back, though we all visit and stay in touch. Soon as I was legal I favored a .38 Airweight in a fanny pack, I'm also recalling among my friends a 1911 Officer's Model, a Beretta 92, one of them COP four shot derringers, a Ruger Security Six, a way cool S&W five shot .44 snub revolver and one woman who carried a .25 ACP and was convinced of its lethality. Funny how you can remember guns like they were people.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hastings
I will be surprised if a Pawnee County Oklahoma jury would convict the truck driver. All a jury has to have is reasonable doubt to acquit. I would have been in fear for my family in this situation. It will be hard for the prosecution to show that there wasn't a self defense motive guiding the truck drivers actions or to show these actions to be excessive. He called for help and neutralized the person closest to his wife and children. Police response cannot be counted on in rural areas. They could easily be 30 miles away. This case will be decided in rural Oklahoma, not San Francisco or New York. We will see.

Prosecution counsel will ask him why if he were in fear for his life did he not call (or have his wife call) 911 too. Prosecution will ask him how he managed to pass the motorcyclists on one road, but couldn't find the horsepower to pull away on the ambush road. Prosecution will ask him what imminent physical threat he faced when he stepped out of his truck with his brother providing shotgun cover. But then again, it is Oklahoma, so who knows what you'll get in a jury.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
What's a "real biker?"

[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by whackem_stackem
I sure wish you guys would quit calling the piss ant college kids "Bikers".
Real bikers would have F'ed up the guys in the trucks.
But then again, the slobs in the trucks would have pissed themselves if the were surrounded by 1% ers.

yup, have known a few of them.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Real stupid to stop and fight.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
But then again, the slobs in the trucks would have pissed themselves if the were surrounded by 1% ers.

If there is a lower form of life than a 1%er I don't know of it.

MAGA
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Prosecution counsel will ask him why if he were in fear for his life did he not call (or have his wife call) 911 too. Prosecution will ask him how he managed to pass the motorcyclists on one road, but couldn't find the horsepower to pull away on the ambush road. Prosecution will ask him what imminent physical threat he faced when he stepped out of his truck with his brother providing shotgun cover. But then again, it is Oklahoma, so who knows what you'll get in a jury.
POTY material right here folks. I nominate Barnard with no further ado.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
[quote=PaulBarnard]Cool story. Have anything to back up your narrative?

I got the fact that I didn't own a car until age 40, the previous 12 years and 250,000 miles were all on motorcycles, my only transportation during that period, most of my riding being at high speed in rural Texas. I have spend much time around every demographic involved in that video. I see it the same way Paul B. does.

Do the "motorcyclists" you ride with that pack heat confront families in road worthy vehicles?

No need to put "motorcyclists" in quotes Bub. What we are getting is this was a convoy of 9 or 12 college guys, on their way to a motorcycle race. At least half the group is on these little all-terrain moped deals, on which this lengthy expedition musta seemed funny at the time.

Speaking in generalities, "biker" conveys a different mindset: Extreme conformity of image. Louder, slower motorcycles. Alcohol rather than caffeine, and a much higher degree of interpersonal violence, implied and/or expressed.

If I'm in a pickup with my wife and kids and I'm in a long-running road rage incident with 9 to 12 individuals, first thing I do is call the Sheriff. I do this because if this thing progresses to deadly force, I need this whole situation documented. Likewise me and/or my wife are recording the whole deal on our phones.

Instead this guy calls his buddies, they have enough time to assemble and set up a roadblock while truck guy cruises along slow enough for at least 20 minutes slow enough that the mopeds can keep up.

Once at the roadblock truck guy parks his truck, with his wife and kids in it, right in the middle of the event, not the action of a man afraid for his children. He gets out of his truck, is not worried about the other 8 to 11 moped guys, his buddies have them covered. Instead he concentrates on loudmouth, immediately initiates a beat- down, specifically tries to hit loudmouth in the face to break bones even after he's down, closes with a stomp on the chest and a vicious kick to the ribs on the prostrate and I resisting Loudmouth.

Loudmouth, fortunately for both parties, escapes serious injury due to full face helmet and the fact that truck guy is wearing loafers rather than boots.

Extreme stupidity on the part of college guys for continuing this at all, let alone allowing themselves to be drawn into a trap.

Extreme stupidity on the part of bikers (as at least two out of the three principal actors self-identified as being) for assuming none of the college guys were armed ( just dumb luck this thing didn't devolve into shots fired), and for failing to anticipate the whole thing would end up on YouTube.

JMHO

You should've put JMHO in quotes " " like that. Not many of your opinions posted could be described as "humble," "Bub"

I'm not defending either party, but I lean heavily against the snowflakes on the scooters. Based on my own life experiences. smile

I guess scooter riders should be free to tool around and run their sucks with no consequences, so sayeth the fire.

I knew the Easy Rider reference would get your dander up.

MAGA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The learned reader would understand what I offered was possible counterpoint with some opinion and some fact. So you're basically taking a SWAG and passing it off as fact? Yeah, well done liberal, well done

The "learned reader"? OK professor queef.

I'll acquiesce to your pathetic, condescending attitude until i get through my dissertation defense. So until then you can continue to wax eloquently with your self-perceived learned status and i'll not delineate your profound stupidity, but we all know you're dumb as a door knob.

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Jeez, eight pages of this????????????

The things that come to those that wait may be the things left by those who got there first.

Unk
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

You are not making sense here. We don't know what happened before the video started. So your whole premise for your comments are unsupported. We don't know he passed any motorcycles anywhere. Didn't you notice it was rural and could take quite awhile for authorities to arrive if at all. In our county we can't expect the sheriff to come at all.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ringman

You are not making sense here. We don't know what happened before the video started. So your whole premise for your comments are unsupported. We don't know he passed any motorcycles anywhere. Didn't you notice it was rural and could take quite awhile for authorities to arrive if at all. In our county we can't expect the sheriff to come at all.

We don't know. We only know what one of the kids said. And that is that the truck passed them in a no passing zone and cut dangerously close to them when he reentered the lane. We can choose to believe that or choose to believe that the college kids just randomly chose this particular idiot to phuc with. I choose the former. I don't have a lot of faith in 911 in my area, but rest assured if I think I am in danger and may have to use physical force, I will call 911. If for no other reason to have it on the record. Who knows, it may save me the trouble of using physical force and going to jail for it. I feel pretty sure the prosecution would ask him what physical threat the driver faced as he exited his vehicle, advanced on the kid and began assaulting him. Don't you? You also need to measure my comments against the post they were in response to.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
What's a "real biker?"

[Linked Image]

That guy could be on a 3,000 mile all-weather cross country trek which most of the lardbuckets here in trucks couldn't even begin to emulate.

And at the end of that, when he gets done, ain't nothing to prevent him from climbing into his truck or throwing a leg over his Harley whatever, and heading down to the range.

Just sayin'

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 325Abn
The learned reader would understand what I offered was possible counterpoint with some opinion and some fact. So you're basically taking a SWAG and passing it off as fact? Yeah, well done liberal, well done

The "learned reader"? OK professor queef.

I'll acquiesce to your pathetic, condescending attitude until i get through my dissertation defense. So until then you can continue to wax eloquently with your self-perceived learned status and i'll not delineate your profound stupidity, but we all know you're dumb as a door knob.

"So you're basically taking a SWAG and passing it off as fact?"

Yes and no. For the second time Sparky.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
What's a "real biker?"

[Linked Image]

That's gotta be photoshopped.

Everybody knows the only people who ride recumbents are old men with grey beards and ponytails wearing REI vests...

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

There isn't.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Ya, what else is one supposed to think of organizations that deal drugs, carry out contract hits, and practice sex-slavery. But there is a funny story concerning the Bandidos from forty years back when a couple of 'em put bandannas over their faces and held up a miniature train in the woods at a downtown park.

The Easy Rider movie is an American cultural icon, we all thought outlaw bikers were heroes as kids, most likely because we didn't know any very well. Now that movie comes across as high comedy.

But regarding the ending scene, I never met anyone who got shot but from stories I have been told, random acts of aggression and violence against motorcycles weren't that uncommon in rural Texas once upon a time.

All my opinions are humble, and if'n you'd spent much of your adult life with only a motorcycle for transportation you'd be all over this thread too.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ringman

Prosecution may not get to ask the truck driver anything. He does not have to testify. When "college student motorist" takes the stand the defense will get to ask him a lot about chasing after someone for 14 miles with a pack of motorcycles. The truck driver's wife and kids will testify about how scared they were. Motorcycle boys are the ones who needed to call police if they wanted to deal with a traffic violation. I probably have 50 to 60 thousand miles of motorcycle riding and I was cut off all the time. Came to expect it. On my worst day I would not have dreamed of chasing down a redneck (or anyboby else) on a rural road. Truck driver does not have to prove anything. The prosecutor does. Pawnee County has a population of about 15-16 thousand. The jury will be rural country people and they will be appalled at the motorcycle riders behavior.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Anytime you follow someone for a considerable distance and then get out of your vehicle or off your scooter to confront them you lose the poor innocent me defense. Play stupid games win fantastic prizes....

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

298 members (2ndwind, 300s, 260Remguy, 12344mag, 338rcm, 300_savage, 40 invisible), 2,401 guests, and 1,263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,620
Posts18,474,010
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.