Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
It's fine to mingle with the crowd if you're a "deal maker", but once the music starts you need to dance with the one that brung you.

He's aligned with the establishment candidate against the one favored by his base......... and he didn't even have to go to this particular dance.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Fairfax, Va.— The National Rifle Association Political Victory Fund (NRA-PVF) today endorsed U.S. Sen. Luther Strange for the Republican U.S. Senate special primary election in Alabama.

Strange’s leadership on Second Amendment issues as a U.S. senator and Alabama attorney general has earned him the highest attainable rating, an “A+” from the NRA-PVF in the Aug. 15 Republican special primary election. An “A+” is reserved for a legislator with not only an excellent voting record on all critical NRA issues, but who has made a vigorous effort to promote and defend the Second Amendment.

“Throughout his career, Sen. Strange has shown tremendous leadership in protecting our fundamental right to self-defense,” said Chris W. Cox, chairman of the NRA-PVF. “As a champion for gun owners in Alabama and across the country, Sen. Strange is the right person to succeed Jeff Sessions as U.S. senator.”

Strange’s support for the Second Amendment includes:

Consistently opposing all attempts to ban lawfully owned firearms and magazines

Rejecting the gun control agenda of Chuck Schumer, Nancy Pelosi, and Michael Bloomberg

Voting to confirm Neil Gorsuch, a pro-Second Amendment justice, to the U.S. Supreme Court

Voting to strike down an Obama-era regulation that would have stripped Social Security recipients their Second Amendment rights without due process

Cosponsoring national reciprocity legislation Cosponsoring the Hearing Protection Act

“I urge all NRA members and supporters in Alabama to vote for Sen. Luther Strange in the Aug. 15 special primary election,” concluded Cox. “Our right to keep and bear arms is under assault every day and we need Sen. Strange fighting for us in the U.S. senate.”

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20170524/nra-endorses-sen-luther-strange-in-alabama-special-election

Apparently it's the good citizens of AL that need to get their head out of their ass and support Strange.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
the good news in all of this dissonance is that whichever one wins, it's a good thing. having two good candidates competing is never a bad thing.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
isn't the guy Trump is backing been thrown out for not obeying a rule against having the 10 commandments onsite?

that plays big in Alabama I bet.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by KFWA
isn't the guy Trump is backing been thrown out for not obeying a rule against having the 10 commandments onsite?

that plays big in Alabama I bet.

No, that is Moore, the guy the NRA will not endorse.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by curdog4570
It's fine to mingle with the crowd if you're a "deal maker", but once the music starts you need to dance with the one that brung you.

He's aligned with the establishment candidate against the one favored by his base......... and he didn't even have to go to this particular dance.

bitch, bitch bitch

Sam......

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I actually don't care for either of them. Strange is nothing but a big old gator who knows his way around the swamp, and Moore is a rebel looking for a cause so he can have a good reason to need all those dollars to fight for it. We would have been much better off with Mo Brooks.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by steve4102

Apparently it's the good citizens of AL that need to get their head out of their ass and support Strange.

I'll take Moore over Strange. Trump is pushing Strange HARD here in AL. I can only guess they've had a sit down and smoothed out the "I'm going to get you here, then you're going to do exactly what I say...." The opposite of that, Moore is someone who'll make them fire him before he'll compromise or back down. I'd say his second amendment stance is just as good as Strange's....but he won't be told what to do like Strange so he's not being pushed.

Screw Trump on this on this one.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...ion-judge-roy-moore-stand-2nd-amendment/

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
NRA always endorses the incumbent. They are both A+ on guns.

They are basically the same guy if you are looking at issues/platform. A few ticks off each other here and there but basically the same GOP candidate.

Most people aren't voting the issues. A lot of people are casting a protest vote against McConnell and the Senate leadership fund that have been blasting our airwaves with "pro-Luther" ads.

Alabama is as Red a state as they come. We are gonna send DC a conservative. What we don't want is some establishment hacks telling us how to vote. Trump shouldn't come. He's getting bad advice. I hate to predict politics but I have a feeling Strange is gonna be out.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC

I'll take Moore over Strange. Trump is pushing Strange HARD here in AL. I can only guess they've had a sit down and smoothed out the "I'm going to get you here, then you're going to do exactly what I say...." The opposite of that, Moore is someone who'll make them fire him before he'll compromise or back down. I'd say his second amendment stance is just as good as Strange's....but he won't be told what to do like Strange so he's not being pushed.

That's the ticket, vote for more members of congress that are Never-Trumpers, then bitch like hell when they refuse to get anything done.

If you are a never-trumper, then go for it, vote for Moore in the Primary or the Democrat in the general, the results will be the same and suit you just fine.

Keep President Trump from furthering his MAGA agenda and force him to compromise with the likes of Schumer and Pelosi.

Excellent Plan, Excellent.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Strange is more likely to push Trump's agenda. Judge Moore would make a great Attorney General. (Fire Sessions)

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

That's the ticket, vote for more members of congress that are Never-Trumpers, then bitch like hell when they refuse to get anything done.

If you are a never-trumper, then go for it, vote for Moore in the Primary or the Democrat in the general, the results will be the same and suit you just fine.

Keep President Trump from furthering his MAGA agenda and force him to compromise with the likes of Schumer and Pelosi.

He's never claimed to be a never-Trumper or anti-Trump. Keep on telling us how to vote from that great example of a conservative state MN.......

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

He's never claimed to be a never-Trumper or anti-Trump. Keep on telling us how to vote from that great example of a conservative state MN.......

You can vote anyway you wish. Never told you how to vote, Just commented on how stupid your comment was that Moore would be a better choice than Strange because he will fight Trump whereas Strange will work with Trump.

We already have a congress chucked full of Never-trumpers, obstructionists and RINOs, that's all we need is another member of Congress that will not work with Trump.

Good call, but don't forget to come back and bitch like an old lady when President Trumps agenda and his attempt to MAGA is stalled because of guys like Moore.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I think Strange will be more of the same. I think Moore is a better choice all the way around to representing the people of AL. The comment about Moore "that he won't compromise or back down" doesn't mean he won't support Trump's ideas or plans. If Trump gets him on board he could be the bulldog Trump needs. If Strange gets in he may be just another wagging tail that forgets his job.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Strange is more likely to push Trump's agenda. Judge Moore would make a great Attorney General. (Fire Sessions)

None of you idiots are paying attention. Mitch F'head McConnell has bought and paid for Luther Strange.

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
NRA always endorses the incumbent. They are both A+ on guns.

They are basically the same guy if you are looking at issues/platform. A few ticks off each other here and there but basically the same GOP candidate.

Most people aren't voting the issues. A lot of people are casting a protest vote against McConnell and the Senate leadership fund that have been blasting our airwaves with "pro-Luther" ads.

Alabama is as Red a state as they come. We are gonna send DC a conservative. What we don't want is some establishment hacks telling us how to vote. Trump shouldn't come. He's getting bad advice. I hate to predict politics but I have a feeling Strange is gonna be out.

The NRA supported Harry Reid in his last reelection bid. When I asked Wayne LaPeter why, I was told he wouldnt get reelected anyway. He did.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by kroo88
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

None of you idiots are paying attention. Mitch F'head McConnell has bought and paid for Luther Strange.

Thanks for pointing out.

If Strange follows in his leaders footsteps (senate leadership fund has dropped millions on his ads), he isn't going to do anything to help Trump. God knows, McConnell hasn't done anything but go against MAGA.

I'm beginning to enter a stage where I think most of my votes are going to be protest votes. I'm sick of a collective body of GOP that is not interested in helping the president move this country along. Again, this isn't an issues race. These guys are basically the same on platform.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Fairfax, Va.— The National Rifle Association Political Victory Fund (NRA-PVF) today endorsed U.S. Sen. Luther Strange for the Republican U.S. Senate special primary election in Alabama.

Strange’s leadership on Second Amendment issues as a U.S. senator and Alabama attorney general has earned him the highest attainable rating, an “A+” from the NRA-PVF in the Aug. 15 Republican special primary election. An “A+” is reserved for a legislator with not only an excellent voting record on all critical NRA issues, but who has made a vigorous effort to promote and defend the Second Amendment.

“Throughout his career, Sen. Strange has shown tremendous leadership in protecting our fundamental right to self-defense,” said Chris W. Cox, chairman of the NRA-PVF. “As a champion for gun owners in Alabama and across the country, Sen. Strange is the right person to succeed Jeff Sessions as U.S. senator.”

We don't need the NRA telling us who to vote for. The NRA backed Harry Reed to the hilt. We need Moore in the Senate.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I'm beginning to enter a stage where I think most of my votes are going to be protest votes. I'm sick of a collective body of GOP that is not interested in helping the president move this country along. Again, this isn't an issues race. These guys are basically the same on platform.

Maybe they sound the same, but they are not. Strange is supported by McConnell. That means he will kiss McConnell's behind if he gets there.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Ringman

Maybe they sound the same, but they are not. Strange is supported by McConnell. That means he will kiss McConnell's behind if he gets there.

Pretty much, but on the other hand Moore is likely to simply be ignored while he stands his ground and accomplishes nothing at all.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

521 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 01Foreman400, 1234, 10gaugeman, 17Fan, 64 invisible), 2,398 guests, and 1,258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,323
Posts18,487,437
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.