Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Funny how many years ago people had to use catalogs and order stuff from a distant store. All this tech later and we are back to ordering and waiting on the mail again

GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Was at the Lethbridge store yesterday. Picked up a number of things I had been planning to buy in the next while, figured I had best make the 2hr drive sooner rather than later. The place was packed with folks stocking up. Sale prices were from 5% to 30% depending on the item. Most conversations I overheard had to due with how guys are going to miss the hands on shopping.

There was plenty of stock and as I was leaving with a wallet $200.00 lighter, an 18 wheeler was arriving with more stock. Seems they aren't going to stop deliveries of product already in the system!

I don't do a lot of online shopping as I prefer to physically lay hands on an item before I lay out the bucks. Having said that, I do order some very hard to find fly tying materials from well known, trusted shops as well as my sock type decoys. Virtually everything else outdoor related, I buy in the store.

I plan to go back at least one more time plus visit the Calgary store before they close. I keep hearing about poor customer service at WSS. I can honestly say that the service in Lethbridge has always been very good. Friendly staff who were pretty knowledgable in most cases. If they didn't know the answer, they admitted it and a) found someone who did and/or b) were up front about it.

G
GRF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Lethbridge always has had better service than Calgary

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Edmonton was probably the worst. Esp after the move from 98th/Yellowhead location. There was something cool about the old warehouse building. And they had pretty good folks working there. Things changed with the move to Yellowhead/St Albert Trail. I never did get into the Southside location, could never find it for all the traffic and poorly designed road system they built.

It is going to be an interesting market moving forward now. At least Calgary has some good fly shops. Lord I miss Jim Goulds fly shop that used to be in the SW near Currie Barracks. I used to slip over there at coffee and lunch sometimes. Then there was Toys For Boys on McLeod Tr. South down from Chinook Mall. Old School shops those two were.
Getting off topic here, plus dating myself a bit!

Last edited by troutfly; 09/21/17. Reason: sp
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

452 members (16penny, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 11point, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 60 invisible), 2,695 guests, and 1,263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,386
Posts18,469,655
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.