Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
Hi guys,

We are having a pretty sweet sale on our Toric optics. Right now thru September 26th, get $80 off any Toric optic from TRACT. This is a great time to pick up a premium optic for an already great price, and now get an additional $80 off. Just use the promo code: ELKCAMP17

Feel free to ask any questions guys and check out the link below.

TRACT Optics 2017 Elk Camp $80 off and Toric Optic

Trevor
Tract Optics
www.TractOptics.com

Use discount code: 24HOUR5 for 5% off your order!
GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I should have waited a week!

T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
I should have waited a week!

We can surely get something worked out if you like! grin

Trevor
Tract Optics
www.TractOptics.com

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Under $600 for Toric binoculars is just crinimal............it was aready an absolute steal at $650'ish. WOW!

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
What can you tell us about the engineering and testing of the TRACT products?

I really don't know anything about the company other than what I read on the web site. I liked the part about Jon, the co-founder, working at the Denver Gart Bros. I loved going there when I was a kid. The days before the big Bass Pro or Cabelas.

How about a fixed 6x with a reliable MIL or MOA dial and a great dark timber reticle? Edit: your BDC reticle might be heavy enough to quickly pick up with 50 year old eyes against a dark background of branches. Have not seen the reticle yet.

Last edited by prm; 09/22/17.
IC B2

T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by prm
What can you tell us about the engineering and testing of the TRACT products?

I really don't know anything about the company other than what I read on the web site. I liked the part about Jon, the co-founder, working at the Denver Gart Bros. I loved going there when I was a kid. The days before the big Bass Pro or Cabelas.

How about a fixed 6x with a reliable MIL or MOA dial and a great dark timber reticle?

Hi prm,

The design's of our scopes and binoculars come from Jon Lacorte, whom did much of the development for Nikon before the founding of TRACT. The issue with with the standard national brands was you are directed to make products to fit pricing categories based on customer (store) needs, then on to consumer needs. Jon & Jon wanted to build great optics but not break the bank for end consumers. So, we are using two of the most respected Japanese facilities to build Jon's designs for the Toric binoculars and riflescopes (as well as Tekoa and Turion). Testing is done with both a plethora of techniques and machinery at the factory and then months and months (12+) of field use from a variety of shooters in and out of the company in various places in the US and abroad.

We have got quite a bit of call for a 6X....so that is getting more of a look!

Trevor
Tract Optics
www.TractOptics.com

P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Thanks. If you need someone in No. VA to shoot a scope a bunch or play with binos let me know. I'll be in CO for 1st rifle (elk) and 2nd rifle (deer) hunting too!

Edit: or I'll be happy to shoot a new 6X on a snappy 338 Fed Kimber 84M.

Last edited by prm; 09/22/17.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I've gotten my hands on a Toric 2-10x42 and mounted it. Initial impressions are really good. A lot of the features are well fitted to a hunting scope that can be used to dial. I'll get a post going next week with some initial details and my thoughts. Once I've spent some time shooting (with lots of adjustment) it I'll post results and follow up. Looking forward to testing it.

I will go ahead and note that Trevor has answered several questions for me and went above and beyond to apply the current discount to an order I placed last week. Very cool.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I've been thinking of updating/upgrading my binoculars and this isn't making matters any easier.

He went over yonder way
T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by Heeler
I've been thinking of updating/upgrading my binoculars and this isn't making matters any easier.

Well, it is a mighty nice time to do so... grin

Trevor
Tract Optics
www.TractOptics.com

IC B3

B
byd Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Where does the promo code go

T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by byd
Where does the promo code go

Once you're in your shopping cart there is a place that says "Enter promo code" highlighted in Orange text.

Trevor
Tract Optics
www.TractOptics.com

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Ordered mine yesterday morning. I'm pretty anxious to get it in and on a rifle.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I haven't played with my first one much but like it enough that I ordered two more for rifles awaiting scopes.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/galleries/12292057/t3#Post12292057

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
excellent! what reticle did you order?

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I ordered BDCs on both. I have a 2-10 BDC on the rifle pictured and ordered a 3-15x42 and another 2-10x42 this time.

On the first one I had some drama caused by UPS. UPS sent the scope to an unmanned kiosk located on the wall of a 7-Eleven. Neither UPS nor I could get it open and I spent 45 minutes on the phone with them while getting hit up by homeless for money, weathering a rainstorm, etc. Finally, I told UPS to figure out how to get it to my house and left. I emailed Tract and they went above and beyond to deal with UPS and get it to me. I thanked Tract for the customer service involved in resolving an issue not caused by their company and I was told that is part of their job. Not all companies would go to this length to resolve an issue with UPS but Tract did and it was appreciated.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
That's a great testimony to Tract customer service. I ordered the 3-15x42 BDC as well. I really like the reticle and have played with the ballistics calculator on their website. It's easy to manipulate the BDC ranges by changing the power range. I'll print out 3 data cards, one at 6, 12 & 15.

T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
Appreciate the kind words guys! If anyone hasn't taken a look at a paired BDC reticle to our software as OSU_Sig mentioned, its worth a look. Its a great way to add another tool to the box when you're out in the field

Trevor
Tract Optics
www.TractOptics.com

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by TRACT_Optics

I caved and just placed my order. grin

He went over yonder way
T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by TRACT_Optics

I caved and just placed my order. grin

Very much appreciate it and thinking you'll be quite happy! grin

Trevor
Tract Optics
www.TractOptics.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

56 members (14idaho, 3dtestify, 6mmCreedmoor, 10gaugemag, 406_SBC, 12 invisible), 1,444 guests, and 725 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,726
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.