OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

GB1

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Here is the footage of the shooting in Huntington Beach this morning:

I don't know .... righteous shooting or not? I dunno. Something tells me that this officer has some explainin' to do. More here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-multiple-times-California-7-Eleven.html

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
It looked like he was trying to pull a knife on the officer (fell out of his hand as he hit the ground). Glad the officer didn't get stabbed!!!

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'll wait for the full story but unfortunately it probably won't end well for tax payers.....

Wonder if whites will riot and steal tennis shoes?

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Looked good to me. Punk had a knife at a gunfight. Dumb.

IC B2

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
[bleep] hero cop, that kid got smoked for being a kid.
I hope that roided cop gets prison time. Don't ya think a taser
Or a asp might have put that punk in line?
But no. He had to use a [bleep] gun. Probably had a glock

That cop should be charged.

And Im not a cop hater. I hated playing cop for duty
On base.

I'm not a cop basher.

That Kid got murderd.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
The young man was armed with a knife, within 21 ft, and not complying.

In that circumstance the use of deadly force is justified. It's not even close.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The W's office is in HB, so they were talking about it apparently. I hadn't seen this until now, but when she came home she had said the kid was grabbing for things on the officer's belt, and came away with a magazine (and it appears so by the video). I thought "WTF, you don't shoot someone because they took your magazine", but in seeing the video now for the first time, the officer may of had no idea what the kid grabbed during the fight, or what he had in his hands, or where he got it from. He disengaged and the kid came up holding something black in his hands. Perhaps not realizing it was his own magazine and fearing a knife or gun, he fired.

Can't say what the officer was thinking or doing for sure (only he knows), but in that scenario, it seems (if nothing else) a defensible shoot. Maybe not justified by those of us that can sit back and play, replay, and watch in slow motion, but perhaps you can imagine where this cop thought "oh chit" and popped the kid.

Lesson here I guess is don't fuggin' play stupid games and expect to win anything but stupid prizes. Fight with LE in the courtroom, not on the street. You will NEVER win that battle, and have the very real possibility of being carried away from it in a body bag if you do.

Guns are responsible for killing as much as Rosie O'Donnel's fork is responsible for her being FAT.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
In watching it again, you can see the kid grab something from the officers belt. The moment he does, the officer quickly looks, and starts trying to push his head down. He looks again, the kid's arm now outstretched with something black in it, and the officer immediately disengages and steps back, ordering him to stop. And shoots.

Good (as in very defensible) shoot (although possibly unfortunate), IMO. Don't care if the kid was only holding a magazine in his hands (if it was in fact that, and not a knife from the officer's belt) or a black freakin' d!ldo. Officer was fighting him, looked to see an object in the suspects hand, disengaged, kid jumped up and faced the officer with object in hand, ordered him to stop, he didn't, he was well within the "21 foot rule", aggressive, and turned toward the officer. Good way to get dead.

Officer will be on paid administrative leave for a while, and back to work in short order.

Last edited by DaveR; 09/22/17.

Guns are responsible for killing as much as Rosie O'Donnel's fork is responsible for her being FAT.
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
News is reporting the item in his hand was one of the officer’s spare magazines grabbed during the struggle on the ground.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
The young man was armed with a knife...

Originally Posted by Nebraska
It looked like he was trying to pull a knife on the officer (fell out of his hand as he hit the ground).

knife?....it was a pistol mag from the officers belt.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Either way it's too bad.

Kid had a stupid-attack in a smart-zone.

Officer will probably be in deep ssssshit.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Looking at it even closer, I thought the officer had his sidearm drawn, was trying to re-holster, and then disengaged. Looking again, the stupid little tweaker appears to be trying to take (and the officer appears to be fighting to keep possession of) the officer's sidearm. Only when the officer defeated the little tweakers attempt to take his gun and had full possession of his firearm and was able to disengage and draw (while simultaneously seeing the kid with something in his hand), he disengaged. And was immediately presented with what he likely believed was a serious threat. And took care of it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well I don't have the wild imagination to see a knife that others claim to see ,nor the X-ray vision to see
what exactly was happening in front of the officer and hidden from camera view....but lack of pertinent
knowledge didnt stop the pickup-bike rider encounter thread going 9 pages based on total myths.

if the officer bothered to have his body-cam on it may reveal something.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
The young man was armed with a knife...

Originally Posted by Nebraska
It looked like he was trying to pull a knife on the officer (fell out of his hand as he hit the ground).

knife?....it was a pistol mag from the officers belt.

Dammmmmmit!!!

Now the prosecutor won't be able to check him out of the prison to mow his grass!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
One thing this video shows is that a handgun is not a "death ray" that blows people off of their feet like in the movies. Keep firing until he threat is neutralized!

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Thank you officer, another useless scab on society has been safely removed. Policeman was well within his right to use deadly force. Comply and it wouldn't have happened.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There was a time when this wouldn't have even made the news, there wouldn't have been any investigation, and the shooting would have been declared justified. That's not the case anymore, with surveillance cams everywhere, and body cams on the cops. Obviously the kid shouldn't have gone after the cop like he did.......BIG MISTAKE. Do that, and you're setting yourself up to be shot. But, cops also have to learn to have some restraint, and sometimes there is a very grey area between shooting and not shooting. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by fester
[bleep] hero cop, that kid got smoked for being a kid.
I hope that roided cop gets prison time. Don't ya think a taser
Or a asp might have put that punk in line?
But no. He had to use a [bleep] gun. Probably had a glock

That cop should be charged.

And Im not a cop hater. I hated playing cop for duty
On base.

I'm not a cop basher.

That Kid got murderd.

You don't get to decide if you are a cop basher...... cops on the forum and their worshippers decide that.

With that said, I'll add that this shooting is not nearly as questionable as the ones I take offense to.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JamesJr
There was a time when this wouldn't have even made the news, there wouldn't have been any investigation, and the shooting would have been declared justified. That's not the case anymore, with surveillance cams everywhere, and body cams on the cops. Obviously the kid shouldn't have gone after the cop like he did.......BIG MISTAKE. Do that, and you're setting yourself up to be shot. But, cops also have to learn to have some restraint, and sometimes there is a very grey area between shooting and not shooting. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

One thing I find interesting is how quickly a claim was made that" he had a knife".

Just like how the retarded guy being shot morphed into "suicide by cop".

Cop supporters on this forum could teach the Dems a thing or two about disinformation.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

167 members (308xray, 1_deuce, 673, 2500HD, 01Foreman400, 444afic, 17 invisible), 1,396 guests, and 977 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,090
Posts18,522,085
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.