Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Kenneth
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right
I turn the channel when the news starts to even mention the NFL!

Mike

And yet here you are on an NFL thread...........

The irony.

Let's jump on every thread that doesn't interest us and state that it doesn't interest us. For two weeks. See if any light bulbs go off.

I doubt it...

God bless Donald Trump.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Folks in your part of the country start dieing when it gets that hot with high humidity. Where I grew up, 100 is no big deal. But when I was in College at TAMU, I thought I was gonna die when the temp was 99 and the damn humidity was 95%. It was Frickin miserable !

The midwest dishes out the most brutal winters and summers in the country.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
PS-Watch the media jump all over the use of "those people."

Dave

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
To hell with the NFL

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hanco
To hell with the NFL

NFL = Hollywood.

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Folks in your part of the country start dieing when it gets that hot with high humidity. Where I grew up, 100 is no big deal. But when I was in College at TAMU, I thought I was gonna die when the temp was 99 and the damn humidity was 95%. It was Frickin miserable !

The midwest dishes out the most brutal winters and summers in the country.

Travis

May have to agree with you on the Winter, but spend a Summer in Shreveport, LA..........it's brutal......hottest place in America I've lived in Scottsdale, Central CA Valley, W TX, and Shreveport will kick your asss.

I wouldn't walk across the street to watch an NFL game if it were free.

Last edited by JGRaider; 09/23/17.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Kenneth
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right
I turn the channel when the news starts to even mention the NFL!

Mike

And yet here you are on an NFL thread...........

The irony.

Let's jump on every thread that doesn't interest us and state that it doesn't interest us. For two weeks. See if any light bulbs go off.

I doubt it...

God bless Donald Trump.

Dave

You mean like EdM would do all the frigging time? Is that the type of two faced person you are talking about?

Originally Posted by EdM
Don't watch much America football at all but do really enjoy rugby.

Originally Posted by EdM
The goofiness of American sports continues to stun me. I have watched for years overseas of footballers, whether soccer, rugby and now the Aussie footballers that just get after it with 10X endurance and -10X the cash...

Originally Posted by EdM
I wrestled in high school and worked. I am rather hooked on football and rugby these days. Watched an incredible end to the Premier League season last night. I do not watch NFL or college football or basketball but do tend to watch the MLB playoffs and the World Series. A bit of Formula Obe and cycle racing as well. I am probably a 4. Darn hard for me to burn time on front of the TV.

Originally Posted by EdM
I have given up on American football and have been enjoying the football and rugby premier leagues.

Originally Posted by EdM
I have little use for the TV and living in some of the places I have, well, I had little use for the TV. Here in Korea I get five English spoken channels and they suck. How many times do I need to see a shark or alligator show? I cannot fathom spending a Saturday or Sunday watching football or what have you when there is chitte to get done. Same goes for naps, non-existent for me.

Here's a another special one in a thread about college football. Notice Eddie had to give his 2 cents

Originally Posted by EdM
WGAF?

Ed's 2 cents

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Trump just told the Warriors to stay at home and they were now uninvited to the White House to celebrate their 2017 championship. Pretty sure this is all over his comments on Anthem kneeling.

Good for Donald!!

At a time when many are telling athletes to “stick to sports,” the President definitely isn’t sticking to politics.

Following last night’s strong comments about the NFL, both as to anthem protests and the lack of old-school violence, Donald Trump has rescinded the invitation extended to the Golden State Warriors to visit the White House.

“Going to the White House is considered a great honor for a championship team,” Trump tweeted within the last hour. “Stephen Curry is hesitating, therefore invitation is withdrawn!”

It’s a surprise the invitation ever was extended. The Warriors had been ambivalent from the get-go. Coach Steve Kerr had called President Trump a “blowhard” and “ill-suited” for the office, and Curry had responded to a claim from UnderArmour CEO Kevin Plank that Trump is a “real asset” to the nation by saying, “I agree with that description, if you remove the ‘et’.”

Last month, Warriors star Kevin Durant said he won’t go to the White House, explaining that “I don’t respect who’s in the office right now” and adding that “if I know my guys well enough, they’ll all agree with me.”

And so now comes the un-vitation, which possibly is an effort to avoid the indignity of swinging the door open for the Warriors and having no one walk through it.

Why is this relevant on an NFL news outlet? Because come February another Super Bowl champion will be crowned, and it’s possible that one or more of the key players will express similar ambivalence about visiting the White House, especially after last night’s verbal assault from the man who lives there. Which means it’s possible that the President will un-invite — or never invite at all — the NFL champions to pay him a visit.

Last edited by byc; 09/23/17.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
A patriotic POTUS, who'd a thunk! Crazy times we're living in.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
It's what most sane men are thinking, but the media will turn it into an anti-civil rights statement.

Next election will be crazy.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This is a no lose tactic IMO. If it causing them to stop disrespecting our flag, we win. If it causes them to do it more, more people will get disgusted and boycott games.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Trump is now in a Twitter war with Stephen Curry and LeBron James. James called him a bum.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
LeSean McCoy just called him an ahole. So now the NFL players are piling on.

Go Nats!!!!

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by byc
LeSean McCoy just called him an ahole. So now the NFL players are piling on.

Trump needs to ignore the bait. They are going to start piling on. Must be a slow day on Twitter.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I agree because it's getting really bad and ugly right now.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...e-disgrace-real-life-clown-unacceptable/

Go Nats!!!!

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
When you live in a country that lets you get paid those obscene amounts of money to play a boy's game, I'd think, they would appreciate it enough to respect the country, it's flag., and president.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
As to be expected there's a tidal wave of professional athletes abusing Trump on Twitter right now. Trump needs to avoid taking the bait so as to avoid saying something they can further use against him. So far he's ignored them.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RollingThunder
As to be expected there's a tidal wave of professional athletes abusing Trump on Twitter right now. Trump needs to avoid taking the bait so as to avoid saying something they can further use against him. So far he's ignored them.

I think there's a real good chance this will cause even more Real Americans to cease watching NFL. So be it.

MAGA.

[Linked Image]
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by jnyork
Originally Posted by RollingThunder

I think there's a real good chance this will cause even more Real Americans to cease watching NFL. So be it.

MAGA.

Most of the ones I saw are NBA players but I get your point.

A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Oh Noes!!

Don't lose the pro (black) athlete demographic!

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (257_X_50, 160user, 257Bob, 163bc, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 55 invisible), 2,438 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,784
Posts18,477,205
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.