Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
wink

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I see Blackheart, the faqqot claiming to be a gunsmith, is back trolling for cock.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by byc
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Understood.

Not you...but then you know that!! wink
Wow, doesn't seem like you contribute much to the conversation in knowledge/expertise but are pretty handy with childish insults. Congratulations ?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Sorry but a shotgun that breaks easily is no bargain at any price.

Especially one with a lifetime warranty grin

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
There's a Cabelas in El Paso that I've been in. Pretty good selection of new and used firearms. I don't think it is as large as the one in ABQ though.

Will try and get up that way in the next month or so,to pick up my .275 Rigby.

Didn't know they had one in El Paso, but I only get down there a couple times a year. Will put it on the agenda next time.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by bigfish9684
I see Blackheart, the faqqot claiming to be a gunsmith, is back trolling for cock.
And yet another imbecile with a pack mentality and no knowledge to contribute shows up. What a surprise and how unusual at the fire. Idiot. I started as an apprentice gunsmith in 1992. Have worked for/with 4 other smiths and two manufacturers since. Currently employed as a full time pistolsmith. At this point I have built several thousand high end/ custom 1911's. My entire years production was pre sold by the end of January and I recently completed an order for several hundred guns from a large law enforcement agency. If my guns weren't pretty good my paychecks wouldn't keep coming but they do..I'm sure your credentials are far more impressive and you can offer much more informed advice ?

Last edited by Blackheart; 09/23/17.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BC30cal

[Linked Image]

Cool looking shorty there!
It's my understanding that our Canadian Brethren don't have to pay an outrageous $200 Registration Fee or wait for nearly a year like we do here to own a SBS.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
There's a Cabelas in El Paso that I've been in. Pretty good selection of new and used firearms. I don't think it is as large as the one in ABQ though.

Will try and get up that way in the next month or so,to pick up my .275 Rigby.

Didn't know they had one in El Paso, but I only get down there a couple times a year. Will put it on the agenda next time.

It opened on Sept. 14th.

Give me a heads up when you do come down here.

Last edited by elkhunternm; 09/23/17.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
I am not an expert on shot guns for sure
but from a previous post of Barrys I made a couple purchases from CBC

thier shipping is very fast and they are really great to do business with
The guns I bought function very well

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Anybody bought one of the automatics that they are selling?

IC B3

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Blackheart is among the 5 lowest IQ members of The Fire.

I suggest weighting his opinions accordingly.

Hey, a new thread theme. smile

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
[quote=SockPuppet][quote=elkhunternm]
It opened on Sept. 14th.

Give me a heads up when you do come down here.

I certainly will. Possibly in November. My brother lives North of Cruces and is huntin'/shootin' fool so I'll have to go see him while there.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Blackheart
That's because you're a fuggin retard and don't have a clue about judging quality. The action arms on those guns aren't attached to anythinhg but the plastic in the forearm. I've seen a bunch of broken ones that needed a new forearm and the new ones will break again the next time the action gets racked a bit too vigorously.

If you don't like being called a retard when you don't know WTF you're talking about then perhaps you should keep your big, ignorant mouth shut and quit calling me a retard at every opportunity. All of you old fuchtards on here act like a bunch of little boys all the time .

Wow, doesn't seem like you contribute much to the conversation in knowledge/expertise but are pretty handy with childish insults. Congratulations ?

Interesting

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Rockinbbar - thanks for the head's up. Been keeping a lookout for a cheap shorty 12 ga.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
well, I bought a bargain foreign made shotgun about 20 years ago.

biggest piece of sheit I ever owned.
just try to talk to the person who answers the phone at the factory in turkey
to get your "lifetime warranty".
I bought an Italian muzzleloader once,
took 6 months to get an answer to my email,
sent an immediate reply, parts request
still haven't heard back from them, years later.

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by BC30cal

[Linked Image]

Cool looking shorty there!
It's my understanding that our Canadian Brethren don't have to pay an outrageous $200 Registration Fee or wait for nearly a year like we do here to own a SBS.

chlinstructor;
Good evening sir, I hope the day was a good one for you and this finds you and yours well.

The short answer is no we don't have to pay a registration fee for short barreled firearms, but of course being Canada there are rules.....

The barrel has to be a factory barrel, that is you or a gunsmith can't shorten it to less than 18½". The overall length of the arm has to exceed 26½" and it can't be "designed to be fired with one hand".

It can't be a semi- auto they need to be 18½" barrels, but pumps, levers, bolts and hinge are fine, so we see shotguns with barrels as short as 10" up here.

As mentioned I briefly considered a 13" model they had, but this one is surprisingly louder for the shooter than the 18½" one above it. We typically do our practice and drills with the heavier, more user friendly Lakefield Mossbergs and then I shoot the shorty enough to remain proficient with it, but I'm really needing to find a better recoil pad sooner than later for it.

Hopefully that answered the question a bit, I was going to say made sense, but Canuck firearm laws don't so I didn't go there.... grin

All the best to you all this fall and good luck on your hunts too.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
If it's your money, then as far as I'm concerned you can spend it anyway you want to. I don't think Barry said that they were plated in gold, or had silver lined barrels, or anything like that. He just said it was very good price on a shotgun, which it is.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good price for a cheap shotgun.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's always tempting to go for the cheapie deal, but you do tend to get what you pay for. Another Turkish line that comes to mind are the Hatfield semi-autos sold at Wal-Mart for $225.00. They're poorly made. The forestocks are very prone to splitting in two. I work at Wal-Mart and talk to the sporting goods guys. They've had a lot of people bring them back. Kind of like the Charles Dailey's they used to carry. I'd rather buy a used 870, 500, or 1400 than one of these.

Last edited by gophergunner; 09/24/17.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And yet another imbecile with a pack mentality and no knowledge to contribute shows up. What a surprise and how unusual at the fire. Idiot. I started as an apprentice gunsmith in 1992. Have worked for/with 4 other smiths and two manufacturers since. Currently employed as a full time pistolsmith. At this point I have built several thousand high end/ custom 1911's. My entire years production was pre sold by the end of January and I recently completed an order for several hundred guns from a large law enforcement agency. If my guns weren't pretty good my paychecks wouldn't keep coming but they do..I'm sure your credentials are far more impressive and you can offer much more informed advice ?
Well, here's another probable imbecile (don't know about any pack mentality). Got started as an apprentice (to myself) gunsmith in 1962 but my resume is peanuts (or less) compared to what Blackheart posts. Then again, I've known and, at times, worked with a number of very high-quality gunsmiths - professional and amateur - and some well-known. To a man, all have been self-secure, supportive, well-spoken, courteous gentlemen. Can't help but wonder if success as gunsmiths brought out those fine traits.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

476 members (007FJ, 160user, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 43 invisible), 2,203 guests, and 1,174 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,377
Posts18,488,476
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.