Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
OK Ed, time to verify or retract:

Originally Posted by EdM
Frankly, and after discussing him on my hunt this year in Zim, the feeling is it is time for him to retire He has made some recent mistakes and is over priced as I was told. Bottom line is that I shot a nice buffalo bull (39") for a lot less money than he had been posting.

I did a LOT of digging whilst at DSC with other PHs, their association and even the DSC hierarchy. There is absolutely ZERO evidence of ay "mistakes" made by John and Ed you need to either retract or validate this with specifics. A man's professional integrity's at stake here. Is John getting old? yes, He happens to be my age (63), but I'll challenge any man half his age to tell him that to his face! I'll leave you with this thought: When the likes of Johnny Vivier say John Sharp is at the pinnacle of the PH hierarchy, frankly there is no more to be said, except of course a retraction or amplification from you. I don't want this to be a "call out thread" but there it is..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Not to mention, one of the fellows who supposedly was a victim of a "mistake" (who will remain un-named in public, but was was mentioned by name in a PM) plunked-down a deposit with John to hunt in 2019.

Does that make sense?

I agree with Jorge. I think spreading bush-fire tales in a public forum is simply wrong.

Tim Arbeiter

USMC 0351

We know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
John is well respected and admired by his peers. He is indeed a living legend in the PH business.
Any "bad mouthing" of him I'd simply chalk up to petty jealousy.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I want to know mre about mistakes Sharp has made. Mistakes in the bush? Mistakes in quotes? Mistakes in licenses?

I do know that African PH's consider him at the pinnacle of the profession. As a matter of fact, Johnny Vivier and Rick van Zyl introduced me to Sharp back about 1990 as "the real deal". They still feel that way.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

75 members (7mm_Loco, 300_savage, 2500HD, bapple, 13 invisible), 1,567 guests, and 969 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,623
Posts18,474,053
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.