Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DMc

Oh, and goodbye to that crappy ugly cheek piece.

[Linked Image]

What's wrong with the cheek piece thingies? All of my synthetics have one incl a couple Browns.

I used to like them till now when I found out they wernt cool. frown

HR IC

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Just my 2 cents worth: You might have another option: I've used various pre-64s for almost all my hunting for many years. You can reduce a fair amount of weight with careful selection of mounts, rings and scopes. McMillan stocks are quite expensive and the wait time is quite long I understand. Purchase a decent factory shooter grade. There are a good number of used factory pre-64 stocks around and some are not all that expensive: certainly much cheaper than the McMillans: probably no more than $150. or so. I've reduced a noticable amount of weight by drilling 2 holes, the diameter that the factory used in the featherweights, into the rear of the butts. Then select a light buttplate option to the steel factory ones which weighted 1/4 lb. If you properly seal the inside of the stock, I doubt you'll have any problems with movement of the wood, even in wet conditions. I've hunted Alaska several times with such a stock with no problems. Another option would be to find a factory featherweight floorplate and trigger guard. With all such changes you should be able to end up with a rifle at about 8 1/2 lbs. or so and maybe a bit less, depending on the density of the wood. Good luck.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by tzone
Wrong.

How so? Did he say he was ditching the original stock?

I agree with smokepole. There's not a damn thing wrong with saving the original stock and keeping it in primo condition, while you hunt with a lighter stronger synthetic stock. Not a damn thing...
[Linked Image]

Like usual, Deflave/"clark", doesn't know what the hell he's talking about...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

102 members (6mmbrfan, 3333vl, 300_savage, 1_deuce, 673, 15 invisible), 1,751 guests, and 1,111 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,626
Posts18,492,897
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.