Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
In 2006 I was told in South Africa that 40% of the population was HIV positive. No such problem in Zimbabwe, though, because they don't have statistics in Zimbabwe. Besides, the average life span in Zimbabwe was only 35 anyway, so they die before AIDS gets them.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
GB1

D
DHN Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Many people dying of AIDS at a young age is likely a big contributor to that low average life span. Babies getting the virus while still in the womb, die young. Likely a bunch get it from nursing, too. (shared body fluids)

Dale

Z
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Z
When I was in Gwai, Zim back in 1999 it was sick. Begging literal skelatons the death made me sick.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I was hunting on the Gwaai in 2000...there was a noticeable lack of people between the ages of 12 and 30.......

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ingwe
I was hunting on the Gwaai in 2000...there was a noticeable lack of people between the ages of 12 and 30.......

That is the prime breeding age. Wonder how that has affected the current population numbers in that area? They could locally have had the population crash that was predicted around the time you were there.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Look at the bus stops. There are prostitutes selling themselves for pennies -- men standing in line. There is total disbelief when trying to explain to the men that what they are doing will eventually kill them and their wifes. (Men often will have several wifes due to boys dying in their youth due to poor diet. Girls evidently can handle the poor diet better. Where I was in Cameroon (EAST) 50% of the boys die before they can reach three years old.)

Years ago, men hunted and had sex. That was the manly thing to do... Who can blame that. However, the hunting has declined so what else is there to do??

Middle age in eastern Cameroon was about 25-30,death wasn't much later. When I explained my age people were amazed. They had never seen anyone that old. (I was the first white person that many had seen.)

Their belief is that their HIV deaths are caused by curses by their enemies -- there's no way that having sex can possibly kill them years later.

Last edited by Bugger; 10/10/17.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In 2003 in RSA I asked the trackers if they worried about AIDS. They said it was a "White mans disease" that was made up to scare them into not having sex. I asked them about using condoms and they said "Don't you take the wrapper off of your candy before you eat it?" Hard to convince them that something will kill them in 10-20 years when they could be stomped or bitten by something tomorrow.

I am continually astounded at how quickly people make up their minds on little evidence or none at all.
Jack O'Connor
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The phrase " white mans disease" is a very common statement. It's origin is from Mbeki on a news program. He was actually doing an equivalent to the state of the nation when he used that phrase.

He said that AIDS is not the problem that is being taught to them in schools and by Missions. It was made up by the white man to reduce the black birth rate so that the white population could regain a majority to take back the country. They should go forth and feel 100% safe to reproduce and help keep a black majority.

****My text here is not an exact quote, but rather the way I recall his press confrence and what he said.***

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Jim,
I remember that well. Mbeki said HIV does not cause AIDS.

I found this article from the period:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/934435.stm

Then I recall Zuma saying that if you had HIV and slept with a virgin, you would be cured. That was helpful. Poor virgins.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I guess the BBC article did not want to share the statement about the white people trying to scare the blacks into not reproducing. Probably too political to stirr that up. After all, that is a stupid level of declaration by Mbeki.
One really common practice in RSA with the girls not wanting to get pregnant, and yet another misguided thought( that it was strictly a reproductive issue), was to use the other location for the activity. I guess the guys do not care which location is made available so long as they get one of them.

Last edited by JJHACK; 10/10/17.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hatari
I went to Cameroon in '96 and '97. Had a tracker end up in a "hospital" from a goring from a buff. I went there to check on him and no joke it was a cinder block building that looked like a gas station. The "ward" was a 16 x 12' room with about 8 beds, and there were chickens hopping around in the room. The local MD had cleaned his wounds, sutured him and wrapped him up but gave him no meds because they didn't have any. I carry plenty when I go, so gave him a butt full of Pen G and I.M. Ketoralac and took him back to camp, which was a whole lot cleaner.

I was up-country in Ghana, ~ 2010, on a medical mission trip to a small little country mission hospital. Really primitive with a scarcity of working equipment and sanitation. Natives were pretty fatalistic regarding life, disease, and death. These poor country folk were mostly quiet, and accepting of whatever came their way or you did for them.

My impression was and is with over fifty years of being an independent republic and with abundant natural resources, the masses still lived like five hundred years ago, cooking over an open fire near a very primitive shanty. Accra was an apocalyptic looking city of pollution and filth.

Give some of our demonstrating NFL and other citizens a week or six in Ghana (or other sub-Saharan countries) and I think they'd revise their opinions about the state of existence here. Ignorance is a terrible affliction; make it public and it's terrible stupidity.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I hunted in Zim in 2012. There was a government employee with us with an AK 47. Guess that was a government requirement.
He told me he had aids. He seemed healthy and unconcerned about it. I guess he was about 40 years old.

NRA Patron
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
The white PHs in Tanzania have their own blood pool, that is supposed AIDs free and for their families use. I have always donated blood when I was there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Both times I was in Zim (2000 and 2006) the PHs said most of their staff were HIV positive. Said if someone got hurt, to set the first aid kit in front of them, step away, and let them treat themselves.

The old Rhodies said the locals referred to getting full blown AIDS as getting 'a puncture', as in a tire. The victims just slowly deflate.

Very sad.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

It’s for all that’s discussed here that I have little patience or sympathy for black, twenty-something, NFL, multimillionaires “taking a knee” before the flag, who’d be selling tilapia, mango, or pineapple out of a basket on their head most places in Africa were they there.

But then, again, how did they arrive at this unthinking, critical state of mind toward the nation that has brought them wealth and fame? By..liberal policies, education, and a culture that has entitled them; enabled their inadequacy and irresponsibility, and nurtured their resentment, and fostered their victimhood.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Nicely stated, George.

When I see them "taking a knee" during the anthem, I can't help but think about the thousands of young men and women,in the military, who literally risk their lives everyday so that these azzholes have the "freedom" to play football for millions.

donsm70

Life Member...Safari Club International
Life Member...Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Life Member...Keystone Country Elk Alliance
Life Member...National Rifle Association
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
maybe bill Clinton and al franken should go hunt in Africa ? and take any pro football player that takes a knee on a all safari paid for by the football league but only a one way ticket.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (10gaugemag, 10ring1, 11point, 16penny, 10gaugeman, 160user, 63 invisible), 2,811 guests, and 1,318 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,385
Posts18,469,625
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.