tag

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by ironbender
I remember getting into camp and my flip phone showed "no signal" which was differenter from "searching for signal".

Could not make a voice call, but could send a text.

And now you know why... grin

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Yup.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Ed should post himself in that mortorboard hat. Suppose he is so smart, he dreams in Latin? laugh Like I said, sort of, it is nice to have someone around with a few brains! wink

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Ed should post himself in that mortorboard hat. Suppose he is so smart, he dreams in Latin? laugh Like I said, sort of, it is nice to have someone around with a few brains! wink

Don't have one of those hats. I do have a few brains, though, very few. grin

I also never took Latin, so I only dream in American, German, French, and a little Spanish. I gave up on Danish because my Danish friends said I speak with a Dutch accent and just laugh at me. blush

If you're not learning, you're dying...

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Sic semper tyrranus.

Is that Latin?
wink

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by ironbender
Sic semper tyrranus.

Is that Latin?
wink

It is, and very good advice, I might add!

Now I understand why that phrase was used by Booth when he shot Lincoln.

Ed

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wabigoon

It's getin deep! Whar's my boots? grin

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Hip waders would be the best, all over the old 'fire.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Warnie, Heinie, and Gerhardt wanted to see how fat they could get a pig to be, so they placed a cork in his exhaust pipe. Things got busy, and they forgot about him. When they remembered him, he was high-centered on his keel, with his legs sticking out at the sides. They knew that they had to remove the cork, but none of them wanted to do it, so they trained their pet monkey to do it. Warnie wore rubber boots and got behind the house a hundred feet away. Heinie wore hip waders and got behind the garage seventy-five feet away. Gerhardt wore chest waders and stood behind the shed twenty feet away. The monkey pulled the cork out. Warnie found himself standing in residue half-way up his boots, so he waded up toward Heinie, who was found to be standing in muck up past his knees. He in turn went as far as he could, only to find Gerhardt with only his head above the flood, laughing said head off. Heinie said, "What to you have to laugh about in your condition?" Gerhardt replied, "You didn't get to see the monkey trying to put the cork back in."

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B3

A
arky65 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Quick update, I tried a tracfone for a week, it was supposedly on Verizon, got same service, next to nothing. I am not in line of sight of any tower I think the ridges are blocking the signal.
Up date on the hunt two pesky does down, donated the deer to a family with 12 children they are happy and well fed for a couple weeks. youth hunt next weekend will let the two oldest of neighbors' kids try their luck.

There is a war on America and America is losing
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
There is a way to check which format your phone has.You go into "MY Device"and have to wade around thru it, but it is there. Too complicated for me to explain,buy I did it. My Samsung is the Verizon format. I learned a lot on this thread. .

Now I think it doesn't matter which one you have if you travel around much. Some areas must have the Verizon towers, some must have AT&T. Up in northern Colorado they must have more AT&T because I can't get s cell service where I hunt. Down in South central Colorado , I get it great as long as I am in LOS. LG phones might have AT&T format as my buddy gets signal up north were we hunt. You might have to figure out a way to check the phone before you buy it or buy one of each

Along major corridors like I-70 and I -25, they must have both because in never have trouble.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
There are still lots of areas with no cell coverage. No cell tower in range/LOS means no service no matter which phone you try.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
A word of caution on the cell boosters. Mine is a WeBoost (I think that is also Wilson).

I bought one of the higher end units.

It has made no measurable difference.

Multiple calls to customer service and a replacement unit sent out (their CS is pretty good, have to give them that).

Still no measurable distance.

During a couple of my calls to CS, they told me it was not possible to be having a voice call with them at the signal strength my phone showed. Therefore, the booster had nothing to boost.

When I pointed out that we were, in fact, having a conversation, they simply said "The unit works but needs a signal to boost".

Wish I'd saved the $500 plus and not had the aggravation.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 1234, 12344mag, 16gage, 10Glocks, 51 invisible), 2,552 guests, and 1,352 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,460
Posts18,471,276
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.