Print Thread
Hop To
M
MikeL2 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Came across a Clackamas Kimber model 82, 22LR today at a local gun show. It is missing the safety, magazine, and magazine release. Story was that the previous owner was using it as target-only gun with some sort of single shot adapter. Almost made me break down in tears. Didn't make an offer, but got me thinking:

Does anyone know if parts are available for the old model 82?? .

I have seen magazines come up for sale now and then, but $$$$. Are any other mags compatible (like Cooper?)

Last edited by MikeL2; 10/07/17.
GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Saw some parts listed on google search. Guns America has 58 pages of Kimber parts but didn't wade through it to see if much if any was for Kimber of Oregon. Numrich had a limited number of parts but did have magazines. Safety and release could be fabricated fairly easily as they are flat stock parts. I would have way low balled it and seen what happened. If a lefty I would go for it.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Years ago, I had a Kimber of Oregon mini classic. Had spare magazines, extractor collars, etc. Used the rifle for nearly 20 years, then traded it for some NIB Zeiss 7x42 binos, then sold the mags and collars for a good price a few years later. Never missed that rifle and still use the binos.

M
MikeL2 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
The model 82 safety isn't bar stock - its a rotating disc and pin with an adjustable engagement screw. Don't know if it's unique, but not like any other manufacturers that I've seen.

The only kimber .22 magazine I found at Numrich is for the K22 (Kimber America) not the 82 (Kimber of Oregon).

I have a Kimber of Oregon Model 82 in 22 Hornet, great rifle, a grade or so up (custom classic) from the .22LR that was at the show. But don't want another that's missing some important parts! Thought I'd check a little in case I run into him again, the guy looked like a regular at the local area gun shows.

The joker that pulled the safety and mag release out then didn't keep them with the rifle when he sold it should be tarred and feathered.

I may take my Hornet to a gunsmith so he can see examples of the parts and give me an opinion on replacements, but the whole idea may be more trouble than its worth.

Last edited by MikeL2; 10/10/17.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
MikeL2: Last year I was absolutely elated to find to find ONE Kimber magazine for their now long discontinued 22 rimfire Rifles, at the Great Falls, Montana gunshow!
Now imagine my happiness when this year (September 29th) I bought TWO Kimber 22 rimfire magazines from the same fellow at the same venue (Great Falls gunshow) - he was asking $30.00 each for the Kimber magazines and they were still in the Kimber bubble packs and of course are marked Kimber on their bottoms. I bought them both for $40.00 total.
Last year the fellow was asking $20.00 for the single magazine he had for sale and I got it for less than that asking price but I forget what I actually paid last year.
This fellow had MANY Kimber items all in new condition.
I was in a rush as I was the first one through the door that day and I should have gotten his name and contact info before I left to make my rounds.
He had all manner of Kimber items though including hats, T-shirts, pistol magazines and etc.
I do not remember him having any small parts like magazine releases and safety toggles though.
Maybe someone else attended that show and maybe knows this fellow - he had four tables with about one full tables worth of Kimber stuff.
The Kimber magazines are around but like hens teeth are hard to find.
I bought three of them used (but in perfect condition!) two years ago at Shedhorn Sports in Ennis, Montana - they were in a large wooden box on the floor of that store in amongst 100+ other magazines of all makes and varieties.
I won't even tell you how cheap they were for fear you would call me a liar.
I now have maybe 9 or 10 extra Kimber magazines for my various Kimber 22's (and 17 Mach2!).
Thats enough for me and if I see anymore for sale I will let you know.
If you want P/M me your contact info and I will keep an eye out for you.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

IC B2

M
MikeL2 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
VarmintGuy.

Were the magazines for the Kimber of Oregon model 82 or the Kimber USA model K22? They are completely different rifles. When you bring up 17 Mach2 it makes me believe you're talking about K22.

But, I didn't buy the rifle anyway.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (1beaver_shooter, 1234, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 46 invisible), 2,391 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,100
Posts18,502,101
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.