Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by smokepole
Bigfoot exists as an explanation for "things that can't be explained."

I'm just relaying to you all what I experienced. Something was off in this area. Go look for yourself.

https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/willamette/recarea/?recid=4565

LOL
GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Fireball2

I'm just relaying to you all what I experienced. Something was off in this area. Go look for yourself.

No thanks, I have no need to explain it. But it sounds just like a lot of other explanations I hear from guys who don't fill their tags, just with a new twist.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Dude I don't have a dog in this fight, and I wasn't hunting deer, and only casually hunting at all. It was a sunny September and I was just going along for the berry picking. I never asked anybody to rock the trailer in the middle of the night, or wail in the canyons. You get where I'm coming from? I've been all over, and spent many nights in the forest, never picking up any weird vibes, other than the usual bear trepidation. I'm telling you, there's something different going on there.

LOL
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I'm telling you, there's something different going on there.

I understand. It must be Bigfoot, how else can you explain it?

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Hmmm ... I've gotten 2 other reports from that same location where Roy was camped. One was a track line in the snow crossing the "main" road back in the early 1980s back before ODFW moved Cascade elk season from November to October. The other was from some people who parked a camp trailer in the rock quarry and were harassed by "something". I don't recall the details now and my notes aren't here handy, but the specific location .. I mean that exact rock quarry .. has been on my research radar for several years.

Those reports have never been published. Roy isn't a BSer anyway, but he had no opportunity to copy-cat. Ponder that for a while.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I don't know Smoke, what do you make of it?

LOL
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Well I'm glad you asked that question. A previous poster said that there was "no doubt in his mind" that Bigfoot exists, because of "things that can't be explained." What I make of these things is, I'm perfectly happy knowing that I can't explain everything, and some things will have to remain unexplained.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Well I'm glad you asked that question. A previous poster said that there was "no doubt in his mind" that Bigfoot exists, because of "things that can't be explained." What I make of these things is, I'm perfectly happy knowing that I can't explain everything, and some things will have to remain unexplained.

To be honest, that's where I've been my whole life. But I was hit with it up close and personal so was kinda forced to make something of it. Don't have answers but it's on my radar for the first time. I probably won't get any more answers but I have no doubt something made a hell of a roar down in that canyon.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There are not many Bigfoot in Colorado. I hunt and have been all over the wilderness areas. I do not think there was one I did not encounter trash in. People hike but they leave their trash.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
!!!!!!!!

Good one!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I gottsta ask, is the kid on the top of that gov. page kneeling ? smile

W
W
You've seen and heard things that can't be explained, so you explain them as being a yeti?

No, not a yeti, a sasquatch. My incidents have been here in the 'ole US or A. Your question is a bit silly unless you think I live elsewhere in the world, which I do not.

Let me educate you a little. Yeti do not live in the United States nor has anyone that I recall ever alleged they do. You're welcome to try and make that case.

Last edited by wiiawiwb; 10/16/17.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by wiiawiwb
You've seen and heard things that can't be explained, so you explain them as being a yeti?

No, not a yeti, a sasquatch. My incidents have been here in the 'ole US or A. Your question is a bit silly unless you think I live elsewhere in the world, which I do not.

Let me educate you a little. Yeti do not live in the United States nor has anyone that I recall ever alleged they do. You're welcome to try and make that case.

LOL, let me re-phrase that, I shouldn't have used the thread title.

You've seen and heard things that can't be explained, so you explain them as being a sasquatch?

"You're welcome to try and make that case."

W
W
I'd gladly make the case were I to do so with someone with an open and inquiring mind. Based on the tone and tenor of your posts in this thread, I'll pass.

Happy camping and hunting!

Last edited by wiiawiwb; 10/17/17.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
LOL, I didn't think so.

And I do have an open mind. I just like to see facts and evidence instead of anecdotes.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wiiawiwb

LOL, let me re-phrase that, I shouldn't have used the thread title.

You've seen and heard things that can't be explained, so you explain them as being a sasquatch?

"You're welcome to try and make that case."

I did forget to include 'squatch in the title. Kinda figured bigfoot covered it.

My opinion - It's not worth trying to dissuade a fella of any of his notions when it comes to such things. While I don't believe in bigfeets, or much of the bible for that matter, it ain't my place to point out what could be considered their folly. Besides, the stories are truly entertaining. I just enjoy them for what they are. It's fun and beats the holy hell out of all the political hand wringing and truly whacked out ideas on the Freak Show.

Thanks all for sharing your tales!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I'm not trying to dissuade anyone from believing sasquatch exists. Just pointing out that "things happening that can't be explained" is not very compelling evidence.

And if we want to talk about "keeping an open mind" then that applies to everybody. As in, yes, sometimes things can happen that we have no explanation for. Period.

PS, I like hearing the stories too, even if I don't agree with the conclusion. I think we've all had strange things happen in the backcountry, some explainable, some not.

They're still entertaining regardless of the explanation.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I got rid of all my employees this year so when I go in a trailer and find something out of place, I don't have an explanation for it anymore! laugh

"No way I put that there! I don't ever do that!" LOL.

We're all just fools on the cosmic stage.

I don't have a good explanation for a roar coming from a canyon, but hey, I did stupid sheit my whole life so who knows, maybe some azzhole is down there working on the next great game call or having a pagan sacrifice to Lucifer. WTF knows or cares. It is what it is and it ain't gunna change anything for anybody me relaying it here.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER
If you hunt hard enough, you'll usually get what you're after.

I've seen and heard things that, to this day, I still don't know what they were. Maybe if I was convinced that sasquatch exists, I'd be convinced that's what I saw.

But I'm not convinced and my brain did not make that connection. Everyone is familiar with the classic optical illusions where you see a few lines on a drawing and your brain fills in the rest to complete the picture. Only your brain fills in details that aren't actually there. Like the line drawing that can represent either an ugly old woman or a pretty young one, depending on how you look at it and what you're looking for.

So rather than conclude that sasquatch exists and some people just can't see it, I tend to go in the other direction. I think people see things they can't explain, and their brain fills in the rest with what they want to see.

Just my opinion.

You didn't let me down. I knew you had to have the last word. smile

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 222Sako, 60 invisible), 2,508 guests, and 1,294 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,184
Posts18,484,764
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.