-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Yes it is legal. I have shipped and received rifles from several guys on the fire that live in Texas.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
you'd be surprised what you can send through the mail if you just keep your mouth shut.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by HeavyLoad
Thanks
The only reason I asked was because this argument was going on somewhere else and I figured someone on the 🔥 would know.

Apologies for the misinformation.

Guess I spent too much time as an FFL dealer. wink

I had the Post Office call an FFL dealer to ask if me shipping a rifle to a guy in state was legal. Like you, they said NO.

Why the Post Office was calling them I am sure I do not know. Anyways, of course he'd say NO, he gets an extra $35 if you ship through him.

To be fair, an FFL dealer can't. It either has to go another FFL dealer or have a 4473, and be logged off his books that way.

I knew you could ship a firearm to yourself anywhere, including crossing state lines, but not the sales thing inside state lines.

Now that this discussion is up, it's jogging my memory a bit, and I do remember sales/shipping inside state lines. But, that can have a downside as well, if you sell to the wrong person.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Thanks
The only reason I asked was because this argument was going on somewhere else and I figured someone on the 🔥 would know.

I had the Post Office call an FFL dealer to ask if me shipping a rifle to a guy in state was legal. Like you, they said NO.

Why the Post Office was calling them I am sure I do not know. Anyways, of course he'd say NO, he gets an extra $35 if you ship through him.

Post office isn't a common carrier. Feds ordinarily wouldn't have jurisdiction over instate sales but by using post office (or holding ffl) your giving them jurisdiction. So you could ship intrastate by ups or FedEx but not mail. But Rogers right, usps will ship pretty much anything if you keep your mouth shut

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Kellywk
Thanks

Post office isn't a common carrier. Feds ordinarily wouldn't have jurisdiction over instate sales but by using post office (or holding ffl) your giving them jurisdiction. So you could ship intrastate by ups or FedEx but not mail. But Rogers right, usps will ship pretty much anything if you keep your mouth shut

Sweet Jesus, do you guys just make up sheit as you go for the fun of it?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Actually no I don't make stuff as I go along. It's like how fraud is a state crime if you hand someone a false document, but if you send It through the mail it becomes a fed crime. Legally you "invoke" fed jurisdiction, into something that ordinarily they would have no say in, by voluntarily using the fed services

The statute plainly says you can ship by "common carrier" and defines common carrier as "any person other than the us postal service" who transports stuff. https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/15/375

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Kellywk
Actually no I don't make stuff as I go along. It's like how fraud is a state crime if you hand someone a false document, but if you send It through the mail it becomes a fed crime. Legally you "invoke" fed jurisdiction, into something that ordinarily they would have no say in, by voluntarily using the fed services

The statute plainly says you can ship by "common carrier" and defines common carrier as "any person other than the us postal service" who transports stuff. https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/15/375

Ok, but like your previous post, WTF does that have to do with the price of tea?

You can ship intrastate via the USPS, just as you can via Common Carrier

What would you like to play next?

Last edited by Steelhead; 10/18/17.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
May a nonlicensee ship a firearm through the U.S. Postal Service?

A nonlicensee may not transfer a firearm to a non-licensed resident of another State. A nonlicensee may mail a shotgun or rifle to a resident of his or her own State or to a licensee in any State. The Postal Service recommends that long guns be sent by registered mail and that no marking of any kind which would indicate the nature of the contents be placed on the outside of any parcel containing firearms. Handguns are not mailable. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

475 members (007FJ, 1Longbow, 1moredeer, 160user, 10Glocks, 1lesfox, 40 invisible), 2,242 guests, and 1,149 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,394
Posts18,469,959
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.