Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 38 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 37 38
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I’d like to know cause of death for both.

Agree.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RWE
Originally Posted by Squirrelnut
Originally Posted by maarty
Originally Posted by Squirrelnut
Murder/suicide wouldn't surprise me. The interactions I had with Greg via PM and on the forum were very negative, he was a loudmouthed [bleep] with an anger problem.

Who lit the fuse on your tampon?
The only loudmouth with an anger problem is you.
Let me guess, Greg refused to kiss your A$$ and instead told you how far up it he'd shove his boot and you've had your panties in a wad every since.

Greg wasn't gonna do [bleep]. Nothing but an old man with a big mouth.

You know squirrel, I don't think you were here during the wars between Greg and Hunter1960. Awful stuff. Full of vitriol, and anger, and a lot of behind the internet doings it appears.

]But when Hunter1960 passed on, Greg stepped up and offered his condolences, and expressed some lament over their struggles.

Take a lesson, junior.

Do us a favor and drop it.

This is to nobody in particular, but that's what a man with integrity looks and acts like. I absolutely hate when a member leaves the fire in death. Maybe it just reminds me how temporary things are. God's Peace to all that knew and cared about Greg. RIP sir.

I will add Greg to the Sticky of those who we lost on the fire if it has not been done yet.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Gents, lacking next of kin information I have become the defacto point of contact for CCSO and/or affiliated agents. I will pass along what they relate, but am not inclined to press them for detailed information. I remember him upright, self propelled, and would prefer to hold that image. Greg was 70 years of age, or about the same age as Gracie in dog years. I know what I know at this point and have no interest in the minutiae. Too, there are others from here that I have passed contact information to re: family or extended family search for the authorities which may chime in at a later date.

The outpouring of recognition condolences has caught me a bit off guard and I find it humbling. With any luck I will see him one day at Fiddler's Green.

Dan

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well,I lost another friend. Greg was cooler than the other side of your pillow.
We all lost a friend to the Campfire. God bless Greg.

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Dan, it will be interesting to meet up once we all cross the river. Just a thought, I'm just up the road from you, maybe we could meet up one day and try to outdo each other with aviation lies smile

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B2

N
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
N
I am so sorry to hear of his passing. Never met him, wish I had.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I interacted with the guy years ago a few times, very negative person.

Given the nature of the topic, the consensus of opinion, and your conduct, calling someone "negative", well, that's just rich.....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My interactions with Greg were few, but congenial. He was irascible on occasion, but always informative (and entertaining). We, as an on-line community, are very much diminished by the loss. My condolences to his family, and to all the campfire members who mourn his passing.

=====================
Boots were made for walking
Winds were blowing change
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
RIP Cross. You added a lot of spice to the fire. I'll miss that.

Grammar is important.
Capitol letters are the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" & "helping your uncle jack off a horse".
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Very sorry to learn of this.
It was evident how much he loved Gracie.
Greg showed an interest in the cattle dogs I have owned over the years and I could tell he was fond of heelers in general.
Gracie was quite a personality in and of herself.
Very sad.

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Always liked reading his posts. He was always strong in his opinions and usually right. Cantankerous, funny, knowledgable and an all around good guy. A very sad ending it seems and he will be missed.

Squirrelnut - you need to STFU you complete asswipe.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
RIP

Greg was a man I would have liked to have met in person! I enjoyed his posts - wit and bite as was stated, he didn't suffer fools lightly.

We are diminished!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Guys, out of respect for Greg, please refrain from responding to, and especially, quoting Squirrelnut.

Anyone who would do what he is doing is not worthy of replies nor any attention.

Thank you,

Ed

Good idea Ed. Just put the POS on ignore where he belongs.

RIP Cross.

Jeff

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by renegade50
Had my share of back and forth with the man. Not a good thing to speak ill of the dead. For all of you that have lost a friend, sorry for your loss.

Now, that's class!

Thank you for your words, sir.

I have read the exchanges between you and Greg and have wished that you two could have sat down in front of a real campfire. Both of you were very heated and very set on your beliefs, yet I have also read threads from you and Greg that showed a lot of the same beliefs.
I think you would have found a lot of common ground and a lot of mutual respect. Greg didn't always make that easy, I know, but once he had a one-on-one talk with someone he was disagreeing with, he would find a way to make things right. I have watched it a number of times, the first one I noticed was with me.

Greg was a very good friend of mine and it is truly a loss here. I wish you could have known him as a lot of us have.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I regret that I never took the time to take him up on his standing offer to come down and visit. We talked about old ford tractors, dogs, horses, cowboying and quite a bit about meskins. Had a lot in common and I now wish I woulda/coulda shook his paw before he passed.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
What a shame ....we are with a loss and he is now better off.....loved his comments, usually spoken in his own "language" and was always a great help when you were sincere in seeking it. Sold him a seed planter once and the transaction was a pleasure. For some reason I always thought of Lonesome Dove when I thought of him... By now, there has to be another campfire that has already begin in heaven....

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other the person to die ......

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I did have an opportunity to visit Greg at his home about five years ago, stayed overnight, shared food and drink.

As I recall, his former wife still lived in the area, and they were on good terms.

Besides his stellar mechanical knowledge and skills, he was well read and articulate. You sensed that immediately when you spoke with him. He had no need to adopt a phoney accent or manner of speaking, like some others. He was also fluent in Spanish. He was what he was, and had no need to put on an image. I was also aware that his body had taken a beating, joints, feet, and such. and he was in some pain, but he didn't complain.

Vaya con dios, amigo. RIP.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The man was amazing in the depth and breadth of his knowledge. A straight shooter and a gentleman in his own right. This place is not going to be the same without him.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just Damn!

May he and Gracie RIP!

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
To those who lost a friend, you have my condolences.

(Damn it, now I may have to change my avatar, the other squirrels are laughing at me.)

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 13 of 38 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 37 38

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

356 members (160user, 163bc, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 10ring1, 30 invisible), 1,900 guests, and 1,073 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,759
Posts18,476,487
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.