Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 38 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 37 38
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
RIP Greg & Gracie

First time we crossed paths was the "infamous" Military Sniper Rifle" thread. Knew right then, as Cross ripped Lee24 a new one, that he was a genuine guy !

To those that knew him personally, I am sorry for your loss.

Will be missed & yes, for sure, we are diminished by his passing.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Godspeed, Greg. frown

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Well, Ma used to say that if you cant say something nice, shut yer gawtdamn mouth.

Did not know the man, he probably yelled at me a few times during my short time here.....I just cant recall them.

RIP

I think it says a lot about a place, or a group of people, that would take the time to check in on an internet friend or acquaintance if they have not heard from him in a while.

Pretty comforting really.

I told me wife what she needs to do to keep getting my pension if I should die tomorrow.

1) Throw my body in pond

2) Logon to the 'Fire at least twice a week and post 'Blow me' in a few threads.

3) Repeat 2 for years and years.

Too good.... If she needs help moving the body tell her to send me a pm.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by mack5511
I am not positive but I think the rifle he built for my dad would have been one of his last complete builds. I know that rifle has just moved up another notch in my mind as a family heirloom and as it is handed down the story of its build and Greg will follow with it.

For any interested that may not have saw the talent and creativity Greg took to building something special I am posting the thread. Hopefully Photo bucket will cooperate.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/8815281/1

Jim Jr.

Very cool, thanks for the link. Hadn't seen that before nor the video.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Well, Ma used to say that if you cant say something nice, shut yer gawtdamn mouth.

Did not know the man, he probably yelled at me a few times during my short time here.....I just cant recall them.

RIP

I think it says a lot about a place, or a group of people, that would take the time to check in on an internet friend or acquaintance if they have not heard from him in a while.

Pretty comforting really.

I told me wife what she needs to do to keep getting my pension if I should die tomorrow.

1) Throw my body in pond

2) Logon to the 'Fire at least twice a week and post 'Blow me' in a few threads.

3) Repeat 2 for years and years.

Too good.... If she needs help moving the body tell her to send me a pm.

Will do, thanks! If you don't mind, could you check just once for a pulse before the plunge.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Squirrelnut
Originally Posted by maarty
Murder/suicide wouldn't surprise me. The interactions I had with Greg via PM and on the forum were very negative, he was a loudmouthed [bleep] with an anger problem.

Who lit the fuse on your tampon?
The only loudmouth with an anger problem is you.
Let me guess, Greg refused to kiss your A$$ and instead told you how far up it he'd shove his boot and you've had your panties in a wad every since.

Greg wasn't gonna do [bleep]. Nothing but an old man with a big mouth.

I hope I live long enough to take a crap on your grave.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
This is a sad loss. My condolences to all those who knew him better than I. Glad we were able to have a 24HR gathering at his place at least once.

You have to like a guy who builds cannons, expects to fire them, and does fire them. I have a secure place in my heart for the story he told about ambushing and killing a cattle-eating grizzly -- with a .270 and 150g handloads. Smiling here.

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I always appreciated his updates regarding real-life southern border goings-on, I'm ~125mi off the northern border and we don't get any updates outside of Nat'l news. Never met, or talked with him, probably to my detriment. Enjoyed his building and fix-r-upper postings a lot. Struck me as a man that a savvy sheriff and judge could've employed to give direction to young folks who needed it and in such a manner that even one hell-bent on rebellion could've been harnessed and re-directed towards being productive in polite law-abiding society. Could've showed the directionless the value, respect, and pride derived from a job only performed and executed properly.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Will verify. My middle kid is interested in CSI stuff so I'll let her do a body temp check.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Will do, thanks! If you don't mind, could you check just once for a pulse before the plunge.

My firsh laugh of the day. Thanks.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Scott F
Originally Posted by maarty
Murder/suicide wouldn't surprise me. The interactions I had with Greg via PM and on the forum were very negative, he was a loudmouthed [bleep] with an anger problem.

Who lit the fuse on your tampon?
The only loudmouth with an anger problem is you.
Let me guess, Greg refused to kiss your A$$ and instead told you how far up it he'd shove his boot and you've had your panties in a wad every since.

Greg wasn't gonna do [bleep]. Nothing but an old man with a big mouth.

I hope I live long enough to take a crap on your grave.

scott, i think it would be messy, you would have to get in line. Ed had the right idea.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Talus_in_Arizona
I have a secure place in my heart for the story he told about ambushing and killing a cattle-eating grizzly -- with a .270 and 150g handloads. Smiling here.

I only met him once but learned he could sure tell a story and he had a bucketful of them.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
One of the things about greg that pops to mind, is somebody at some time, on one of those internet snarls, made a remark about him being a transplant and not a real arizonian.
well, i thought that funny, cause it is true he was not from arizona, but he was much typical of an ol arizona cowboy, i should know as my family goes back to the 1800's here, and a lot of the men folk talked and acted just like cross.
He had a very good knowlege of the region he lived in and border conditions.
And he was kind. He kissed my wife's hand the first time he met her, and sent us home with some fruit from one of his trees. She made a pie out of that fruit.
Gonna miss him.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Dam.. he and I got crossways of each other when I first came on the forum in a big way, but after a while I grew to respect him and look forward to his posts. Didn't always agree with his opinions, but he was one of the really good ones.

We could do with more like him.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Folks, this Campfire gang in the SW is a loose confederation - except when we really need to get something right, and then we pull together pretty well. Our compadres who join us from around the US are simply the best, and they add a full measure when they can.

The news regarding Greg's death has hit us suddenly, and hard, so we still are a bit disorganized as we calculate how to do our best in memory of Greg and to help with the situation in any way we can. The immediate challenge has to do with establishing credible rapport with the SO and medical examiner so we can proceed with a best effort. It would also help to have any solid info about any next of kin. If you know or have any access to such info, please PM that.

We won't waste space and your time with tidbits here, but for certain will post solid info and any eventual plan. Having experienced the great nature of many of you that live distant, we realize that you would wish to be involved in some way. Such opportunity will be a top priority.

P

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sad chit RIP....

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mack5511
I am not positive but I think the rifle he built for my dad would have been one of his last complete builds. I know that rifle has just moved up another notch in my mind as a family heirloom and as it is handed down the story of its build and Greg will follow with it.

For any interested that may not have saw the talent and creativity Greg took to building something special I am posting the thread. Hopefully Photo bucket will cooperate.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/8815281/1

Jim Jr.

Thank you for posting that , and damn photobucket to hell. I would have really liked to see all those pics. This kind of talent should not be allowed to be held for ransom like PB is doing.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mack thanks for sharing that thread

Besides walking down memory lane it gives other members here an insight to just how special Greg was

Gonna miss that ole boy. Loved rereading that rifle build

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well, crap. I'm gonna miss his reports from the border and his curmudgeonly style.

I can't recall for sure, but suspect that I was a recipient of his barbs in one thread or another - but I took it as a compliment that he cared to respond. The man had my respect and I always thought of him as one of the 'Fire's best.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Greg and I didn't see eye to eye at times but he always had my respect

The phone calls between us were few but always lengthy. Now I wish they had been more so on both accounts.

He will be missed

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Page 15 of 38 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 37 38

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

455 members (160user, 1badf350, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 163bc, 10gaugeman, 39 invisible), 2,095 guests, and 1,104 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,762
Posts18,476,571
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.