Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 20 of 38 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 37 38
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Greg, I didn't know you, but I respect who you are, and the life you lived. Be at peace.

Gentlemen, to those of you who knew Greg and mourn him, I offer you my respects and condolences.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Terrible news. I like Crossfire. For the first few years on the site Greg and I were constantly at each other's throats, but as the years rolled on we seem to find a mutual respect, not total respect, but enough.
I liked his intelligence and marveled at his talents, and can say honestly I will regret never having the opportunity to meet him in person. Though we sparred a lot, I never doubted if we sat down over a beer, we would come away liking each other, would have overcome the Geo-differences.

RIP Greg, I take it all back. frown

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
Originally Posted by krp
Quick update, Greg is being transferred to funeral home back at county, we have made contact and will pursue avenues early next week, they are aware he was a veteran and we will keep all informed as to what is happening. Everyone contacted has been very helpful and appreciates what info and the effort we are making for Greg. It will take time but Greg will be taken care of. If we need donations to take care of expenses I will post it. It's very early in the process of the judiciary person securing the estate, we are in contact.

Kent

I didn't know the man, but would be honored to contribute to a veteran's funeral expenses...and help the man to his final burial place.

Please keep us posted if help is needed.

Maybe somebody known and trusted can put up a GoFundMe page...God Cross would hate that. smile

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by curdog4570
For those that don’t know:

There is an old movie- something of a classic- with Charles Bronson playing a guy in Canada who has to head for the hills one step ahead of the Law, represented by Sam Elliot, if memory serves me correctly. In one memorable scene, Bronson’s character is brought to bay in a log cabin, and the Law decides to dynamite the cabin.

It gets blown to Kingdom Come...... by our very own Greg Cameron.

The Director got a little more devastation than the script called for according to Greg.

If anyone knows that movie title, please post it here.

Greg would get a kick out of that.

I watched that movie within the last year. Don't remember the name. Blew the hell out of that cabin.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Terribly sad. RIP Greg and Gracie.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Wtxj
Originally Posted by curdog4570
For those that don’t know:

There is an old movie- something of a classic- with Charles Bronson playing a guy in Canada who has to head for the hills one step ahead of the Law, represented by Sam Elliot, if memory serves me correctly. In one memorable scene, Bronson’s character is brought to bay in a log cabin, and the Law decides to dynamite the cabin.

It gets blown to Kingdom Come...... by our very own Greg Cameron.

The Director got a little more devastation than the script called for according to Greg.

If anyone knows that movie title, please post it here.

Greg would get a kick out of that.

I watched that movie within the last year. Don't remember the name. Blew the hell out of that cabin.

Death Hunt, and it was Lee Marvin.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
About :45?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well ain't this a pisser.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I'm saddened to hear this news. Crossfireoops was a fine gentleman, who knew his trade very well. I'll miss him...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B3

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I hope the blackpowder and pig lead abounds, along with the file and forge.

As cuddly as a hickory handle with the self-taught knack of sniffing a out a bullshit artist....

He will definitely be missed.

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
The Movie was Death Hunt was about the Mad Trapper of Rat River! he carried a savage 99 rifle!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Sad news. I never met Greg but it's like a close friend has passed. I'll be thinking about this all night.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We seem to lose all too many Fire members lately!

RIP friend!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
As for Squirrlenut, objectively I find it funny in a way that all will acknowledge Greg was cantankerous but none find it acceptable that just one man is vocal about his dislike for the man. Greg kinda earned at least one, don't ya think? Truth be known, he earned a few with his online persona, but most eventually, some begrudgingly, overlooked it. But nevertheless, Greg's demeanor stood on it's own and I doubt he'd need anyone shielding him from the truth, if I'm reading what you guys that knew him are writing. He might even call you pussies for not letting Squirrlenut have his opinion in peace. JMO not having known the man.

Obviously the men that knew Greg personally thought much of him, no doubt with good cause. For those of us that didn't, and for some that were on the receiving end of his wrath, as it sounds like many were, we had best listen to those who knew him best, and give the man his due. .

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by saddlering
The Movie was Death Hunt was about the Mad Trapper of Rat River! he carried a break down savage 99 rifle! chambered in 30-30

One of my favorite books. I'll have to look for that movie.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Originally Posted by saddlering
The Movie was Death Hunt was about the Mad Trapper of Rat River! he carried a break down savage 99 rifle! chambered in 30-30

One of my favorite books. I'll have to look for that movie.

Oh, cool. I did not know it was a book first.

I am MAGA.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Sure it wasnt a 303 Savage?

Sorry, never read the book.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Kent, thank you for engaging this locally. Don't know what else to say at the moment. This path has not been my happiest adventure by a long shot and I'm very poorly located to get directly involved. Not much slows me down, but a couple of time zones and not knowing the local turf is an obstacle.

For what it may be worth, after I called the CCSO and made the request for a wellness check I received a call from the responding deputy. He asked questions about Greg, his routines, vehicle description etc. He was in a bit of a quandary about entering the property as the gate was locked and there is a no trespassing sign. It was about then that Nip came out to great him and apparently the pup was a bit overjoyed. She whined and made stressed dog sounds is the best way I can describe it. Greg's truck was visible and the deputy sounded some sort of loud buzzing horn several times w/o response. I told him to do what he thought best and let him make the call.

He went over the gate with his mic still hot. A few grunts and such, then Nip was all over him, apparently trying to jump up into his arms. He soothed her a bit and eventually I heard him pounding on the door. No response. I asked him if there was any dog food or water outside and he responded that the food bowl was empty and there was a very small amount of water left. He then told me he would call me back, that he was going to search the premises and look thru the windows where he could.

It was about 30-45 minutes later than he called back and told me that Greg had passed. I heard other officers on scene in the background and it was clear from his voice tone that he was a bit stressed, and I did not understand him the first time he told me Greg had passed. He repeated that and told me that Gracie was gone as well, then offered condolences for my loss.

He was an example of one of our finest doing a hard thing well. A salute to him and a farewell to two of my favorites.

With any luck I won't have to do this again. It cut to the core.

Dan
Thank you Dan.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
Originally Posted by krp
Quick update, Greg is being transferred to funeral home back at county, we have made contact and will pursue avenues early next week, they are aware he was a veteran and we will keep all informed as to what is happening. Everyone contacted has been very helpful and appreciates what info and the effort we are making for Greg. It will take time but Greg will be taken care of. If we need donations to take care of expenses I will post it. It's very early in the process of the judiciary person securing the estate, we are in contact.
Kent

I didn't know the man, but would be honored to contribute to a veteran's funeral expenses...and help the man to his final burial place.
Please keep us posted if help is needed.

Maybe somebody known and trusted can put up a GoFundMe page...God Cross would hate that. smile

There will be a new thread if it is needed.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Page 20 of 38 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 37 38

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (160user, 12344mag, 1234, 007FJ, 1936M71, 17CalFan, 57 invisible), 2,523 guests, and 1,390 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,686
Posts18,475,107
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.