-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I usually buy De Beers Crown of Light or Forevermark,,,or Jaffe for the wife, whether Diamonds International or Bailey Banks & Biddle.

Find a reputable dealer in area, be ready to take the hit...the wife will love it.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Pawn shop.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Diamonds are graded by their clarity. It's not rocket science,

Ask to look at it under a microscope. You''ll be able to see the inclusions very clearly.

The clearer, the better.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Ask to look at it under a microscope. You''ll be able to see the inclusions very clearly.

The clearer, the better.

Clarity is only one factor.

It's clarity, color, carat weight and cut.

If you are looking for a real diamond, the best value it typically a clarity of Si-1 and color in the H to I range.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 10/21/17.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Bristoe

The clearer, the better.

Clarity is only one factor.

It's clarity, color, carat weight and cut.

If you are looking for a real diamond, the best value it typically a clarity of Si-1 and color in the H to I range.

Well,...that's true enough, I guess,...but diamonds are just a way for the goyin to entice their women into givin' them some pussy.

They're good for dressing the wheels on surface grinders and for getting air headed women to spread their legs.

I'd hand the bitch a 1 ounce Krugerrand and if she bitched about it,..I'd send her down the road.

Women are a dime a fuggin' dozen these days. 'Specially American women.

IC B2

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Tell the bitch to give *you* a damn diamond,....that's what *I* think.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'd check out Costco, you'll do better for your money

Sean
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Mister Bristoe, it is quite clear you do not know just what a gift from God my wife is. I can only wish you would have so blessed.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
That's where it's at these days. If a woman shows up wantin' ya stuff,...maybe you tell her that it's free this time, But the next time she comes around she needs to have an ounce of gold bullion and a big plate of hoe-made lasagna.

The stuff men got is valuable. It makes babies and keeps women from turning into crazy cat ladies.

If she starts pissin' about it,...just hand her a fuggin' kitten and tell her to go away.

Be the sperm Nazi,..man,..

"No sperm for you!"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I forgot to add, based on your intended budget, obviously diamonds have a huge range in pricing based on quality(as posted by already)...the "deals" are rare based on substantial markup, but the gift is from the heart...which is all that matters.

There isn't a price for a good woman in your life, spend within your means and enjoy her smile when you offer the gift.

IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
I forgot to add, based on your intended budget, obviously diamonds have a huge range in pricing based on quality(as posted by already)...the "deals" are rare based on substantial markup, but the gift is from the heart...which is all that matters.

There isn't a price for a good woman in your life, spend within your means and enjoy her smile when you offer the gift.

Everything has it's price, however, by definition, if she expects you to overspend, she isn't a "good woman".

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yup, paying too much for a lady's trinket is no different than paying too much for a 1911, and a smart one knows it. Jewelry is stupidly overpriced because of the emotions involved.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Don’t overlook vintage estate jewelry. There are some very beautiful classic designs from days gone by out there. With more character imo than you can find with more new retail available. Or go the custom route if you have the cash.

I’m one of the lucky ones as well married 27 years and the wife has never desired expensive jewelry and rarely wears what I have bought her over the years. Here favorite though is a Tiffany’s platinum and diamond tennis braclet from the 1930’s I picked up at an estate auction in the late 90’s.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Through the years I've gotten some small sparklies for my wife. We got a little educated in Amsterdam and Antwerp but being a poor GIs clouldn't buy really nice stuff. Said that to say, Costco has good quality at surprisingly good prices. If looking for high dollar stuff, buy a loupe and do your homework before starting but double check Costco before you buy. I don't work for them or own their stock, I just like them.

I'm not cheap, I'm frugal.
[Linked Image]
W
Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Pawn shop.

Winner winner

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Help men, jewelry stores are noted for their high markup....

If you are planning to get a certified/serial numbered stone like GIA, they have a world market price per carat.

shonky jewellers can have an uncertified stone graded (by a crappy stone grader) above what
it really is, to increase profit margin.
To the naked eye most people have trouble seeing the diff. between G or E or even D color....
inclusions (Si - IF) same again.....how many customers bother to inspect a diamond through a 10X loupe...?

then it also depends on what lighting is being used by the jewellery shop when viewing stones.
Unlikely a retail customer will get to view rocks under a proper light for grading stones, or get access
to a set of master stones to compare the diamond they are buying.

GIA certs. provide a number of accurate proper lab-measured technical details that make it much easier
for a novice to know what they are purchasing (even if they cannot see the difference)

https://www.gia.edu/analysis-grading-sample-report-diamond

My minimum std. for a 'true white' (to the naked eye) rock, starts at a genuine 'G' (color) and 'SI' (small inclusions)
from that point I would only spend more if I wanted more size/weight (carat).

Skonky jewellers can show and sell you graded (but uncertified) stones, then secretly switch the stones
for lower grade ones when building the necklace.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sent you a PM. We have a guy on here who's a custom jeweler.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by SeanD
I'd check out Costco, you'll do better for your money

I trust Costco to give good value whether it be food, tires or jewelry.

Every time I see a department store or jewelry store advertising fine jewelry at 50% off I have to ask myself, "what is that stuff really worth?".

Nifty-250

"If you don't know where you're going, you may wind up somewhere else".
Yogi Berra
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The price of gold has put the good stuff out of the reach of many people.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Bwana_1

Everything has it's price, however, by definition, if she expects you to overspend, she isn't a "good woman".

I agree, thus "spend within your means" was stated.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

618 members (10gaugeman, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 1lessdog, 222Sako, 21, 65 invisible), 2,461 guests, and 1,227 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,413
Posts18,470,470
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.