You're an idiot.

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I'm glad we could all come together and fight over the death of a good man, the campfire really is just like family.

RIP Greg

Last edited by heavywalker; 10/23/17.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Your definition of "curmudgeon" must differ from mine.

Folks ain't shy around here about expressing negative opinions, I think if they meant "A$$$ole" they woulda said "A$$$ole".

YMMV

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My thoughts exactly heavywalker,

Kent, thanks for that update.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I'll miss him, regardless of other people's opinions. He was his own man, and comfortable with it. Nothing wrong with that.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Gus
i always thought that 1960 guy was a pretty good dude. a deputy sheriff in tenn. if memory serves? retired military? not sure. he was from oregon or some other far off place. what was the catalyst that set those two old dudes off against each other? i recall that hunter 60 was always wanting to get a welfare check on the dude from AZ. maybe he had an intuitive sense that was missed by the rank & file?

Oh please. 1960 told me he was going to arrange for a SWAT raid of my home. Rick immediately confronted him on the open forums about it, and he backed down with such talk. That was the sort of thing he threatened for Greg also. 1960 was a loose cannon that should never have been issued a badge, and Greg was right to give him a hard time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wasn't aware of this stuff . Wow .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
No,you are disrespectful and wanted to be heard. Does it cross your mind that maybe nobody wants to hear what you have to say?
Especially when it concerns a friend who has recently passed? Your best option is to back away silently.

Does it cross your mind that I don't give a fugg what you or others want to hear? If you can't deal with your friend being an azzhole, that's your problem not mine.

His friend is deceased and cannot respond to your attacks. Do you have a decent bone in your body you [bleep] piece of [bleep]?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It is best to wait for the body to be in the ground, before pissing on the grave.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'll just say that I enjoyed Greg's hospitality, his photo albums, the books that he gave me, the phone calls, and our extended visits over a cup or three of coffee when I had reason to be in Sierra Vista. He loved my wife's diatribes in The American Thinker and never failed to call and give her a verbal pat on the back. He was the first to call when our good friend Rob Krentz was murdered.

YMMV.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
No,you are disrespectful and wanted to be heard. Does it cross your mind that maybe nobody wants to hear what you have to say?
Especially when it concerns a friend who has recently passed? Your best option is to back away silently.

Does it cross your mind that I don't give a fugg what you or others want to hear? If you can't deal with your friend being an azzhole, that's your problem not mine.

His friend is deceased and cannot respond to your attacks. Do you have a decent bone in your body you [bleep] piece of [bleep]?

Lighten up, I'd be pissed too if I worked my whole life just so I could move to Oregon...

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
I do not know what transpired. They were found inside his home. My guess is they will send his remains to the medical examiner to determine COD. Other than informing me of his passing, no specific information was provided by the deputy that called following my request for a wellness check. In truth I did not want to know and did not ask. I will remember him as he is in the picture, with a gun he restored in my behalf.

My last communication with him was on 9-23 via email and by phone a few days prior when he called to inquire how we fared with H. Irma. He mentioned that he had been having a bout of back pain, but otherwise seemed normal in all regards.

I'm fairly hardened to such things, but this one hits kind of close to home. He had done a fair bit of gun work for me in days gone by and provided guidance on the topic many times. To hear him speak of better days he came from many lands and lived life to the fullest. From his days on board the sea going ships with his father, to Canada and other points of the compass. He lived as some only dream of and he has my undying respect.

Dan

I am sorry to hear this...but I'm glad with whatever transpired, that he is with Gracie...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
JHC! I just got home from a trip to IL. ANY details yet? I will miss him sorely he was a real mans man.

Damnit all to hell what a loss.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by T LEE
JHC! I just got home from a trip to IL. ANY details yet? I will miss him sorely he was a real mans man.

No details yet and I'm not one of the ones that want them. However it went down, I hope it was quick and painless for the both of them.

To everyone else, please don't pontificate on the "quick and painless" aspect. It's all any of us can ask for when it's our time.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by T LEE

It seems so unusual to open onto this forum and not have a forum reply or message from Greg. He'd bust my chops often, and he was usually right. He was a bit unique. He would bust you down but still be a friend. He never took things personally.

What a loss.

Last edited by luv2safari; 10/24/17.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Question all you want. Go back in this very thread and see how many times the word curmudgeon was used. All that is is a nice way of saying the guy was an azzhole.

While Greg could be an azzhole - he would readily admit to it. (Unlike many here!)

(I've used the self-description of "old curmudgeon" for many years on another site! Does that make me an azzhole?)

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mark shubert
I've used the self-description of "old curmudgeon" for many years on another site! Does that make me an azzhole?
No, Mark, it doesn't - but there are other things you could try.

How is Joy doing? Been thinking about both of you.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Rest in peace.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mudhen
I'll just say that I enjoyed Greg's hospitality, his photo albums, the books that he gave me, the phone calls, and our extended visits over a cup or three of coffee when I had reason to be in Sierra Vista. He loved my wife's diatribes in The American Thinker and never failed to call and give her a verbal pat on the back. He was the first to call when our good friend Rob Krentz was murdered.

YMMV.

I took a moment to read up on the Rob Krentz murder. Every ranchers nightmare who lives close to the border.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You folks that have to turn a death notice thread in to a disrespectful pizzing match disgust me to the core.

Have you no respect for the mans passing without injecting your venomous posts into it and quarreling.

Please take it to PM's or start a different thread simply out of decency even if you have no respect.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I'll second that.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Page 31 of 38 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 37 38

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

362 members (16penny, 1badf350, 10gaugeman, 1eyedmule, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 46 invisible), 2,521 guests, and 1,314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,492
Posts18,472,015
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.