K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Looks like the Military Academy has some huge problems

http://www.weeklystandard.com/what-is-happening-at-west-point/article/2010027

Last edited by keith_dunlap; 10/23/17.

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by keith_dunlap

The entire Nation has huge problems that can be allocated in one word: Lieberals.

Treat them as any cancerous malignancy and we stand a good chance to survive. Failure to excise that deadly tumor guarantees death.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Typical of pretty much all other universities & the country in general.

Discipline & integrity are things of the past & the country is suffering because of it; that is now carrying over into the officer ranks in the military as well. Actually into the enlisted ranks too............in all branches.

MM

J
J23 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by RickyD

The entire Nation has huge problems that can be allocated in one word: Lieberals.

Treat them as any cancerous malignancy and we stand a good chance to survive. Failure to excise that deadly tumor guarantees death.

All of our nation's problems, and the solution, summed up in a few short sentences. Spot on Mr. D.

"Ignorance is acceptable, because you can remedy it with knowledge and research. Stupidity is when you guard your ignorance."
Ted Nugent

"Idolizing a politician is like believing the stripper really likes you."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
a friend of mine has a son there right now. He is disgusted with some of the stuff, in particular the female commander that was in charge for the last couple of years. I believe he said she has moved on.

At any rate, his son is an athlete there and has to bust his ass to get in and to stay. He went to a prep school the year before he was admitted. Several members of his team at the prep school were caught using a private chat group using racial slurs against a female cadet. All of them were suspended and had their offers to the academy revoked.

He himself, as a sophomore now, did not correctly annotate a quote he used in an English paper, was cited for violating the honor code by his instructor, brought before a review board and had 6 months added to his obligation to the academy while forfeiting one semester of his sport.

I know this kid pretty well and I can't imagine him ever stepping out of line like any of the examples mentioned in that letter. Then again, as I said, this kid had to kill himself to get accepted and knows what a privilege it is for him to be there. There is a lot of bureaucracy that he and his family dislike, but they understand that he may be making decisions that determine whether a man lives or dies. There is no detail too small, not even forgetting a footnote in a paper, to overlook.

Last edited by KFWA; 10/23/17.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B2

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by RickyD

even the pentagon is in agreement that the american empire is collapsing, for whatever reason one wishes to espouse. it's all kinda breath-taking really.

there is some concern about the implosion of the empire, and i'm not talking about that wyoming volcano or whatever.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It's equally as bad, if not more so at the other service academies..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
A
acy Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by jorgeI

Interesting. My son graduated from USNA in 2012, and it wasn't like that at all. Certainly affirmative action has had a negative impact, but discipline and academic expectations were not at all like the letter suggests is going on at West Point.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by acy

Interesting. My son graduated from USNA in 2012, and it wasn't like that at all. Certainly affirmative action has had a negative impact, but discipline and academic expectations were not at all like the letter suggests is going on at West Point.

I spent thirty years in the canoe club, including my last tour as the "Dean Wormer" of Naval Aviation at Pensacola ( I retired in Dec of 08). The difference between say pre-1996 graduates and what we have today is noticeable. Also spent considerable time on the "Minority Flight Attrition Working Group" and the "feed" from USNA grads. They've been circumventing the "order of merit" for service selection for years now in order to make quotas..er..."goals".

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ouch! I just read that open letter with disbelief.

Question: Can Trump appoint a new Commandant with new orders to clean that up?

I noted that the LT. Col. made several references to "she" cadets, one who failed multiple courses and was not separated. He camouflaged the female problem in the name of PC and his own hide, but easy enough to understand.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
IC B3

A
acy Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by acy

I spent thirty years in the canoe club, including my last tour as the "Dean Wormer" of Naval Aviation at Pensacola ( I retired in Dec of 08). The difference between say pre-1996 graduates and what we have today is noticeable. Also spent considerable time on the "Minority Flight Attrition Working Group" and the "feed" from USNA grads. They've been circumventing the "order of merit" for service selection for years now in order to make quotas..er..."goals".

As I noted, affirmative action has had a negative impact. However, I think your statement regarding the current status of the other academies, notwithstanding your time in the navy, is wrong. Do you have specific knowledge of the midshipmen treating professors with lack of respect, or ignoring rules of behavior/conduct with impunity? Same question about USAFA cadets. That's what the letter was mainly about, not how quotas have allowed some, or even quite a few, less than academically qualified people in to the academy.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When a society begins to slide into the abyss, usually its primary and major institutions already have gone down the slope.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
The present USMA Superintendent's rebuttal to the charges laid out in the letter....

https://www.usma.edu/news/Shared%20...20Letter%20from%20Academy%20Graduate.pdf

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
That letter is heartbreaking. Is it possible that the Obama malaise has penetrated that deeply?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Smells of Political Correctness, and butt hurt from being called on the sorry state of affairs.

He talks of the switch from "attritional" model to "developmental" model, just after telling us how many he kicked out. WTF is it? Sounds like you have some attrition going on there. Psychobabble for lowering expectations. West Point traditionally was tough. As an 18 year old, you had to mature and have your scheit together to survive. You had to be serious and self motivated. You had to be focused and you went there with a purpose.

Now, kids pick a school away from home that sounds cool. "I want to go to West Point". Old days West Point was filled with legacies and Army brats who grew up in a military home. Not so sure now.

Superintendent Lt General Kiss Butt there is rebutting the charges in a manner to deflect the criticism and please his handlers. He's not making America better or safer following this route.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My daughter got an invite to attend Summer Session at the USNA. She went and it didn't take but what I found interesting was what they are doing with the Summer Session - and I assume this is true of all of the academies.

The Summer Session is used to bring in diversity to the academies. They aren't bringing in "ideal" candidates to these session - at least not ideal in the sense its kids that are growing up knowing they want to attend the academy, they are targeting women, minorities, muslim, whatever in a definite desire to "broaden" the cadet pool.

Seems like a program with one of the hardest acceptance rates in the United States wouldn't be that desperate to displace qualified applicants for someone who thinks it might be fun to go there because they couldn't get into Princeton.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hatari
Ouch! I just read that open letter with disbelief.

Question: Can Trump appoint a new Commandant with new orders to clean that up?

I noted that the LT. Col. made several references to "she" cadets, one who failed multiple courses and was not separated. He camouflaged the female problem in the name of PC and his own hide, but easy enough to understand.

I caught that too. and the response letter talks about female candidates having to take boxing so apparently they caught it as well.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
evidently the Pentagon is more interested in turning out social justice warriors rather than fighting men and leaders. If the purpose of the military were to break things and kill people, we don't need most of what we have, with regards to personnel, or with what we teach these days.

Sam......

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
evidently the Pentagon is more interested in turning out social justice warriors rather than fighting men and leaders. If the purpose of the military were to break things and kill people, we don't need most of what we have, with regards to personnel, or with what we teach these days.

Spot on. One need only access "Navy Knowledge on line" and compare how many "social justice" bullshit courses as compared to killing people and breaking things. SECDEF addressed this the other day and promised to change it. We'll see... (I doubt it)

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
It is more than a little confusing to read conflicting accounts of how the military is going to hell and at the same time read how they are the best we have ever had.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (1Akshooter, 007FJ, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 63 invisible), 2,435 guests, and 1,349 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,046
Posts18,500,875
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.