Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I personally don't care if I ever hear from Stick again...kind of a smart A$$$$$$$ I think.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
280Rem, I can certainly understand your thinking but I have a question for you and this is only a question, not trying to be a dick or anything. You said if someone called your wife a whore in public you would get offended, which I would too, but what if someone on here called your wife a whore....would that offend you? Words are words, rather they are written or spoken, they are still words so thats why I ask.

Last edited by AkMtnHntr; 02/06/07.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I said I would leave this alone...but...

Somewhere here in the US there is a Mother, Father, Son or Daughter, Wife or Husband who is going to get a visit from someone in Uniform who is going to knock on their door and say something like "We are sorry to inform you....."

REALLY in the grand scheam of things...anything and everthing that is said and done on this site means very little. At best it is only entertainment.

Just let it go.

GB

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I explained it. I didn't say words can't hurt or offend, but for me to personally be offended, they have to be directed at me or mine personally. If someone called my wife a whore, and did it within my earshot, first I'd assume they were looking for a fight anyway, and second I have a moral obligation to defend my wife's honor.

I don't use the "N" word publicly for many reasons, though I'd be lying if I said it had never crossed my lips. But living in Alabama, I hear it often and it doesn't offend me to the point of calling someone down for merely using it. Now, I work with and have some black friends...if someone directed that word at one of them personally, then I would take offense. The mere hearing or reading of the word is not offensive to me.

War Damn Eagle!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Blaine
Do you honestly think Rick hasn't been aware of what Stick had been doing for some time, and that if 1OntarioJim hadn't brought it up it would have gone unnoticed?

Not directed at me but since I have posted basically the same things that 2MG I will answer.

I have no problem with what Mr Bin did. He did what he felt he needed to do for whatever reason, this is his house, he can choose to do whatever he wants and I am fine with that. If it upsets me, I will just go elsewhere.

I think someone that will go running to Mommy (in this case the moderator or Mr Bin, no offense meant to those parties) to tattle on someone is a coward. I try not to say anything on this site (or anywhere for that matter) that I wouldn't say to someone face to face. Not even saying something in ooen forum, but tattling behind the scenes is the true mark of a coward, nothing more, nothing less.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Redistribute my work ethic, not my Wealth!!!!!
IC B2

C
C
I read much more than I post, never got into an argument with Big Stick. He is a wealth of information and humor. Lately his posts have been more argumentive, but I'd still be happy to shoot the bull with him in person.

Because of him I'll never own a plastic stocked Savage 30-06 with a Tasco scope in Redfield mounts. He has good taste in gear and lets you know his opinions, I just wish he spent less time fishing and more time showing pics of rifles and hunting.

Rick has the right to ban whoever he chooses, I'm sure he misses him as well, but tough decisions have to be made to protect his business.

In time someone will step up and questions will be directed to them about rifle choices, as long as they suggest Mickey stocks, 7mm/08, 25/284, 223AI, Leopold we'll be fine. Something will be missing to those of us who have been here a while, but new folks will never know.
Dan

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Rick's call and from my side of the fence an good one.

Life's too short to hunt with an ugly gun.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Rick's place, Rick's rules. That simple.

This is a business. Advertiser bucks keep it going, not the members. Without them, this is a blank screen.

What draws these adds is the number of members and viewers on this site. Hanging onto those who don't play by the rules drives off members and visitors, resulting in less add bucks, and eventually, that blank screen.

Stick had tons of knowledge, but also tons of attitude. I found many of his post to be a little over the line, and a few WAY over it. Hate to see it end like this, but it's been coming.

I've been around here since the git-go, moving in with the crowd when shooters went south. I've seen alot of folks deserving to get the boot. Rick has always been slow to pull the trigger, even having put it to a vote after one guy crossed the line in spades. (Remember "Infideofone"?)

I'd bet dollars to donuts Stick was warned repeatedly, and, being Stick, ignored them. frown

I feel that I know Rick, though I've never met him other than through this board. Rick is a stand-up guy in my book, and has my full support.

Let this ugliness die.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
I have to think Stick is having trouble finishing lunch from laughing so hard at all the undies getting bundled here.

If he comes back - that's great. But, if he does not, good chance life will go on.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by RickyD
Things have a way of working themselves out, if folks let 'em.

I vote: let 'em.

=================================================================
There is such wisdom in those words! Gentlemen work things out. I'm sure and hopeful THOSE TWO gentlemen will resolve their differences in appropiate fashion and time. Emphasis being on THOSE TWO!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

IC B3

AFP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What Stick thinks isn't the issue. The issue is the personality of the Campfire. Will it be a place of civil discourse where knowledge can be shared, or will it be a place of hostility where every disagreement ends in insulting and name calling?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Am I the only one seeing the "Lord of the Flies" analogy?

Last edited by wuzzagrunt; 02/06/07.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Just got home from work.

I see that there's another episode of "The Banning of Big Stick" playing.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Just got home from work.

I see that there's another episode of "The Banning of Big Stick" playing.

Yep- it's a rerun though... series got cancelled. Hopefully the network will come up with something new...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What Stick thinks isn't the issue. The issue is the personality of the Campfire. Will it be a place of civil discourse where knowledge can be shared, or will it be a place of hostility where every disagreement ends in insulting and name calling?

I agree.

All guns should be locked up when not in use!
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by Savage_99

I agree.

Exactly.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Larry loved baiting people. Larry either wanted to get his nick suspended, or was baited into doing it. I kind of hope it was the latter, as the irony would be wonderful. I bet Larry would laugh at it too.

But any way you cut it, Larry isn't here because Larry doesn't want to be here. He could have backed off on pushing peoples buttons, or he could re-register a new nick and be back here in a heartbeat. Even blocking IP's won't work, as there are plenty of free email accounts and proxy servers out there.

I did send Rick a PM, asking Rick to talk to Larry about his race-baiting. I never mentioneded a ban. I also mentioned that I believed that Larry was under the impression that he was just "messing around". I let Larry know the race-baiting wasn't appreciated publicly a full day before I sent my message to Rick. By that time Larry had gone full tilt.

My wife is a "chink". My son is "half-chink". A lot of my good friends and co-workers are "chinks". Saying "chinks aint people" and continuing to mock all Asians doesn't fly with me. It's not about Political Correctness, it's about decency. For the same reason, I won't call a man's wife a whore, even if she was a lead earner at the Bunny Ranch.

My take on it is that Larry wanted to play the lead role in his version of Vanishing Point. Who here was really surprised that the remake used the same ending as the original?

Regards,
Scott

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Rick, one more time...WELL DONE!

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Will it be a place of civil discourse where knowledge can be shared, or will it be a place of hostility where every disagreement ends in insulting and name calling?

I think I'd prefer a happy medium. The term "civil discourse" makes it sound like a backgammon club for old blue haired ladies.

On the other hand,... an occasional good old squabble is a valuable purge for the soul,.... providing it doesn't involve duct tapin' ya kids heads all up.

D
DMB Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I would LOVE to see this subject come to an end...

" The Moving Hand Writes
And having writ, moves on"

Rudyard Kipling

Don Buckbee

JPFO
NRA Benefactor Member
NSSA Life Member

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

477 members (10gaugemag, 22kHornet, 160user, 19rabbit52, 06hunter59, 1badf350, 47 invisible), 16,356 guests, and 1,231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,904
Posts18,538,804
Members74,050
Most Online20,796
04:44 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.