Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ol_mike
I read good things about Huber triggers .

6 years ago I made a video about Mosin Triggers and mods.
I said the Huber does no good. Makes no improvement and costs lots of money.
24,000 views later, Huber is still selling that trigger.
I don't know about the Huber trigger for Rem, but for Mosin, "Timney good, Huber bad"

That Timney was so good, I started buying them for Rem700s, Sav 110s, and Winchester 70s.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
GB1

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Are the adjustments on the TriggerTech Special audible and reliable? If so, I think this is the route I'll go.

24HCF in its entirety, is solely responsible for why my children do not have college funds, my mortgage isn't paid-off and why I will never retire early enough to enjoy the remainder of my life.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by StudDuck
Are the adjustments on the TriggerTech Special audible and reliable? If so, I think this is the route I'll go.

Yes, audible clicks, like a scope turret. Adjustable externally without removing the barreled action.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Next one will be a TT for me. I like the jewel and the shilen but above 2 lbs I think I am loosing some of the advantages of the jewel. The trigger Tech is good for dusty and gritty conditions as the ball will ride over some crud in the trigger. Not sure if it is true but heard of a match during a dust storm in New Mexico and the Jewel and others were pouring lighter fluid on their triggers and the TT guys just kept shooting.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
For those running the TriggerTech, are you using the "special " or the "primary" ? Thanks.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Depends on your intended pull weight. The both function crisply.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

While explaining how to make pillars that have clearance for triggers, I also made this drawing on how to adjust this Mosin Timney trigger.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just installed my first standard trigger tech on a 700. I am a big timney fan and have a number of them but the feel of the trigger tech is awesome and it adjusts really easy and accurately.

If you find yourself in a hole....quit digging
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith

Yes, audible clicks, like a scope turret. Adjustable externally without removing the barreled action.

I'll be ordering a Special.

Thanks.

24HCF in its entirety, is solely responsible for why my children do not have college funds, my mortgage isn't paid-off and why I will never retire early enough to enjoy the remainder of my life.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Forgive my ignorance (flame-suit donned). I see the Diamond TT doesn't have a bolt release and the others can be ordered without one as well. How does one release the bolt on these models?

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I had a Canjar (non set) with wide trigger in my .338 WM M/70, it was a great trigger it's a shame they're no longer made. I have a standard model Timney in my Springfield 1922 M2 custom sporter, it is a vast improvement over the military trigger.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I own 2 standard timneys and have installed others for friends. I like them. I think 2.5-3.5lbs is a great hunting trigger. For a light rifle like a mountain, you can get away with a lighter trigger I believe. I wouldn't if I was shooting with gloves though.The heavier the pull, the more its gonna work against those light rifles. I have my 700 mountain set at 3lbs. I have also had to grind metal off the trigger guard due to the triggers width and it rubbing and have done so on the stock for the safety to move freely. On my nickle version, the safety is looser than I think it should be but I doubt it would ever get bumped to fire.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Forgive my ignorance (flame-suit donned). I see the Diamond TT doesn't have a bolt release and the others can be ordered without one as well. How does one release the bolt on these models?

The Diamond is currently only produced for Rem 700 clones that have an action-mounted side release. The Diamond for factory Rem 700 rifles with trigger-mounted bolt release will be released shortly, according to the TT website.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith

The Diamond is currently only produced for Rem 700 clones that have an action-mounted side release. The Diamond for factory Rem 700 rifles with trigger-mounted bolt release will be released shortly, according to the TT website.

I knew I was missing something.....story of my life.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
First I've heard of TriggerTech. They look pretty interesting. Might have to give them a try on the next project once I decide on action type. Recently got my first Jewell for a recent custom build. Set at 2.5lb, I'm amazed at how crisp it is. Definitely some nice choices in triggers out there.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I have used and liked Timneys for decades. Just got two of them for M700s, set both at 2.5 pounds. Done.

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NAHC Life Member
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (1badf350, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 10gaugeman, 50 invisible), 2,602 guests, and 1,346 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,291
Posts18,525,732
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.