Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
My mens group at church conducts a night out for our special ladies. This year we are having steaks catered by Texas Road House and live music. It is not just for the wives or girlfriends. We also bring the widows and the singles. It is a hard day for the widows and the divorced and we try to show them that they are still valued by us. It is one of the best things we do each year IMHO.

"An open message for all Democrats; "Look you are nothing and your work is worthless. Anyone who chooses you is detestable."
Isaiah 41:24 (HCSB)

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Very nice Seven_Heaven, good folks do good things.

Me, I got my wife a 1 hour massage at a local day spa plus a manicure & pedicure, she is worth it and would not buy it for herself.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Seven_Heaven
It is a hard day for the widows and the divorced and we try to show them that they are still valued by us. It is one of the best things we do each year IMHO.

Wow. What a great idea!! If you're alone, and especially if you're female, I'd guess that Valentine's Day is one of the hardest holidays to get through. Kudos to you guys!!! laugh

Penny

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1
D
DMB Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Barak's Womn
Originally Posted by Seven_Heaven
It is a hard day for the widows and the divorced and we try to show them that they are still valued by us. It is one of the best things we do each year IMHO.

Wow. What a great idea!! If you're alone, and especially if you're female, I'd guess that Valentine's Day is one of the hardest holidays to get through. Kudos to you guys!!! laugh

Penny

+1

Don

Don Buckbee

JPFO
NRA Benefactor Member
NSSA Life Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I always have flowers delivered to my wife, at work. Makes her happy. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
IC B2

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I usually don't buy flowers for my wife on February 14th, and she is fine with that. Last year, I bought her both flowers and sweets because I don't have to NOT buy her flowers and sweets because it is the 14th. grin

I like to surprise her and my daughters with a few flowers at different times of the year, just . . . because.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My EvilTwin and I celebrate Valentine's Day by lining up 7 choice scumbags against a agarge wall and cutting loose with our Tommyguns eek

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
My wife has one of those new-fangled expensive vacuum cleaners she bought. I was thinking of having it monogrammed with her initials. Is that romantic and cool or what? To save you all some time---Yes, I'm being a smartazz

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just to impress your partner you might let them know that the origins of this day/month goes back to 3rd century of the Roman era and that all three persons probable priests(saints)responsible for Valentines day were martyred by the Romans. how some fella called Valentia or (Valentine)Valencia found true love with an imprisoned Catholic girl or if he continued marrying couples against the will of the Roman emperor is still debated today. But we know that it is a romantic month not only a day. Happy Valentines is an odd saying since the fella responsible couldn't be very happy tortured to death by the Romans. Chocolats and flowers,torture on the rack. You can see the connection,right?

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
When making our wedding plans my future wife's friend asked me what color rice paper I wanted on the tables? After a long blank stare from me she asked what kind of a wedding I wanted.
Well I've got reservations in Jackson Hole for the Cutter Races.the Cutter races were Feb 13th-15th. So 20 years ago on Feb 14th I got Married.
You better believe I do something on Valentine Day.

If you cann't stand my spelling use the ingore feature.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I had better do something this year, the wife heads to Fort Bliss the next day for 8 months. Be real bad if she left in a foul mood. grin Les

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
If you're gonna be tortured you're gonna need some chocolate. I don't see how the flowers would help much. smile
t

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Elf Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Les,
You get to take care of the kids for 8 months? She might grin not need any more cheering up then grin

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yep, they should be thoroughly warped to my way of thinkiing by the time she gets back. grin I may be a basket case by the time it is all said and done, so if my posts start getting a bit flaky(NO COMMENTS) you know why. Les

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

Elf Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
if my posts start getting a bit flaky(NO COMMENTS) you know why

grin whistle grin I won't say a word...

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Elf
Originally Posted by accraholic
Make it BJ Day instead of Valentine's Day and you'd be on to something...

You sir seem to be in all sorts of different places on the board tonight and none of your posts merit the time wasted to read them. I find you obnoxious and crude and maybe you'll find your way out the door the same way Stick did. Tell you what maybe you two could exchange cards, you both seem to have the same taste.

Geez, what the heck is going on lately? Must be something in the water. Everybody seems to be a bit short of civility here, and on nearly every thread. Is it tax time? Cabin fever? Spousal abuse? Bird flu?

How about everybody taking a nice, deep breath and start over, all over..

Take it for what it's worth.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I made my GF/wife 2 b a card.and the jumbo bottle of Poeme.

When it comes to choosing friends....I'm at an age where I'd rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (17Hunter, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1234, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 53 invisible), 18,177 guests, and 1,289 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,961
Posts18,539,643
Members74,052
Most Online20,796
04:44 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.