Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Kimber Roulette continues...

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
HR IC

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I seriously looked at a Kimber Hunter in 6.5 CM before I bought my RAR Predator in 6.5 CM last week. Looks like I made the right decision.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 11/11/17.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
No way I would buy a Kimber Hunter anyway. The big reason to buy one is the good stock on the Montana. Take that away and you might as well buy a Tikka. I mean if you want a plastic trigger guard, and don't they weigh and cost about the same?

K
Ky221 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K
Ah. Chit happens. We will get it resolved. I’m not happy exactly but whatdaya do!

Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Curious to find out what happened here.
I played kimber roulette and now having similar issues with brand new Hunter in 6.5. Went to start a load and wanted to measure where the lands are. But I could not get any cases To go in.
Tried few Different cassings/reloads.
Once fired Nosler brass my buddy gave me from his Christensen, 2 or 3 times reload I have for my tikka and brand new factory 140gr S&B PSP.
I could not get the re loads/ resized brass in, I got the new S&B to chamber but it also left a mark on the casing similar To others.
It’s also scratching the [bleep] out of the brass

https://imgur.com/a/JgBGzY6

Last edited by Dre; 09/01/21.

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Paul - if he divorces Kimber we're expecting you to serve as counsel 😂😇

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
4 Portugal-made M70s and not a single issue...

I don't understand the Kimber thing... why do people buy them if the problems are really so widespread with QC? They aren't exactly cheap for most people and to assume it's going to need fixing while brand new is just mind boggling.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Too bad a firm like Kimber can’t get it right. A lot of negatives in their brief history. I have never had a problem with chambering, overall functioning, accuracy and all around satisfaction with a Howa or Howa-Vanguard. IMO best damn barreled action money can buy. Take a gunstock bed the barreled action and shoot bug holes. Hope you get some customer satisfaction.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dre
Curious to find out what happened here.
I played kimber roulette and now having similar issues with brand new Hunter in 6.5. Went to start a load and wanted to measure where the lands are. But I could not get any cases To go in.
Tried few Different cassings/reloads.
Once fired Nosler brass my buddy gave me from his Christensen, 2 or 3 times reload I have for my tikka and brand new factory 140gr S&B PSP.
I could not get the re loads/ resized brass in, I got the new S&B to chamber but it also left a mark on the casing similar To others.
It’s also scratching the [bleep] out of the brass

https://imgur.com/a/JgBGzY6

Sounds like you have a minimum-spec chamber, and your feed rails and feed ramp maybe could use a bit of emery cloth to break the sharp edges.

Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks Jordan. First real response.

Called kimber and they kept going around how they have very tight tolerances and do not recommend any reloads. Only new premium American made factory rounds.
Also the scratches on the brass is nothing to be concerned as it’s not hindering the functioning of the bolt. “Brass is softer than steel, so it can scratch the brass”
Basically the rifle is fine.
Finally after what seemed like 20 minutes he caved in and asked for the serial number, but my ass left the # at home.

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Nope they fix it for you, I have a few kimbers and they have been great. I only tried their customer service once and they were pretty good to me.

K
Ky221 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K
This thread is quite a few years old now.

Wtf is it doing on page 1?

Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ky221

Yeah well I’m having similar results as you.
What happened with your rifle?

K
Ky221 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Dre

Yeah well I’m having similar results as you.
What happened with your rifle?

Well it's been a few years now, but if I remember right, there was too much metal on the bolt face or something of that nature and the cartridge wasn't able to fully slide up under the extractor. Why on earth that stopped it from chambering I don't really remember. Like I said it's been awhile.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

Probably because you didn't tell anyone wtf happened with your Kimber. How they treated you and if the issue was resolved. WTF good is a thread when you don't explain the specifics?

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
K
Ky221 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Probably because you didn't tell anyone wtf happened with your Kimber. How they treated you and if the issue was resolved. WTF good is a thread when you don't explain the specifics?

Dude......The thread is from 2017.

Maybe I was busy with work when it got resolved, maybe I had not logged in for bit and in that time just maybe the thread got buried several pages back; I really don't remember. Ever forget about something? I did with this thread.

What I do remember is trading it off for a .22 Hornet because it shot like crap.

Now don't you have some pics of groups to post or some AR competition to talk about ?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dre
Thanks Jordan. First real response.

Called kimber and they kept going around how they have very tight tolerances and do not recommend any reloads. Only new premium American made factory rounds.
Also the scratches on the brass is nothing to be concerned as it’s not hindering the functioning of the bolt. “Brass is softer than steel, so it can scratch the brass”
Basically the rifle is fine.
Finally after what seemed like 20 minutes he caved in and asked for the serial number, but my ass left the # at home.

You might need to run virgin brass in this rifle, but it should chamber handloads just fine if it chambers factory ammo. The emery cloth on the underside of feed rails and top of the ramp will take you about 5-10 minutes. Easy fix.

Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Does the link not work with pics ?

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Nutnfancy kimber review

https://youtu.be/95PTaORaDK0

Last edited by Boxerdog; 09/01/21.

Memento mori ( remember you must die) enjoy every day for tomorrow you may not wake

You can always borrow and pay the money back but you can never get the time back

Everyone hunter should own a fine rifle, life is short.
Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Dude......The thread is from 2017.

Maybe I was busy with work when it got resolved, maybe I had not logged in for bit and in that time just maybe the thread got buried
several pages back; I really don't remember. Ever forget about something? I did with this thread.

What I do remember is trading it off for a .22 Hornet because it shot like crap.

Now don't you have some pics of groups to post or some AR competition to talk about ?

It’s all coming back after 4 years, too busy but you saw this first day it’s up, and also know what bsa post!
Too Funny.
Thanks for letting me know what the issue was. Hope I have better luck than you.
I’ll try to remember and keep up what happens with this bad boy.

Last edited by Dre; 09/01/21.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

70 members (907brass, AKislander, 300_savage, Anaconda, 8 invisible), 1,549 guests, and 866 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,577
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.