G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Gus
i think i am too. i'm thinking of cranking the sthil 391, ranch saw, and sawing said tree down to make sure there's nothing hiding in the top branches.

oh, not to wear the subject out, but if jesus is god's son, which he might well be, not denying it....but, who was jesus's mother? male & female equals an off spring, at least sometimes.

don't shut down the questions. that's what keeps the dna functioning.

the question about a chaldean archer, enslaved to the romans who occupy israel/palestine/judah keeps coming up. why can't we put that archer to rest?

Gus, I suspect you're only trying to stir up trouble, and not actually interested in learning what Christianity and Bible teach about Jesus.

not long for a personal attack to occur? and that's fine. my skin is probably about as thick as yours, or maybe more so?

i'm not interested in old stories that might not be very accurate, but self-serving?

vicarious salvation by a god. not a bad idea, but does it work?

what about ancient hebrews & the end of the line?

if i have to bring my pig to the debate i will.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Personal attack? I merely shared with you my suspicions, and suspicion is an understatement. More like certainty.

G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
the whole place is under attack, especially us humans. the place is corrosive, maybe by design.

no one gets out alive, but many believe & think that we will. and maybe so.

what we're speaking of is human consciousness. the rest is ..........?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Gus
No one gets out alive

And I am okay with that. I never understood the NEED to believe in resurection.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Gus
Originally Posted by gregintenn
I'm still trying to figure out Melchizedek. confused

He was the original priest appointed by God. The Hebrew priesthood started by Moses was a different line of priesthood. Jesus is a priest according to the order of Melchizedek.

there it is again: the order of melchizedek.

Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
That said, to me whether he was or wasn't doesn't detract one iota from the value of the teachings of the man Jesus of Nazareth.

There have been many "great teachers" over the millennia. What makes Jesus different and standout is His resurrection from the dead.

he wasn't really dead, was he? i mean a lowly human, even a jew or roman surrogate can't kill a true god, can they? if so, how? seriously, the story needs to be addressed in current terms & understandings.
It's the body that dies. We all have a soul that will live on, either in heaven or hell. There are no other choices. It can't be avoided. Jesus also died physically, and brutally. His spirit lived on and he's God almighty. His body came back to life with his spirit in it.
It's almost impossible for our human minds to comprehend how God can be 3 in one but he is exactly that.

If Mary wasn't a virgin when Jesus was born, then the Bible lied. If the Bible lied, then all of Christianity is a lie as it relies on the infallibility of the Bible.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
It may well be that, many are called, but few are chosen. As for me, and my family, I pray we are chosen.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by Gus
Originally Posted by gregintenn
I'm still trying to figure out Melchizedek. confused

He was the original priest appointed by God. The Hebrew priesthood started by Moses was a different line of priesthood. Jesus is a priest according to the order of Melchizedek.

there it is again: the order of melchizedek.

Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
That said, to me whether he was or wasn't doesn't detract one iota from the value of the teachings of the man Jesus of Nazareth.

There have been many "great teachers" over the millennia. What makes Jesus different and standout is His resurrection from the dead.

he wasn't really dead, was he? i mean a lowly human, even a jew or roman surrogate can't kill a true god, can they? if so, how? seriously, the story needs to be addressed in current terms & understandings.
It's the body that dies. We all have a soul that will live on, either in heaven or hell. There are no other choices. It can't be avoided. Jesus also died physically, and brutally. His spirit lived on and he's God almighty. His body came back to life with his spirit in it.
It's almost impossible for our human minds to comprehend how God can be 3 in one but he is exactly that.

If Mary wasn't a virgin when Jesus was born, then the Bible lied. If the Bible lied, then all of Christianity is a lie as it relies on the infallibility of the Bible.

Yes, Jesus is the Word made flesh. Jesus could not be from a natural birth ,for then he would have had the sin nature and his death on the cross would have been for his own sin. As the sinless lamb of God Jesus could die as the sacrifice for the whole world. Jesus himself would be innocent from any sin,so his death could pay the price for sin for anyone who would accept it.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by wabigoon
It may well be that, many are called, but few are chosen. As for me, and my family, I pray we are chosen.

Whose side are you on? If you're on the side of Jesus, and that's true in your heart, then you are among the chosen. Perfection through your own efforts isn't a requirement. He satisfies for all that. On judgment day, if in life you put your faith in him, when the list of your sins is being read, he interrupts the proceedings, takes your list out of the reader's hands and puts it in his pocket. Then he hands over the list of his own sins in its place ... a blank sheet of paper.

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by wabigoon

Whose side are you on? If you're on the side of Jesus, and that's true in your heart, then you are among the chosen. Perfection through your own efforts isn't a requirement. He satisfies for all that. On judgment day, if you put your faith in him, when the list of your sins is being read, he interrupts the proceedings, takes your list out of the reader's hands and puts it in his pocket. Then he hands over his own list of sins in its place ... an empty sheet of paper.

Actually,a Christian doesn't have to wait until judgement day. All their sins were cleared on the day of their salvation,having been taken care of by Jesus at his sacrifice.
Colossians 2:14New King James Version (NKJV)

14 having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.

G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
and i agree. i also hope you and yours are chosen. and me and my kind as well. but, if not then so be it.

according to the stories we've been told, it's better to be chosen than not.

some were saved before they arrived, others here.

the final third, they'll have to be re-sent?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
"Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven." - Matthew 10:32

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
So, if God and Mary had a son and he was the son of man and it was all good, then why was it a problem when the sons of God had chlldren with human women???? whistle

Last edited by K22; 11/12/17.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rock chuck said that “ Christianity rests on the infallibility of the Bible”.

That’s simply not so.

Christianity rests on an individual human establishing and maintaining a relationship with Jesus, the Creator of all that is.If a man limits that relationship to what he can read in one of the various translations of the Bible,I reckon that’s his business. It’s a pretty small view filled with contradictions.

The vicarious death for our sins is the most horrendous example of “short selling” in history.

If a man wants to define the meaning of Jesus life by that one segment, he is not just looking thru a dark glass, he is refusing to let his Creator open his spiritual eyes to a much larger picture.

At minimum, Jesus, in His Personhood, provided a way for ALL of creation to be reconciled with the Creator.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by K22
So, if God and Mary had a son and he was the son of man and it was all good, then why was it a problem when the sons of God and children with human women???? whistle

The sons of God were those who believed God in those days, as today. Another way to say it is children of God. God the Father is your father when you believe him, through Christ. In the days of Genesis, there were sons of God, too, i.e., people who believed God. What makes Jesus different in this respect is that he's God's only begotten son. The daughters of men were those who were not God's children, i.e., those who didn't care about Godliness.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Being chosen is kind of a trick question. We all have the choice of salvation or not. All of us. We do the choosing. The trick is that God knows our choice in advance. He knows everything, past, present, and future. He knows before you're conceived what your choice will be and he guides you accordingly. The choice is still yours, though. It's not predestined and you can change your mind at any time but God still knows what your final choice will be.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by K22
So, if God and Mary had a son and he was the son of man and it was all good, then why was it a problem when the sons of God and children with human women???? whistle

The sons of God were those who believed God in those days, as today. Another way to say it is children of God. God the Father is your father when you believe him, through Christ. In the days of Genesis, there were sons of God, too, i.e., people who believed God. What makes Jesus different in this respect is that he's God's only begotten son.

That’s making awfully short work of comments that have baffled researchers for years.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Originally Posted by K22

The sons of God were those who believed God in those days, as today. Another way to say it is children of God. God the Father is your father when you believe him, through Christ. In the days of Genesis, there were sons of God, too, i.e., people who believed God. What makes Jesus different in this respect is that he's God's only begotten son.

That’s making awfully short work of comments that have baffled researchers for years.

Those researchers needed only to read their Bible.

Keep in mind that Jesus said the angels don't marry, which knocks out the "researcher's" theories about that.

KMS Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've heard this subject come up several times. The Gospel of John answers that question definitively.

In the beginning was the Word (Jesus), and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through him, and without him was not anything made that was made. John 1:1-3 ESV

Kelly
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

289 members (280shooter, 29aholic, 204guy, 2ndwind, 30Gibbs, 300_savage, 40 invisible), 2,456 guests, and 1,222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,366
Posts18,488,228
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.