Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Gus,a while back a fellow that had some common sense said something like this:Religion is like lifts in your shoes,what works for me might not work for you.
Find your own lift and go with it.

It will be right for you.
I know that when i die and i will ,i will no longer feel pain.

That is what works for me.
Not that i am in any hurry to get there.
Have a good night. whistle

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K

This is good stuff. Answers most of your questions.

kd

https://www.churchmilitant.com/news...es-confirm-real-presence-of-jesus-christ

G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by kududude

This is good stuff. Answers most of your questions.

kd

https://www.churchmilitant.com/news...es-confirm-real-presence-of-jesus-christ

thank you for going to the trouble and effort of sharing. i do love to hear of reports related to confirmed 'miracles" from time to time.

have heard of a true resurrection of the dead occurring in a church basement out in california. probably on the internet given a proper search.

it was several years ago, but what has time got to do with anything?

i wish we could hear of a current day miracle every sunday from church.

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by K22
So, if God and Mary had a son and he was the son of man and it was all good, then why was it a problem when the sons of God and children with human women???? whistle

The sons of God were those who believed God in those days, as today. Another way to say it is children of God. God the Father is your father when you believe him, through Christ. In the days of Genesis, there were sons of God, too, i.e., people who believed God. What makes Jesus different in this respect is that he's God's only begotten son. The daughters of men were those who were not God's children, i.e., those who didn't care about Godliness.

confused

The sons of God were only people who believed God? They weren't Angels ie the Watchers? And the daughters of men were not God's children? I certainly wouldn't think that if they were not God's children that God would even give a damn what they did, but, it appears God was quite upset over the whole charade. And especially with the offspring, which brings it back to the question: what was the problem with sons of God doing what God did with Mary?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by K22
what was the problem with sons of God doing what God did with Mary?
What do you mean? I assume Joseph and Mary had normal marital relations after the birth of Jesus.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by K22
What do you mean? I assume Joseph and Mary had normal marital relations after the birth of Jesus.

I believe Roman Catholic Tradition claims that Mary remained chaste all her life and that what we suppose were the half brothers and sisters of Jesus were actually Joseph’s children from a former marriage. At least that’s what I’ve read.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by wabigoon
It may well be that, many are called, but few are chosen. As for me, and my family, I pray we are chosen.

Whose side are you on? If you're on the side of Jesus, and that's true in your heart, then you are among the chosen. Perfection through your own efforts isn't a requirement. He satisfies for all that. On judgment day, if you put your faith in him, when the list of your sins is being read, he interrupts the proceedings, takes your list out of the reader's hands and puts it in his pocket. Then he hands over his own list of sins in its place ... an empty sheet of paper.

Actually,a Christian doesn't have to wait until judgement day. All their sins were cleared on the day of their salvation,having been taken care of by Jesus at his sacrifice.
Colossians 2:14New King James Version (NKJV)

14 having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.

Yet there is this: We aspire to please Him means this scripture is referring to Christians (believers), and does not refer to all men. The names of Christians are written in the Book of Life. They alone appear before the judgement throne of Christ.
2 Corinthians 5
9So we aspire to please Him, whether we are here in this body or away from it.10For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive his due for the things done in the body, whether good or bad. 11Therefore, since we know what it means to fear the Lord, we try to persuade men. What we are is clear to God, and I hope it is clear to your conscience as well.…

Last edited by jaguartx; 11/12/17.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Originally Posted by K22

I believe Roman Catholic Tradition claims that Mary remained chaste all her life and that what we suppose were the half brothers and sisters of Jesus were actually Joseph’s children from a former marriage. At least that’s what I’ve read.

Stop thinking like men.
Mary and Joseph were chaste their entire earthly life.
Mary exceptionally so was born without original sin because God wanted a pure vessel
for Jesus.
Through Mary, Jesus became "Son of Man" therefore entitling humankind to be called
"Children if God".
Through the Church and the Sacraments we can be "holy" because the Holy Spirit then
dwells within us.

It was Jerry "Mad Dog" Shriver (SFC E-7)who said:
"No, no, I've got them right where I want them -- surrounded from the inside."

http://www.macvsog.cc/1969.htm
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don’t look now, but your bullschidt detector is all out of whack.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Don’t look now, but your bullschidt detector is all out of whack.

Something I texted doesn't sit right with you?
Don't be afraid...spit it out...I'll try to be patient with you.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Also consider that in the early texts the words interpreted into "brother" etc. could also be translated as "kindred." Please don't make me search for a source on that, but I bet I could find one.

Oh, that wasn't too hard. First hit:
KINDRED

kin'-dred:

Several words are rendered "kindred" in the King James Version. 'ach, "brother," was used loosely among Hebrews for a member of the same tribe or family, a relative; and is once translated "kindred" (1 Chronicles 12:29 the King James Version). Once also somewhat loosely as the translation of modha`ath, literally, "acquaintance" (Ruth 3:2; compare same root in 2:1, rendered "kinsman");
https://www.biblestudytools.com/dictionary/kindred/

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Have not read the whole thread...but when 24HCF get started on
some religious topic I am amazed at some of the things you believe or were
taught. Just amazed!

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by K22
The Bible says that Joseph kept Mary a virgin UNTIL the child was born. That word 'until' is big. It puts a definite end to her virginity. Later there are numerous references to Jesus' brothers. The references are to his family brothers, not fellow believers.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
I guess that took some wind out of some sails, or should i say sales.

I Dindo Nuffin
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Guys we get so distracted by the non-significant details that we lose sight of the eternal. God came down to earth, and taught us, and healed us, and loved us. He died (a terrible, painful, excruciating death) to pay the price for our wickedness. He alone could do that, because He alone was holy. What an incredible, beautiful, and amazing story. It's true, it really happened and it is the most significant thing that has ever occurred in the history of this world.

To God be the glory,

bludog

"Blessed is the man whose wife is his best friend - especially if she likes to HUNT!"

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these."
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bludog
Guys we get so distracted by the non-significant details that we lose sight of the eternal. God came down to earth, and taught us, and healed us, and loved us. He died (a terrible, painful, excruciating death) to pay the price for our wickedness. He alone could do that, because He alone was holy. What an incredible, beautiful, and amazing story. It's true, it really happened and it is the most significant thing that has ever occurred in the history of this world.

To God be the glory,

bludog
He died and then rose from the dead. Without that, his death doesn't count because we can all die. We can't rise again

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Amen, brother. That's what sets Christianity apart from any other religion. He died, He arose, He sits at the right hand of God now, He lives and He will come again.

"Blessed is the man whose wife is his best friend - especially if she likes to HUNT!"

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these."
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
By Jack Zavada

The Judgment Seat of Christ is not judgment over a person's salvation. The Bible is clear that our salvation is by grace through faith in the sacrificial death of Christ on the cross, not through our works:

Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. (John 3:18, NIV)

Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, (Romans 8:1, NIV)

For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more. (Hebrews 8:12, NIV)

At the Judgment Seat of Christ, only Christians will appear before Jesus, to be rewarded for their works done in his name while they were on earth. Any references to loss at this judgment concerns loss of rewards, not salvation. Salvation has already been settled through Jesus'redeeming work.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Doctrine - The Judgment of the Lost

Following the release of Satan after the thousand year reign of Christ (Revelation 20:7), Satan will deceive the
nations of the earth and gather them to battle against the saints and the beloved city, at which time Satan and his
army will be devoured by fire from heaven (Revelation 20:9). Following this, Satan will be thrown into the lake
of fire and brimstone (Matthew 25:41; Revelation 20:10) whereupon Christ, who is the judge of all men (John
5:22), will resurrect and judge the great and small at the Great White Throne judgment.
This resurrection of the unsaved dead to judgment will be a physical resurrection, whereupon receiving their
judgment (John 5:28-29), they will be committed to an eternal conscious punishment in the lake of fire
(Matthew 25:41; Revelation 20:11-15).

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
The Great White Throne Judgement is for those whos name is not in The Book of Life.,

And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is [the book] of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire". Revelation 20:11-15 ESV

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

513 members (12344mag, 2500HD, 1Longbow, 204guy, 257Bob, 25classic, 59 invisible), 2,684 guests, and 1,277 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,296
Posts18,487,032
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.