Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
If history has proven anything it's that running the tables in the Big 10 doesn't mean much.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MadMooner

Rankings are pretty fuggin stupid.

Perhaps the wisest thing that has ever been posted on the 'fire.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Hell, ND might be the new #1 if they beat Miami.................what a travesty that would be.

MM

Not to worry.

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hatari
War Eagle, baby!

UGA fans will now STFU and go back to being the Prozac Nation. It's already started on the post game call in shows. "They broke my heart again". "I don't git the play callin' in the 2nd half" "Kirby is a good recruiter, but he can't win the big games" etc.

UGA fans are a group that without winning anything for 37 years have found a way to make just about every other fan base in the South despise them and take joy in their losses. It stems from their own jealousy and the fact that they under perform by their own standards. Since the advent of the BCS/Playoff Championship, Florida has multiple titles, LSU has 2, Tennessee has one, Auburn has one and nearly another, FSU has several, Clemson got theirs, and Bama has too many to count. All that eats them up.

If you try to talk college football with them, it goes quickly to " I HATE (your team's name) SUX! Go Dawgs, Woof, Woof, Woof!)

I've had this conversation innumerable times.

Dog Fan: "I HATE Auburn!"

Me: "When did that Start?"

DF "Always! I hate them! Go Dawgs!"

"I thought y'all hated Florida"
"I hate them more"

"What about UT?"
"Oh, phouc Tennessee!"

"I thought Clemson was the one you hated?"
"Oh, hell yes! I hate everything that wears Orange"

"Missou?"
"Piss on 'em!"

"But isn't Georgia Tech your real rival?"
"I can't STAND Tech bastards!"

So how can a fanbase hate everyone on their schedule except Vanderbilt? It's not natural.

Auburn fans hate Alabama, the natural in state rival and vice versa. But you know what? Except for the trailer park dwelling tree poisoning lunatic fringe, both side can tease each other in fun, except Iron Bowl Day.... wink

AU fans don't HATE LSU, or Florida, or Ole Miss, or South Carolina. Aggie fans have been too well mannered to hate. No, we have one main rival 52 weeks per year and UGA fans have chosen to hate the world. As a result, in a town the size of ATL, fans of every other school this week have seen people in Auburn gear and have said "I hope you guys KILL UGA! Tech fans, UF fans, UT, USC, MSU, LSU it's pretty universal.. Bama does't trigger that kind of response, and they have earned a target on their backs by dominating college football for a decade now.

Now the Dawg fans are moping around, clinging to the hope that a win over Bama or AU in the SEC Championship will put them back into the playoff. However, they now know that their schedule has been soft, Notre Dame is a sham and that was their signature win, and they will fall short once again. They had fears this whole season that their success was not over top teams, and that they'd be exposed, and it happened in a big way. The mental suffering continues. Many fans would be happy with 11-2 and a New Years Day Bowl. Not around here. They will start woofing about next year, they will be even more obnoxious about it, and the depression that starts with Georgia's first loss will be greater. UGA needs to expand their psychology department to serve their people.

That was mean.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
What would the final 4 look like if Auburn beats Alabama and then beats Georgia again?

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The ESPN talking heads have now got to the point where they are saying "Forget about all the technicalities (like won loss record) and just pick the four teams you think are the best. Isn't that what it's all about? . . . Getting the four best teams in the playoffs?"

"Eye test, recruiting stars, and past history" have to be thrown out of the mix. As Div I college football currently stands, you must have an eight team playoff between the champions of the Power Five Conferences, and the next three highest ranked mid major conference champions. Any team that is not in a conference is left out (are you listening Notre Dame?)

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
The ESPN talking heads have now got to the point where they are saying "Forget about all the technicalities (like won loss record) and just pick the four teams you think are the best. Isn't that what it's all about? . . . Getting the four best teams in the playoffs?"

"...just pick the four teams YOU THINK are the best ..." That's what it's always been about, whether you are a fan, an analyst, or the committee. It is only when things get a bit complicated because of some losses that those who have been championing their team(s) since day 1 decide to abandon won/loss and actually become proponents of this. The whole thing is just a huge, unnecessary joke that detracts from what a college football season should be and relegates it to the realm of a MIss America pageant.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I think they should go back to 10 or 11 games a season. Then take the top 16 teams and have a play off. It would take 4 games to reach no. 1. 16->8, then 8->4, then 4->2, then 2->1. It should be all conference champions plus a the few highest ranked teams. If you go to 32 games, it would take 5 games to reach no. 1. There may be a lot of teams out there that are better than the opinions of writers and even coaches. Troy who has a great record this year, beat LSU.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Dixie_Dude
I think they should go back to 10 or 11 games a season. Then take the top 16 teams and have a play off. It would take 4 games to reach no. 1. 16->8, then 8->4, then 4->2, then 2->1. It should be all conference champions plus a the few highest ranked teams. If you go to 32 games, it would take 5 games to reach no. 1. There may be a lot of teams out there that are better than the opinions of writers and even coaches. Troy who has a great record this year, beat LSU.

Yes, but they are not among the holy elite.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dixie_Dude
. . . Troy who has a great record this year, beat LSU.

Beating LSU this year was no great feat. wink

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Just pick seven major conferences, take the conference champion, and add in an 8th team from the few conferences left and independents.

Bam. Done. Win and you’re in.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Butch Jones is finally gone from Tennessee.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Steelhead

9-4 with bowl wins each of the two previous years, a bad year this year, and gone. Just further evidence of how badly the college game has been screwed up.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Time to go . He can’t beat top 10 programs and can’t beat Florida or Georgia. [bleep], you can’t lose to Missouri and Kentucky and keep your job. That’s just how it is.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by 5sdad

9-4 with bowl wins each of the two previous years, a bad year this year, and gone. Just further evidence of how badly the college game has been screwed up.

That doesn’t tell the whole story. If you look at his complete body of work at UT, he’s going the wrong direction. It just shows an overall lack of competence. You can’t have that .

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The curse of Phillip Fulmer. They tan him off after a couple of mediocre seasons and the program crashed. And who thought Lane Kiffan was a good choice? Derrick Dooley? Jones?

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Roll Tide! grin They are back at # 1 in the AP and Coaches Poll. Fugg ESPN and the so called playoff BS.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

Time to go . He can’t beat top 10 programs and can’t beat Florida or Georgia. [bleep], you can’t lose to Missouri and Kentucky and keep your job. That’s just how it is.

Sounds like Saban and his gig at Michigan State.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The curse of Phillip Fulmer. They tan him off after a couple of mediocre seasons and the program crashed. And who thought Lane Kiffan was a good choice? Derrick Dooley? Jones?

The problem at Tennessee is the fans. They believe they are a Top 5 football program. Pssssttttt........got news for you orange suckers, you are not, never have been, and never will be. UT is at best maybe a Top 25 program, and there is nothing wrong with that. Most colleges would love to be Top 25. Having said that, Jones was never a great fit for Tennessee, as he really didn't have great resume, nor the experience to be successful in the SEC. He was something like their forth choice as coach to begin with. For a coach to be successful there, the fans need to accept that there is nothing wrong a 9-4 season and a bowl win. They are not in the elite status like Alabama. When they learn that, things can get back to normal n Rocky Top.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
War Eagle, baby!

UGA fans will now STFU and go back to being the Prozac Nation. It's already started on the post game call in shows. "They broke my heart again". "I don't git the play callin' in the 2nd half" "Kirby is a good recruiter, but he can't win the big games" etc.

UGA fans are a group that without winning anything for 37 years have found a way to make just about every other fan base in the South despise them and take joy in their losses. It stems from their own jealousy and the fact that they under perform by their own standards. Since the advent of the BCS/Playoff Championship, Florida has multiple titles, LSU has 2, Tennessee has one, Auburn has one and nearly another, FSU has several, Clemson got theirs, and Bama has too many to count. All that eats them up.

If you try to talk college football with them, it goes quickly to " I HATE (your team's name) SUX! Go Dawgs, Woof, Woof, Woof!)

I've had this conversation innumerable times.

Dog Fan: "I HATE Auburn!"

Me: "When did that Start?"

DF "Always! I hate them! Go Dawgs!"

"I thought y'all hated Florida"
"I hate them more"

"What about UT?"
"Oh, phouc Tennessee!"

"I thought Clemson was the one you hated?"
"Oh, hell yes! I hate everything that wears Orange"

"Missou?"
"Piss on 'em!"

"But isn't Georgia Tech your real rival?"
"I can't STAND Tech bastards!"

So how can a fanbase hate everyone on their schedule except Vanderbilt? It's not natural.

Auburn fans hate Alabama, the natural in state rival and vice versa. But you know what? Except for the trailer park dwelling tree poisoning lunatic fringe, both side can tease each other in fun, except Iron Bowl Day.... wink

AU fans don't HATE LSU, or Florida, or Ole Miss, or South Carolina. Aggie fans have been too well mannered to hate. No, we have one main rival 52 weeks per year and UGA fans have chosen to hate the world. As a result, in a town the size of ATL, fans of every other school this week have seen people in Auburn gear and have said "I hope you guys KILL UGA! Tech fans, UF fans, UT, USC, MSU, LSU it's pretty universal.. Bama does't trigger that kind of response, and they have earned a target on their backs by dominating college football for a decade now.

Now the Dawg fans are moping around, clinging to the hope that a win over Bama or AU in the SEC Championship will put them back into the playoff. However, they now know that their schedule has been soft, Notre Dame is a sham and that was their signature win, and they will fall short once again. They had fears this whole season that their success was not over top teams, and that they'd be exposed, and it happened in a big way. The mental suffering continues. Many fans would be happy with 11-2 and a New Years Day Bowl. Not around here. They will start woofing about next year, they will be even more obnoxious about it, and the depression that starts with Georgia's first loss will be greater. UGA needs to expand their psychology department to serve their people.

Nasty loss for us for sure. Totally outplayed in every aspect it pains me to say. Most of us in the Bulldog Nation found ourselves in a state of disbelief that we were ranked that high in Kirby's second season, but we were cautiously enjoying the ride, albeit a brief ride. Most folks knew both our lines were extremely suspect and that was found to be true. Congrats to Auburn and best of luck with Bammer. You guys have a very strong and well balanced team. Hope to face you again in the conference championship.,

We are not there yet, but we are pointed in the right direction for the future. Hatari, from your comments you must be a Tech fan. If so I can see why you don't understand SEC rivalries. See you guys in Atlanta. Can't get here fast enough.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

82 members (7mm_Loco, 808outdoors, AKislander, 10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 44automag, 15 invisible), 1,411 guests, and 872 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,494
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.