Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Pretty much hunted all of the ones I really want to. I'd rather hunt them again than pick a new one. But if it had to be a new state, probably Utah maybe Idaho.

GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Kansas

With Northern NY at a very close second.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Saskatchewan....too bad it's residents only for their giant mule deer bucks. Probably why they grow the biggest, and most huge bucks.

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by scenarshooter
Saskatchewan....too bad it's residents only for their giant mule deer bucks. Probably why they grow the biggest, and most huge bucks.

They have some fine whitetails too.

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
S
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by scenarshooter

That ain't a state, silly

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

J
JSH Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Mule Deer-Wyoming.
Whitetails-Oklahoma.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Brucek29
Originally Posted by Blacktail308
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Which is the one state that you've never deer hunted but would like to before the reaper punches a tag on you?

New York for me

The Adirondacks rock Steelie, but the Southern Tier will produce more and maybe better bucks.

Old School deer camps still thrive in Northern NY. And I think the word "remote" was coined by a Northwoods hunter.....

Haven't hunted there in years but always enjoyed it.

Mike

The Southern tier does not produce bigger bucks in terms of weight. There are defiantly more deer, but they are typically smaller.

I'd have to disagree on that one. Huge bucks exist both north and south of the blue line. Agriculture plays a big part in the body weights of southern tier deer. My experience has been that the racks and weights are pretty darn close in both locations but finding those big bucks in the Adirondacks is a whole lot harder. And seems to be much more rewarding.

"May the LORD bless you and keep you, may His face shine upon you, may He be gracious and give you peace"
from Numbers 6:24-26

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by SKane
Maine.

+1!

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hunting I knew that is now gone is woodchucks on land like New York's dairy farms.

Due to the coyotes infesting that land the chucks are mostly gone. We were welcomed.

[Linked Image]

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Which is the one state that you've never deer hunted but would like to before the reaper punches a tag on you?

New York for me

That's a simple fix silly

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by tzone
South Dakota

We went pheasant hunting in Southern SD . It looks like it could hold some real nice trophy deer. We jumped a beautiful whitetail buck in some millet or milo. I can’t remember. The guide/owner said that was a typical sized one for the area. I’ve always wanted to go back. Mule deer there too.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I don’t know a particular state ,but I’d think Missouri, Illinois or another Midwest state. Where’s the golden triangle?

My buddy who just battled cancer (had to remove part of a lung) just got back from Missouri. He didn’t see a big enough buck to shoot he said, but he did shoot a doe for the landowner.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
I've never been to California and that's ok with me, but if I ever went it would be for a California Blacktail.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Alberta.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

L
Campfire Regular
Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
L
Oklahoma

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i'm not picky. i would just like to hunt some place that you could have a reasonable chance of seeing a nice buck and be able to get it out of the woods without crippling yourself. the state property i hunt in PA is getting harder and harder for me. mountainous as hell and all the roads are blocked off and you have to walk and drag a long way. i miss real farm land hunting.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Adirondacks with my Ruger Hawkeye RSI S.S. 30-06

Molan Labe
S
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by rem141r
i'm not picky. i would just like to hunt some place that you could have a reasonable chance of seeing a nice buck and be able to get it out of the woods without crippling yourself. the state property i hunt in PA is getting harder and harder for me. mountainous as hell and all the roads are blocked off and you have to walk and drag a long way. i miss real farm land hunting.

Are you required to bring out your deer whole in PA?

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
no. that thought has crossed my mind but then its multiple trips of multiple miles so i'm not sure if it helps. i shot a big doe way back in last year on the last day at 1PM and got it to the truck right at dark. stretched my achilles tendon in the process and ain't been right since. this year i will be just out walking and scouting since i had shoulder surgery in sept.

My diploma is a DD214
S
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by rem141r
no. that thought has crossed my mind but then its multiple trips of multiple miles so i'm not sure if it helps. i shot a big doe way back in last year on the last day at 1PM and got it to the truck right at dark. stretched my achilles tendon in the process and ain't been right since. this year i will be just out walking and scouting since i had shoulder surgery in sept.

Dragging will tear you up. Unless you're shooting moose sized doe, should be no problem to fit one in a pack. Bone that bitch out, leave everything beyond that you will not eat.

50 pounds on your back is much easier than any drag.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (1234, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 1936M71, 160user, 55 invisible), 2,524 guests, and 1,427 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,175
Posts18,484,632
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.