Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
He calls it white supremacy, I call it not having a Dad/father figure around.

[bleep] sure do come up with some elaborate wholesale excuses for simple retail transactions....

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Partsman
let them serve in the military, they can have all the outdoors they want.

If this clown ever served, he's probably be a washout in week two of Basic.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Orange is the new white.

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
"Where the white women at?"

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
I will say that Mexicans around here apparently didn't get that guy's memo (and I ain't talking actual Mexican-Mexicans out swimming and hiking). They hunt and fish about like the regular White folks where they live.

Plus I've been hauling whole bus loads of their teenagers outside for about thirty years.

It's why I submit college kids should not be able to vote 1) until they're 25, 2) unless a veteran or, 3) they are a small business owner because nine out of ten generally are....stupid, without an atom of knowing what they don't know.

IC B2

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Outdoors a new form of white supremacy? Humm .... isn't basketball frequently played outdoors?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
in Africa a considerable number of blacks "live" outdoors and did so for millennia , without .gov subsidies

.... like tears in the rain
J
JDK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Prwlr
Talk about looking hard to find something more to be butthurt about.

Seem to be running out of things to be offended by.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
But there aren’t just “racial barriers” that prevent non-white people from stepping outside, McCann said, but also financial barriers. Only people with “economic privilege” can participate in outdoors activities

My university offered free rental of camping gear at the co-rec. Free sounds cheap enough to me.

... and understand “obscure outdoor lingo.”

He's a college student. They're supposed to read. He needs to complete Whelen's, On Your Own In the Wilderness, then he'll be well on his way to understanding "obscure outdoor lingo." Heck, he'll even learn how to "bile the kittle."

Affirming that nature belongs to all humans, not just white ones... The “image” of the outdoor enthusiast should not “belong” to just white people

This will only change when he and those he identifies as non-whites venture in to the forest, regularly, en masse.

White people should “exert caution as to not dominate ownership” of the word “outdoorsy”.

How does he propose to get the population, writ large, to begin using a particular term only in ways that he finds acceptable? Do white people get to choose the words by which they're described?

Outdoor clubs on college campuses should work to increase accessibility and help people learn the skills they will need

See the book referenced above. Amazon does a great job of suggesting books similar to the ones being searched-for. The college library should have all one needs.

“Friendship can act as a portal to the wilderness for those who have historically been denied the privilege of comfort,” McCann concluded.

Tell me how sleeping on dirt, going without running water, pooping outside, etc., is "the privilege of comfort"?

As maddening as the whole thing is, it would be neat if someone took him up on it. Make their own op-ed, inviting him to go camping with them for a weekend. Would he accept? Or is he just looking to claim victim-of-the-week status?

Anyway, building a fire has an undeniable feeling of accomplishment. Campfire banter can be more effective than Sodium Pentothal. That kid better be careful - he might just get hooked. And he might have to rethink his position. Perish the thought.

FC

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (219 Wasp, 257man, 219DW, 10ring1, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 43 invisible), 1,858 guests, and 1,186 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,219
Posts18,524,559
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.