Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 340boy
Wow Okie. Outstanding shooting!

And that's with factory ammo Tim. Hand load set it up and tube it for C.O.A.L and even a blind man can't miss.

HR IC

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 7 STW
Originally Posted by 340boy
Wow Okie. Outstanding shooting!

And that's with factory ammo Tim. Hand load set it up and tube it for C.O.A.L and even a blind man can't miss.

I've been looking at the t i've been looking at the Tikka online catalog.I'm liking the idea of one.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Sixpack Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Got it today. Really digging it. Only tried 2 factory ammos this evening. My VX3i 2.5-8x36 is all over the place with tracking and didn't seem to hold zero. Swapped scopes and much better. Federal Fusions 165 shoot ok; 1.25-1.5" or so with 2 touching most of the time. Hornady Custom 165 BTSP was better. Would bughole 2 and have one out 3/4" or so (may need to see if something is binding or bed). With a little more trigger time and some adjustments I think it will be great. Trigger is ok but not great. Everything else about it I really like. Hunting this evening so we will see...

Last edited by Sixpack; 11/22/17.
Sixpack Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Fixed the trigger and swapped scopes again. Gonna use my tried VX2 that I know is good. Rifle weighs 7# 5oz with Leupold VX3i, warne steel base and Burris low zee rings. Loving it

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

anyone say.........

Do Not use factory rings ?

J U N K .........remember Tikka in Finnish means Woodpecker.......

hits the same hole over & over again..........
grin

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by jwall

My 15 th Season -- not 1 problem -- even dovetailed ring mount.

Jerry

My junk must be pretty good !

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
Not that anyone asked,

But a quick update on my T3x .308 that did not shoot well.

I sent it back to Beretta USA.

Recieved a letter from them dated December 12 that they had recieved the rifle and would inspect it in the order that it was recieved.

Received a letter today dated December 15 with serial number of the new T3x that they are sending me to the replace the other.

So, you can't beat that for customer service. Hopefully the new one will shoot as good as the others on here.

I'm not expecting the same service from CVA on my new Mountain Rifle that patterns at 100 yards.

Bob.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How many other rifles do you have that won't shoot?

Last edited by 16bore; 12/18/17.
F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
None,

If they don't shoot well, or I can't make them shoot well, they get sold or traded. Although 2 or even 3 inch groups at 100 yards wouldn't stop me from killing 95% of the deer I kill. I just don't enjoy shooting guns that group like that.

I would have never sent the Tikka back, or thought about sending it back for that matter, except I called Beretta to get the torque specs on the stock just to cover all my bases, and the CS rep told me to just send it back and let them test it, like there was nothing to it. And mine certainly didn't shoot like most of the reports I've read on them.

My CVA is a whole nuther story and my conversation with their CS rep was not as pleasant which was confusing to me since the statement they make in almost every ad/commercial is "The most accurate ML you've ever shot, or your money back". And after using the same loads that have shot well in 5 other muzzleloaders and and trying Triple 7 powder and Blackhorn 209, 4 different charge weights with each and 5 or 6 different bullet combinations, 3+ inch groups at 100 yards just won't cut it. My cheap half rusted out Traditions ML holds 3 inch groups at 200 yards, which is as far as I shoot with a ML.

I just like to have a reasonable idea where the first bullet will hit as long as I'm doing what I'm supposed to do. It just gives me more confidence and 1 less thing to worry about.

Bob.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
i don't blame you bud. if a rifle wont do better than 1" at 100 with 3 shots it goes down the road. i've got no room in my safe for inaccurate rifles and life is too short to question whether it will perform when the time comes.

Last edited by whitearrow; 12/18/17.

"Only accurate rifles are interesting"
Col. Townsend Whelen
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sportsmans has the stainless fluted T3x on sale through 24 Dec 2017 for $699

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by fishybobtrout
None,
I called Beretta to get the torque specs on the stock just to cover all my bases.

Bob.

What did they say about the torque specs?

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Wow! Thats a great report on Beretta CS, i had quite different experience with Beretta CS when I sent back a Sako 85 Finnlight in 30-06 account of the notorious high ejection issue, they sent it back to me with a note explaining that my rifle was tested by a technician and it was in spec, no repairs were needed......Lmao!.......Hb

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
Pharm,

They told me 25-30 inch lbs. on the T3x Lite stock.

Bob.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Sorry to hear on the CVA. My MR has only shot pellets and XTPs. I pulled it out for this season and it still had the old 4x28 Leupold I threw on it in a hurry a few years back. Couldn't get a spot at 100 so I went to the 185 bench. Threw in a 3rd pellet to see if I could even be on paper at that distance and this is without correcting anything for the new location in the mountains. It hit dead center about 4" low. Second was within an 1-1.5 inches away.
Once a 100 yard bench opened I dropped to 2 pellets and it was still dead center but 1.5" low which is probably due to being in the mountains from sighting in in NC. In any event thrilled to see 2 or 3 pellets had same wind age. I may try loose powder or just run 3 pellets for all distances. Extremely pleased with the CVA MR. Even though in my new spot there isn't a season I have decided it's a keeper.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
If you need to be a cool kid junk the factory rings.
If you change the screws in them, and use some sense tightening them,
the factory rings will work fine.

M

I don't need to be a cool kid and will schit can every set of Tikka rings I get. They're junk.

Camp is where you make it.
F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
I used the factory rings on my son's .270 and was just careful in tightening them, the screws do seem to be soft, or maybe because I read it on the fire I felt like they were soft. A little less than a hundred rounds down range with this combo but no problems. I mark the scope and keep check to make sure nothing moves but no problems.

I also used them on my .308 for 150 to 200 rounds with a Leupold Mark AR scope, no problems.

But I did buy a picatinny rail for it and have more confidence in that and I prefer Weaver style rings on all my scopes anyway.

And now I don't have worry, or have it in the back of my mind that there could be a problem with the factory rings.

If I didn't like to move scopes around so much, the Warne steel tikka rings would be a good option as well.

Bob.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I think this is a fair assessment of the Tikka rifles.

You could buy a T3 or CTR in caliber of choice. I'd lean 6.5 and 308.

Confirm its a shooter.

Sell all your other rifles.

Use the proceeds to buy 5000 rounds of high quality ammo and a second barrel.

Log off the internet for 5 years and just f'n shoot-hunt-shoot. Wear out both barrels.

Come back, report your findings, and see where the gun world is 5 years from now.

I bet you'd still be way ahead of the "game" and a pretty decent shot.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by colorado bob
Don't use factory rings. I've got an older Tikka 695 LH-----great gun.

Why not use the factory rings? I bought a t-3 the first year they came out(7mm08). that gun has been thru he$$ and back and the scope has never moved. its been dropped a dozen times,
Rode on a wheeler every year since new NO ISSUES. So why do people keep recommending different rings. To each his own, but you guys must throw them at the target instead of pulling the trigger.
My son and nephew each have t3's also (308 &30-06) Guess what, no problems with the rings! Now I have no issues with upgrading to better rings I do it all the time but to make it sound as its mandatory on the
tikka's is just WRONG. That's my 2 cents.
Merry Christmas everyone!

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I am shooting for a rifle that weighs 7 1/2 - 7/34 pounds all in with a 4-12x40 scope in 7mm Rem mag. Which should I order, the Lite or STD?

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

88 members (2500HD, Aviator, Amos63, 7mm_Loco, AnthonyB, 9 invisible), 1,530 guests, and 869 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,083
Posts18,501,670
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.