-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The Leupold 6x30 Yosemites are worth a look. I bought one based on the recommendations here. I was blown away at what I got for the price.

GB1

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
They quit makin em but i have some 6.5x32 Meoptas that are excellent.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Another vote for the Yosemite. Just an amazing little bino.

Those who must raise their voice to get their point across are generally not intelligent enough to do so in any other way.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
[quote=Kimber7man]Every time I deer hunt in the woods I use my Vortex Viper 6x32’s i bought from Cameraland maybe 8 years ago. I still consider them one of the best investments I ever made. If you find a used set, grab them pronto!

If Doug could talk Vortex into doing a special Campfire run of them, I’d buy a few more pair....[/quote

I think Vipers are pretty good.

A Viper scope of same objective kicks the doggshidt out my Leupy VXIII.

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
R
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
R
I also have a pair of 6x Yosemite’s and they are great. They replaced an old pair of 5x Ranging bino's that I really loved in the woods. A bird watcher was looking for a pair of bino's one day in Gander Mountain, trying the $300 and up bino's so I asked him what he was looking for. I suggested he try the Yosemite’s as he had high power bino's and was looking for a pair with less power. I later saw him walking out with those $89 Yosemite’s after comparing them to the (Gander Mountain) high end. The only reservation I have on recommending them is that mine are about 10 years old and I don’t know if the current models have the same quality. Can anyone chime in?

Last edited by remaction; 11/29/17.
IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I have a set thats about 3 years old, and they seem great.

H
Huntz Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
I ordered a set of The 6X30 Yosemites due to the number of folks here that like them.I will let you know what I think when I get them.Thanks for all the responses.Huntz

Last edited by Huntz; 11/29/17.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
my yosemite are a year old and just as good as my first pair ~10 years ago.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have a pair of 8x32 Redfields and like them quite a lot. I also keep a pair of Minox 8x24 in my car. The Redfields are impressive for the money and small enough I would think. The Minox is pretty good glass for a small pair of binos but doesn't equal the Redfields for use in most situations.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Whats the feeling on the 8 x 30 Yosemites? As good as the 6 x 30's?

It�s a magazine not a clip......

Advice is seldom welcome, and those who need it the most, like it the least.�
- Lord Chesterfield. 1750
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have the 6x Yosemites, the 6x Katmai (both Leupold).
The Katmai's are smaller, more compact, and a tad optically nicer than the Yos, but more money. The Kats fit in my bowhunting coat, the Yos did not.
Don't even know if they make the Katmai anymore...
The Yos are the truck binos, the Katmai are in my hunting pack. "Bang for the buck" is hard to beat with the Yosemites.
I do not know how the current Yos stack up against older models, mine are almost 7 years old now.

I've played with the Vortex Viper HD 6x. VERY nice, better than either above, but in a different price class.

Last edited by BlackFrog; 11/29/17.
OdT Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Good thread. After reading, I decided to try out the Yosemites. They arrived yeasterday and I spent a few hours with them today hiking the river. (8x version)

I couldn’t be any happier with them, as many others have attested. Great utility glasses. Super easy to carry.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Huntz, it looks like we are neighbors, but if where you hunt is like where I hunt, our deer don't give you much to look at before they get gone and I live in fear of having my binos in my hand instead of my rifle. The problem with those tiny ones is the narrow field of view and not a lot of light gathering in a 20 or 25 mm lens system. A 6x would give you more fov than my 10x25 Swarovski's, but why not just put that $400.00 toward a better variable rifle scope with a way larger objective lens and a cross hair so that you are ready to shoot? Not that I'm condoning scoping things like a telescope, but we all do it to some extent. I've got nice binos for bird watching and nature study, but I can do that all the rest of the year. When I'm deer hunting, I'm hunting for a deer and not looking at other stuff. I guess if you are bow hunting that near anything beats nothing, even like that 10x Simmons that I got as a door prize.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
H
Huntz Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Windfall
Huntz, it looks like we are neighbors, but if where you hunt is like where I hunt, our deer don't give you much to look at before they get gone and I live in fear of having my binos in my hand instead of my rifle. The problem with those tiny ones is the narrow field of view and not a lot of light gathering in a 20 or 25 mm lens system. A 6x would give you more fov than my 10x25 Swarovski's, but why not just put that $400.00 toward a better variable rifle scope with a way larger objective lens and a cross hair so that you are ready to shoot? Not that I'm condoning scoping things like a telescope, but we all do it to some extent. I've got nice binos for bird watching and nature study, but I can do that all the rest of the year. When I'm deer hunting, I'm hunting for a deer and not looking at other stuff. I guess if you are bow hunting that near anything beats nothing, even like that 10x Simmons that I got as a door prize.

I have had the 6X30 Yosemites in the woods with my MZ.I like them.I don`t like using a scope for glassing an area.I do not point a gun at anything until I am ready to shoot.There is an area of marsh grass I can see from my stand,Bucks like to bed there.I keep looking for antlers just above the grass.We have found quite a few bucks glassing these areas.Just have to wait until they stand up.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (06hunter59, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 1OntarioJim, 1beaver_shooter, 63 invisible), 3,002 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,677
Posts18,534,241
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.