Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Now that Manson is dead again, for the time being anyway, there's a question on how or where to bury him and/or hold a funeral. My suggestions include composting him, sinking him in a lake or the ocean, or just leaving him for the crows. A funeral would be out of the question. It's for sure than not a nickel of tax money should be spent on getting rid of him.

Charles Manson: Where will he be buried or cremated?

Charles Manson, the infamous US cult leader who inspired a wave of savage murders in the 1960s, is dead. And now the question is - what should happen to his body?
Authorities in California will be seeking a solution that balances the practicalities with respect for his victims' families.
They will also be keen to avoid any kind of memorial that could become a macabre shrine.
Here's what we know about the possible funeral options...
Where is the body now?
The sheriff's office in Kern County, California has told the LA Times that Charles Manson's body is in its custody, after he died of natural causes on Sunday night.
Charles Manson dies after decades in jail
Under state law, Manson's next of kin has 10 days - until 29 November - either to claim the body, or refuse to do so.
If his relatives aren't keen, it will fall to prison officials to arrange his burial or cremation.
Normal process in Kern County is for unclaimed remains to be interred at Union Cemetery in Bakersfield, according to local newspaper The Bakersfield Californian.
Who will pay for the funeral?
If it is not conducted privately, that task falls to US taxpayers - like the estimated $2.3m (£1.7m) cost of keeping Manson behind bars for more than four decades.
However, Manson's grandson, Jason Freeman, 41, has reportedly told US media outlets he is looking into the matter.
Convicted mass murderer Charles Manson is shown in this handout picture from the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation dated June 16, 2011.Image copyrightREUTERS/CDCR
Image caption
Charles Manson is said to have a grandson who may choose to claim his remains
The New York Daily News quoted him as saying: "I'm going to move towards having a proper burial.
"I will definitely speak with the inner circle of people who love my grandfather and who may know more of where he would want to be. I'm working on doing my part."
The terrible charisma of Charles Manson
Charles Manson: Messianic leader of a death cult
Mr Freeman is alleged to be Manson's only known relative - the son of his only child, Charles Manson Jr, who killed himself in 1993.
He will now be obliged to prove this to prison authorities.
Who gets his possessions?
It isn't clear yet if Manson left a will. If he didn't, and nobody comes forward, his assets will be inventoried. Any funds could be used to cover cremation or burial expenses.
Any other money or personal effects would then be held for one year. After that, Manson's possessions would become state property and could theoretically be auctioned.
Manson's music was a macabre sidenote
Where are the Manson Family members now?
Whether the state of California would consider that appropriate given Manson's tendency to attract disturbed "groupies" who glamorise his crimes is questionable.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Wrap him in Saran Wrap and toss his ass in a dumpster.
Total waste of Saran Wrap tough...

If it has whipped cream and chocolate drizzles on it, it’s dessert. Grow up and get a coffee damnit
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
In past centuries, the Brits would cut criminals in pieces and send them around to be paraded through towns so the people could see that he was dead. They didn't die nearly as pleasantly as Manson did, though.

― George Orwell

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Why all the hate for Manson?

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery - Thomas Jefferson
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
"The Warden" states that jackals are in order smile

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
In past centuries, the Brits would cut criminals in pieces and send them around to be paraded through towns so the people could see that he was dead. They didn't die nearly as pleasantly as Manson did, though.

the old drawn and quartered ploy

Sam......

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Woodchipper , fertilize some gawddamm prison system vegetable patch with him and then feed the other fuggers on death row those veggies late next summer.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I believe it would be fitting to cremate him and spread his ashes over a sewage lagoon.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by OrangeDiablo
Why all the hate for Manson?

It's fashionable.

I don't have a problem with it though.

RLA Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I would think some research hospital would like to study his brain, if they can find one,

IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
you gotta be sh%#tting me.

Those who would disrespect our flag have never been handed a folded one.

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.

When in the Course of human events......
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
He likely died, and his body dealt with, long before they announced he had died.

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I say hoist him up on a pike and stand it out front of the capitol building in Sacramento until he rots. Give those dummies in California a reminder of why capital punishment is preferable...

Last edited by 340boy; 11/21/17.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Burn him

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Manson could join Bin Laden in a watery grave somewhere for all I care. All that matters is that they kept him locked up till he croaked.

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
As an ocean state, California might consider putting his body to a good environmental use - feeding fishes.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't know about commiefornia but in Ohio the prison is exempt from the burial requirements of a cemetery. There is a hole and a simple box. No concrete vault. Then the law requires this:

Such officials shall provide, at the grave of the person or, if the person's cremated remains are buried, at the grave of the person's cremated remains, a metal, stone, or concrete marker on which the person's name and age, if known, and date of death shall be inscribed.

Which is a stamped metal tag about the size of a postcard. A metal stake is driven in the ground and the tag is pop riveted on top.

But I think we might cremate now, not sure.

Last edited by Armednfree; 11/21/17.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by 340boy
I say hoist him up on a pike and stand it out front of the capitol building in Sacramento until he rots. Give those dummies in California a reminder of why capital punishment is preferable...

Gets my vote!

The things that come to those that wait may be the things left by those who got there first.

Unk
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Armednfree
I don't know about commiefornia but in Ohio the prison is exempt from the burial requirements of a cemetery. There is a hole and a simple box. No concrete vault. Then the law requires this:

Such officials shall provide, at the grave of the person or, if the person's cremated remains are buried, at the grave of the person's cremated remains, a metal, stone, or concrete marker on which the person's name and age, if known, and date of death shall be inscribed.

Which is a stamped metal tag about the size of a postcard. A metal stake is driven in the ground and the tag is pop riveted on top.
State laws vary considerably on burial of bodies or ashes. Here in ID, a casket can be homemade or bought online. There is no requirement for a vault. That comes into play by cemeteries. When a wood casket disintegrates, it will collapse leaving a depression in the ground. Cemeteries often require a vault or steel casket that won't collapse and leave an unsightly hole for them to fill later.

Manson will be in a state of continuous cremation, regardless of what they do with his corpse.

― George Orwell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Waste of space anyway. All this burial crap just feeds the buzzards ( funeral directors).

I told my wife direct cremation as that is the cheapest way to go. She asked me what to do with the ashes, I told her I won't care I'M DEAD. I hear people say, "When its my time I want this or that." Well, you do now, but when it's your time you will not care at all.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

75 members (35, Aviator, AnthonyB, 01Foreman400, 9 invisible), 1,433 guests, and 772 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,593
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.