-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
We dote on yellow perch here. Close cousin to the walleye and just as good. Perch tacos...MMMMmmmm!

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Headline: Hunter Bags Huge Deer

"Yeah, this giant buck walked right past another hunter who was absorbed with his phone. So I shot that buck myself."

Others have spoken along also, some enjoy it , some dont. Keeps me on stand a whole hellva lot longer. Takes awhile to compose a post . Bout noon I'm gonna get up and still hunt into the wind for an hour and cover bout 500 yds. Been pretty successful doing that over the years also. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

The battery in my phone would go dead due to cold in just a minute or two while sitting in my stand. The only time I looked at it was to check the time, or if I needed to contact my son to come pick me up.

I can't hear [bleep] anymore even with two hearing aids. I set my stands up where I can see at least 100+ yards, gives me time to react when I see them as I will never hear them.

This year I borrowed my son's radio head phones, set them to talk radio and sat looking for deer and listening to Rush, Sean and Prager. I'll never sit in a stand again without them.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by FieldGrade
I can't imagine pecking away on a dam phone while "hunting" but since you're at least using a pre safety Marlin I'm gonna cut you some slack.

164 dollar OTD pawnshop rifle , i have given it some love, accurate as fugg ... its 53 im 54 , dont know its previous history , start a new one with me now until it gets passed down to a grandkid in the future hopefully. Took me about 10 mins to compose this...

Funny how demand for certain fire arms and calibers can change over time.
I remember some years ago around here a.35 Rem. in any action type rifle were usually slow sellers and often priced accordingly. Back in the day I've seen the same Marlins in .35 Rem stay on various gun store used gun racks for a long time and priced pretty cheap even for those times, too.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I made some threads about this rifle when I 1st picked it up.
It has impressed me with its accuracy, handy to carry. Just need to drop a 8pt as wide as its ears or better with it to break it's cherry for me. Gonna do some more work on it after deer season , it is a 1964 marlin 36g 30-30 sporting carbine with glenfeild address marks on it and black walnut wood .2yr run before Glenfield made them their model 30 in 1966. Not a valuable model, but a kinda rare model, only 5930 got made in that 2 yr transistion. It's basically a non fancy 336 that got marketed to Montgomery wards and other department store chains. Our city office complex used to be a Montgomery wards back when.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can't imagine pecking away on a dam phone while "hunting" but since you're at least using a pre safety Marlin I'm gonna cut you some slack.

164 dollar OTD pawnshop rifle , i have given it some love, accurate as fugg ... its 53 im 54 , dont know its previous history , start a new one with me now until it gets passed down to a grandkid in the future hopefully. Took me about 10 mins to compose this...

Like I said......announcing my every move on an internet forum while hunting ain't something I'd do but you seem to like it so if we can tolerate Gus's babbling and the boy's from OR's pity parties on here I don't suppose it hurts anything. Carry on.

PS.....if you do kill a Deer you might want to post a selfie with it just to make sure you don't land on FB's troll list.

Last edited by FieldGrade; 11/22/17.
IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Hahaha!!! I did put up 2 pictures of myself on fireballs troll pic thread. Soon as it got 25 views per the image gallery I deleted the post on fireballs thread and 86,d the image gallery also. So 25 users out their know what I look like. Thanks for granting me permission to carry on with from the stand post alsoπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ ain't gonna be no selfie crap. Deer and gun have to suffice like on Sunday with the 10 pt and .45 ml. Tune in tommorow, might be interesting. It's november again can happen.πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

Last edited by renegade50; 11/22/17.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by steve4102

"Yeah, this giant buck walked right past another hunter who was absorbed with his phone. So I shot that buck myself."

Others have spoken along also, some enjoy it , some dont. Keeps me on stand a whole hellva lot longer. Takes awhile to compose a post . Bout noon I'm gonna get up and still hunt into the wind for an hour and cover bout 500 yds. Been pretty successful doing that over the years also. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

The battery in my phone would go dead due to cold in just a minute or two while sitting in my stand. The only time I looked at it was to check the time, or if I needed to contact my son to come pick me up.

I can't hear [bleep] anymore even with two hearing aids. I set my stands up where I can see at least 100+ yards, gives me time to react when I see them as I will never hear them.

This year I borrowed my son's radio head phones, set them to talk radio and sat looking for deer and listening to Rush, Sean and Prager. I'll never sit in a stand again without them.

try using the howard leight impact sport powered muffs when hunting. you can hear a mouse fart 50 yards off and they protect your ears from further damage when you shoot. i wear them for hours at a time on stand.

My diploma is a DD214
R
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R

Like I said......announcing my every move on an internet forum while hunting ain't something I'd do but you seem to like it so if we can tolerate Gus's babbling and the boy's from OR's pity parties on here I don't suppose it hurts anything. Carry on.

PS.....when you kill your next buck you might want to post a selfie with it just to make sure you don't land on FB's troll list.

Fixt😁

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
96 today in stupid Southern California. I really hate it. Pushing 100 tomorrow which would be a record. The 2 weeks before were 75-80 with nights in the 50s. It is just ridiculous to be running AC on Thanksgiving.

Last edited by smarquez; 11/22/17.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
We set a record today, also -- 68Β° If it tops 65Β° tomorrow, it'll be the warmest T'Day ever recorded in Salt Lake City. And it looks like it will.

I think I may be the cause. Bought a new snow blower this year.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yeah, I'm in SLC at Mom's for the holiday. Tee shirt weather. I love it!

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by rem141r
Originally Posted by steve4102

try using the howard leight impact sport powered muffs when hunting. you can hear a mouse fart 50 yards off and they protect your ears from further damage when you shoot. i wear them for hours at a time on stand.

Thanks, but my ears are pretty well shot. My hearing aids, like most all these days, do more than just amplify sounds, they are tailored to amplify specific tones to specific levels and they still won't pick up much if anything in the deer woods.

Maybe I'll buy a pair just to see if the two together will help.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
This AM, I heard they were expecting a record high in ABQ for Nov 23 - 69*
Previous all-time record was 68* in 1948 (may have been '49)

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn LabΓ© SkΓ½la~
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (1minute, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 117LBS, 1Longbow, 1badf350, 60 invisible), 2,356 guests, and 1,338 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,162
Posts18,503,015
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.