-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There's a lot more similarities between a Tikka and a Ruger American than there are between a Tikka and a Barrett.

HR IC

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by deflave
To compare a modern day Tikka to a modern day Barrett is laughable at best.

Any factory/company can schit a gem or turd on any given day but gimmeafuggin'break.

Dave

Break me off a piece of that Kit Kat bar?

That sounds delicious.

Clark

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by starsky
There's a lot more similarities between a Tikka and a Ruger American than there are between a Tikka and a Barrett.

Agreed. They both shoot better, without tweaking, than rifles costing 3x as much.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Would rather have an Extreme Weather than either I think. The Barrett has me very very intrigued. What gets me about the Barrett is the twist rates and calibers they chose, brilliant. Tikkas are tikkas, they are accurate as hell and functional but they have no soul........and I own 5 now

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I felt peaked after reading all this

IC B2

R
R
How about Sako over Barrett for those who want quality ? Just saying.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ruger RAR is a second fiddle to Tikka and a Kimber Montana is to a Barret. Never messed with a Barrett so speaking outta my ass, but that's Campfire norm.

M70's and M700's are pretty much equal playing fields. Face it, they were built buy gunsmiths, not accountants.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
How come nobody here shoots X-Bolts?
I would think a Stainless Stalker would be in the same category as a T3x Superlite. A cut above a Ruger American, but a notch below the Kimbers and such.
Have people had accuracy issues, or are the triggers not up to snuff, or just not appealing and haven't been utilized for whatever reason. Maybe because the barrels are difficult to swap?

I'm guessing it's not the Japanese thing because more than a few speak highly of the Howa 1500. Or maybe it is.

I know the Tikka is made by Sako. But it's not really in the same league with Sako. While the X-Bolt does have specific action lengths like the Sako, which is a draw for me, particularly in the SSA chamberings.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The idea of shooting a X-Bolt makes me wanna vomit. All I can think about is body lifted 1995 rust bucket Z71s with pink Browning logos in the back glass

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Travis13
All I can think about is body lifted 1995 rust bucket Z71s with pink Browning logos in the back glass

No shortage of those around these parts, that's for sure.....

Now with even more aplomb
IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
A body lift....
That is disturbing.

I guess I should try and overlook the extra length of a Tikka and start considering one for my .223

Last edited by DollarShort; 11/22/17.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Seriously, other than an overly complicated trigger. There is nothing wrong with an xbolt. They are very accurate rifles. Just not my cup of tea. What also makes me want to vomit is using Portugal and Winchester in the same breath. But I still believe the Extreme Weather to be an amazing rifle.

Last edited by Travis13; 11/22/17.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Roinaa

Why would you think a Sako is higher quality than a Barrett? Yes,I own Sako's and have owned several.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I've about decided on the Montana over a Barrett. I would really enjoy a Barrett,and I think it is a fine rifle. I really wish that the safety locked the bolt. I've not owned the Barrett but I'm starting to think I may prefer the Montana action and trigger over the Barrett,especially the 3 position safety. Take the price difference into consideration and I could have a Montana rebarreled with a quality barrel "if" it didn't shoot to satisfaction. I am very happy with my one Montana and haven't decided 100%,but that's been the line of my reasoning lately. The one factor that I wish the Montana had,which would pretty much decide it for me,is a longer mag box.

Last edited by R_H_Clark; 11/22/17.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

Why would you think a Sako is higher quality than a Barrett? Yes,I own Sako's and have owned several.

Sako has a bit of a reputation for many years.....Barrett is new to the dance. Time will tell. I own 4 Sakos. Bought my first Barrett yesterday. We'll see.....

Regards,
Nick- Georgia
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith

The FC in 6.5 Creed weighs in at about 5 lbs 3 oz, according to my cheap kitchen scale grin

Bingo! My 21" FC in 6.5 Creed tips the electronic scale @ 5.22 lbs nekked, that's 5 - 3 1/2 oz give or take.

There is nothing made by man,
which cannot be broken by woman.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by d500lnn
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

Sako has a bit of a reputation for many years.....Barrett is new to the dance. Time will tell. I own 4 Sakos. Bought my first Barrett yesterday. We'll see.....

Barrett may be new to the lightweight hunting rifle dance, but they certainly aren't new the the firearms game. They enjoy a fine reputation in the other arenas in which they play, and I believe they will in this arena as well.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by starsky

Agreed. They both shoot better, without tweaking, than rifles costing 3x as much.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by 16bore
Ruger RAR is a second fiddle to Tikka

Agreed ! IMO the RAR is a Tikka wannabe, that didn't make it !

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
OdT Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by DollarShort
How come nobody here shoots X-Bolts?

My guess, and memory, suggests that Browning spent a [bleep] ton more on marketing than on service. Fancy catalogs filled with eye candy, that you might be able to buy someday, somewhere. While offshoring as much as they could. They became a name, after becoming an icon.

All due respect to John and his patents. But the military contracts were sold, as was the rest.

I still love the designs, but am apprehensive to vote with my own wallet anymore

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (1936M71, 1234, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 17CalFan, 160user, 58 invisible), 2,227 guests, and 1,199 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,659
Posts18,493,563
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.