Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Going back to the Constitutional Convention of States Call, Mark and Sarah have always one Hell of a Tag Team.
Some on here cannot understand or just cannot stand when anyone disagrees with Trump.
Some of us are just more Conservative than Trump. We give credit where credit is due and advice when needed.

However the final Tax Reform shakes out when it gets to Trump, it will be far better than what we have suffered under for years.
Reagan's Tax Plan was not perfect, but it worked. Could have worked better.
Laffer tried to tell them. He tried to tell Kansas just a couple of years ago how to hit the sweet spot on his Curve, but they came up short.

Now is the time for good, sound advice and history lessons.

Sarah Palin: Dear GOP Politicians Controlling Congress and the White House:
You’re arguing that reducing the corporate tax rate ultimately creates jobs. I agree wholeheartedly; been preaching it forever!
[…]
Just like that obfuscating Obamacare rollout, this tax reform rollout buffalos the people with distractions in what you call “tremendous tax cuts for the middle class.” (For example, eliminating common deductions that average American homeowners rely on – in order to “pay for” your corporate cuts, thus pleasing Wall St. – results in far less tax reform benefit than what you’re selling.)
[…]
Important to us is you understand that when you allow the little guy to keep more of what we earn, then all boats rise.

GOP: both you and the democrats got us $20+ trillion in debt, with tens of trillions more in unfunded liabilities you never talk about. Hard to trust you’re any smarter today with questionable tax reform promises than you’ve been with all your decisions that have clobbered the middle class with high taxes due to constantly, CONSTANTLY overspending and growing government.

What happened to years of campaign promises to reduce average workers’ taxes expeditiously with a Fair or Flat across-the-board tax plan that lets us keep more of what we earn, which actually helps Main St? And your promises that our April 15 IRS form will fit on a postcard. And promises to balance the budget. And to create smaller, smarter government.

Thanks for working on tax reform. But your proposal isn’t good enough. Evidence is watching the well-connected on Wall St. and K St. grin today, while we’re left scratching our head, and in distrust.

Last edited by BOWSINGER; 11/21/17.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Perky never made my heart flutter, but she's dead right on this.

The GOP is fuggin the average guy to bolster Wall Street, pure and simple. Not all that many average wage earners are invested in Wall Street, and they are glad to make it from paycheck to paycheck. A hundred or two more a month take-home would keep a lot of noses above the tide.

Corporations and Wall Street being healthy is an absolute necessity for our nation, but so is a thriving middle class, and that includes the lower end of the middle.

Screw the GOP!! I'm ashamed to admit that I have been a staunch GOP supporter since High School in the mid-60s and worked for Goldwater and Nixon campaigns. This bunch we have now can KMA! We need a populist right leaning alternative to both parties.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I ran the calculator and it looks like I get a decent cut in taxes. I find that any time taxes are cut, the lower income groups get all hot and bothered. Its humorous to me as they don't pay hardly anything and in some cases nothing, but they hate seeing others get a break.

The lower income folks should lobby hard to stop illegal immigration, work visas for foreign workers, reduced government regulations on corporations, etc. The current regulatory and tax environment, the one we live in right now, has been a disaster for the middle class.

I was an average wage earner when I started out and I still maxed my 401K and saved in mutual funds. I didn't take trips, buy new cars, or custom rifles as I knew I needed money growing in the market. So if you are an average wage earner in the wealthiest country in the world, I'd suggest you live on about 80% of what you make and start saving. Maybe someday you'll reach an income level where you pay some taxes.

And with the current gov folks in charge, I don't anticipate any tax reform taking place. So don't sweat it too much.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I find that any time taxes are cut, the lower income groups get all hot and bothered. Its humorous to me as they don't pay hardly anything and in some cases nothing, but they hate seeing others get a break.

If you're living on tax supported programs, and not paying any income tax, a tax increase on working people sounds like a great idea.

Be not weary in well doing.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
From the Heritage foundation...

The proposal would lower tax rates for most people making less than about $250,000 a year. The chunk of income currently taxed at 15 percent — and some now taxed at 25 percent — would be taxed at a 12 percent rate. Additionally, some income now taxed at 28 percent would be taxed at 25 percent.
These rate reductions will benefit primarily middle-class households.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
To get to a form to file your taxes on a postcard, there would still have to be several "worksheets" to get to the figures to put on that postcard.

For the past several years, I've had to pay federal taxes on a percentage of my (and then later my wife's) Social Security payments, it would be nice if that was eliminated too.

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Sara Palin on sexual harassment: "I think a whole lot of people probably know I'm probably packing so I don't think there's a whole lot of people who would necessarily mess with me."
2:26 PM - Nov 16, 2017

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
As I recall, the original plan set out by the founders was to allow taxation via apportionment, equal portions for all. Seems to me the only way to do that is either through an across the board flat tax, or IMO scrap the whole income taxing process and go with a flat sales tax.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Yes. Sales tax is called "Fair tax" for a reason.

Maybe someday, but not now.

I agree with Sarah's points and hope some improvement could happen by Xmas.

But we need to get what we can in place by the first of the year. Come back later for the rest.

Reagan always said he would settle for 80% now and get the other 40% later.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I'm still stunned that the fiscal conservatives have objected to the impact to the national deficit.

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Oops -- meant to write "have NOT objected".

Still stunned I guess ...

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Talus_in_Arizona

Maybe because it has been explained a Zillion times that tax cuts in the right place on the Laffer curve increase tax revenue.

Over the past 100 years, there have been three major periods of tax-rate cuts in the U.S.: the Harding-Coolidge cuts of the mid-1920s; the Kennedy cuts of the mid-1960s; and the Reagan cuts of the early 1980s. Each of these periods of tax cuts was remarkably successful as measured by virtually any public policy metric. Arthur Laffer

Last edited by BOWSINGER; 11/23/17.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There is a reason that a "Fair Tax" gets no serious consideration. Powerful people that are not paying taxes now would have to start.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Originally Posted by Talus_in_Arizona

Maybe because it has been explained a Zillion times that tax cuts in the right place on the Laffer curve increase tax revenue.

Over the past 100 years, there have been three major periods of tax-rate cuts in the U.S.: the Harding-Coolidge cuts of the mid-1920s; the Kennedy cuts of the mid-1960s; and the Reagan cuts of the early 1980s. Each of these periods of tax cuts was remarkably successful as measured by virtually any public policy metric. Arthur Laffer

Sooo ... this tax plan won't raise the national debt??

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
It is projected that this Tax cut will produce about $2 trillion of growth and reduce the deficit by a trillion dollars. That is based a 3% GDP which is what happened in the past.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by ltppowell
There is a reason that a "Fair Tax" gets no serious consideration. Powerful people that are not paying taxes now would have to start.

You are absolutely correct. Those that write the rules, will NEVER write rules that apply to themselves too.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

This tax reform is the greatest bonanza for the rich ever to come along. 41 of 42 economist
in the US are against it. What are you going to do when the economy goes to 1.8% growth
instead of 4.0%? First year of Trump is already below 3.0%. We need some sales tax but
it hurts the low income families the most. All real economists say this lowering of corporate
tax does not stimulate economic growth. Good luck.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hint, economists don't create wealth or produce a product. Companies of all sizes do.

Generally when companies are able to reduce their expenses, they use the increased profit to expand.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Luv2safari: I renounced all support for demonrat politicans about 58 years ago - and haven't looked back or wavered since.
Indeed many of the things Republicans (rino's and mentally ill people like john mCcain!) have done in the last 40 years have grieved me immensely - but the alternative (voting demonrat/libertardtarian!) is simply out of the question.
So I apply pressure as I can and where I can and try to appease myself with this reality: a voter will NEVER get 100% of everything he supports/endorses.
I would rather get 70% of the policies/laws I support by voting Republican than getting 0% (zero percent!) of the policies/laws I support by voting for a demonrat.
Its simple.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

509 members (12344mag, 1minute, 1Longbow, 222Sako, 204guy, 1badf350, 64 invisible), 2,308 guests, and 1,169 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,025
Posts18,500,482
Members73,986
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.