Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I'll be in Carbon, hunting the park in my backyard. NCwill have to wait until December. The big guy I had summerpics of got himself perished by a teenager. Still saw a few respectables run by during Bear season.

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I'll be hunting both states throughout the week. Good luck ya'll.

-Jake

Small Game, Deer, Turkey, Bear, Elk....It's what's for dinner.

If you know how many guns you own... you don't own enough.

In God We Trust.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
So many of these towns and counties are names I'm familiar.with. Our hunting area is Boone Mountain in Clearfield County. So many great memories. It's a long haul from Minneapolis, so I wont' be going this year. Special wishes for good luck to my friend EFW and the boys from Michigan. Their football teams really suck, but these boys know how to hunt deer. EFW took a nice buck back behind our camp last fall.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Got home this afternoon from my daughters place down near Reading. Am headed north to DuBois in the AM. Hopefully will be able to meet up with EFW and his buddies to say hello or drink a beverage or swap lies or...

Dale

This space for rent

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dale K
Got home this afternoon from my daughters place down near Reading. Am headed north to DuBois in the AM. Hopefully will be able to meet up with EFW and his buddies to say hello or drink a beverage or swap lies or...

Dale
They're staying in a cabin at Treasure Lake, Dale.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
IC B2

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
We’re all ready for tomorrow had a great visit w/ DaleK outside of DuBois best wishes for a safe & successful hunt yall!

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by gophergunner

Dale

Yeah I saw it, I don't think 'cabin' in a good description. But it was a good visit, swapped a lot of stories, did a lot of laughing. Even saw 2 deer, one on the way there and one on the way home.

Good luck to all,

Dale

This space for rent

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Glad you guys matched up. A good bunch of men for sure. Good luck guys.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm happy with what I got. PA 6 point from yesterday at noon.
[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Nice deer MM. Congrats.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
IC B3

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Mm nice buck; I haven’t even seen a deer while hunting yet. Leaving tomorrow hoping one of us tags out!

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Dale

My buddy went home[DuBois/Treasure Lake] Sunday. His yard in TL backs up to state game lands. He's never hunted it but plans to this week. His 13YO needs more hunting than the few days they spend down here in VA.

Good luck all!

FJB & FJT
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks guys.

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Well, I'm home for a couple of days, will head north again on Friday. I saw 8 does on Monday and a buck. My buddy passed on 2 legal bucks, one was pretty small and according to him, the other was a 'Saturday' buck, not a opening day buck. Of course, he'll probably never see it again!

The buck I saw was in the brush row at the edge of a corn field about 200 yds. away. I could see the white around it's muzzle and eye and could see antlers among the brush but couldn't tell if it had enough points. I first saw it at 4:30 PM, it still hadn't stepped out into the open by 5:00 so I gave up. Hunted until noon on Tues. but didn't see anything besides squirrels. Did hear some shots so somebody saw something.

Dale

This space for rent

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Raeford

Dale

My buddy went home[DuBois/Treasure Lake] Sunday. His yard in TL backs up to state game lands. He's never hunted it but plans to this week. His 13YO needs more hunting than the few days they spend down here in VA.

Good luck all!

Raeford the deer in here are INSANE! Like flies on poo!!!!

We’re hunting this morning then headed home. My good buddy saw his first buck, a fork-horned unicorn, and it walked 3/4 of a circle around him till he couldn’t handle the temptation any longer, stood up and shooed it away.

Been up & down the mountain a lot and absense of acorns makes em hard to locate but just being here in this gorgeous setting is great for my soul!

Wish us luck,

Efw

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
My mother lives in Treasure Lake. You fellers should explore the archery hunt up there. I think permits are fairly easy to acquire.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Came up empty. Monday and Tuesday I saw a ton of doe and 4 non legal buck. Then the wind kicked up. Rest of the week I didnt see a deer, except leaving camp tonight 8 doe in our front yard. Wednesday I tracked a mature buck into 10 ft high laurel. With my health, and hunting by myself, there was no way I could get in there and push him out. Vacations over for the year, so im done. Ill give her hell next year.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Just getting back from my return to roots Pa adventure. Killed a decent 8-pt saturday on a swamp drive. He wasnt very wide but beautiful tall tines. 270 with a 110 TTSX. I was standing on the edge of a 12-14 creek burm, he came out of the swamp zig-zagging before following the creek. It was tough to stay on him and have a good field of view of trees and braches as I was swinging the rifle with it on 4x. I dropped him at about 20-25 yards. My first time using a mono and was quite impressed. That little bullet hit the spine about midway, continued downward and away, through the back of the lungs before leaving an 1.5" exit on the far side of the ribs. He dropped as if struck by lightning. Best part was no bullet fragments to sort through. All in all our crew did pretty good. I have never seen so much rutting activity during rifle season. Couldve sworn it was the first week in Nov. Still have my doe tag, so might head back after Christmas with the flintlock. Had a nice backstrap dinner with the family and washed it down with a Black and Tan, life is good 👍, now where are those middlesworth Bar-B-Q chips....

Stuck in airports, Terrorized
Sent to meetings, Hypnotized
Over-exposed, Commercialized
Handle me with Care...
-Traveling Wilbury's
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I went back to Ohio to hunt with my brother & nephews. We got a couple antlerless deer in Belmont County on public land. Not much shooting & didn't see another hunter in the woods. It's not like it use to be. Bob.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Dale

Yeah I saw it, I don't think 'cabin' in a good description. But it was a good visit, swapped a lot of stories, did a lot of laughing. Even saw 2 deer, one on the way there and one on the way home.

Good luck to all,

Dale

Heck, you guys were basically in my back yard! Had I seen this earlier, I would have made an attempt to meet you guys. I'm always up for meeting some legends of the fire!

Oh, and believe it or not, deer bite. Fairly hard.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

394 members (21, 160user, 22250rem, 01Foreman400, 257 mag, 2500HD, 33 invisible), 2,252 guests, and 1,050 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,508
Posts18,490,691
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.