-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
State cops got me on the interstate. Wrote it up as 100+. Said he knew it was faster. Don't remember the fine but it was big I never paid it and should have lost my license but there was a huge flood at the state capital that year that destroyed all the records.

Sometimes you get lucky.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cited for open container in a motor vehicle-illegal in Ohio. If I remember right, it cost me $35.00. We were sitting in the parking lot waiting to go into a nightclub.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Speeding about a week after I got my license.

My licence was suspended at least half of my first few years of driving.

I bought a sweet Chevy Nova SS my senior year but my girlfriend had to drive me to school in it most of the year.
For some reason the court let me drive to work and back but not to school...priorities were different back in those days.

I've turned over a new leaf though.....haven't had a ticket or accident in over 35 years now..........knock on wood.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
69 and never had a ticket. That does not mean I haven't deserved 100 or more. It just means I have never been caught.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Can’t remember the details, but I was 16,speeding.
Have gotten probably 15 since then, in th past 50 years.

NRA Patron
IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Reckless driving, 16. Haven't had a ticket since 1990.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
1st was "careless driving" -I don't even remember what I did in that '63 Scout 1/2 cab smile Age 15.
Last time that was even close - in '92 or 3 - I'm cruising to work, pass oncoming state cop at somewhat over the speed limit. Hit the brakes and pull over - knowing I'm being cited. Cop does the high-speed U-Turn through the median, and almost passes me (parked on the shoulder). He comes up to the window, asks for paper - then I ask if it would have been proper for me to chase him down for the ticket I earned - he said you saw that, huh?" 78 in a 65 - and a written warning smile No points! (I honestly had NO idea how fast I was moving, but I'll take his word for it.)

Last edited by mark shubert; 12/02/17.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Mark
Those old scouts wouldn't go fast enough to get a speeding ticket. Must of swerving or something

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
1967, 16 years and one week old, 33 mph in a 30 mph zone in Chicago. I went to court and the judge blew his top on the officer for wasting his time. Told the prosecutor to explain to the cop what a "null pros" was (spelling? unprecedented prosecution). Prosecutor told the judge it was up to the defendant to mount a defense - the judge chewed his ass out along with the cop's. Apparently, in Illinois at that time, you had to be ten over to be prosecuted except for school zones and the like. I believe that part of Nixon's 55 mph national speed limit regime included challenging such limits in many states to allow prosecution at five over?

That one was a pass but I spent most of my teen years with my license on statutory suspension or some such thing for too many convictions but no serious ones so it was like high stakes supervision. Chicago cops always wanted to pull over teen drivers to see what was up and they would write you up to make quota no matter how cocked-up the charges were, but if it was such a BS stop they usually wouldn't write that fourth ticket that would cost you your license.

Eventually I noticed that virtually everyone in traffic court that had a lawyer got dismissed, so I have hired a lawyer and fought virtually every ticket ever since. In those days the lawyers couldn't solicit in traffic court but they were allowed to hang out in one little closet-like space where you could go to hire them. It was usually about $35 and worked like a charm.

National Rifle Association - Patron Member
National Muzzleloading Rifle Association - Life Member and 1 of 1000
Illinois State Rifle Association - Life Member
Carlinville Rifle & Pistol Club
~ Molɔ̀ːn Labé ~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
16 speeding, had my license suspended for 6 months when i was 19 for racking up 19 speeding tickets in between.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Speeding, age 15, driving to pick up my girlfriend to take us to school. After the cop stopped me, both of the school buses rolled by, and I knew most everyone on both of them. blush

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Diesel
Mark
Those old scouts wouldn't go fast enough to get a speeding ticket. Must of swerving or something
-
While my poor, old 4 cyl couldn't, - those V-8's could scoot!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
1976 late for a date when I went sailing past the radar gun on the outskirts of town. I told him how fast I thought I was going and he told me EXACTLY how fast I was going. Wasn't going to talk this auxiliary cop out of anything.
Funny thing was, a couple years later, he had been hired on by the force when he caught me on my motorcycle without an endorsement. He seemed to believe everything I told him and let me off.

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Driving without a license. 15 on a moped. $50-60?

Drove 35 miles to grandparents house, went to court with grandpa, and then drove back home in dads Toyota Celica.

Last edited by calikooknic; 12/02/17. Reason: Fuggin autocorrect

Sean
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Muffler ticket at age 17 with a 1960 Ford convertible in 1967............ Don't recall what the fine would have been but they let me slide when I showed the court my receipt for a new muffler that I hadn't even put on yet but I didn't mention that fact.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Oh hell why not......first....and still my only....ticket was a good one. I was a 22 year old kid fresh out of a 4 year stint in the Army as an Infantryman. I knew it all and had seen even more and came home with a pretty big chip on my shoulder. I was on my way home from a girls house and got pulled over by a county deputy for not using a turn signal. Went from bad to worse from there. I blew a .12 and was arrested for drunk driving. We live in a very rural community and its a long way to town, about a 40 minute ride. I gave that poor deputy hell the entire ride. Looking back, I would have pulled over and worked me over. But, he didn't do that. I give him some credit because I sure would have. The rest of the story after that only involves money. Been working for a lot of years since as a Paramedic in both ER's and out on the road and have ran into versions of my old self quite a few times and now I have sympathy for combat vets. I'm not condoning drunk driving at all, I don't mean that, but when it comes to my job I've hauled quite few vets to the hospital for everything from suicide attempts to car accidents and I have a soft spot for them. So there you go, there's my story on my first and only ticket. .

[Linked Image]

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Minor in possession way before I got a drivers licence. I think I was 12.

It got worse once I got a licence.

Getting busted while driving for 'minor in posession' at age 12!!! wow, I was socially retarded, you are my new hero.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Age 14 for shooting my pellet gun inside the city limits, that ticket got dropped as the officer was mistaken about where the city limit lines were actually located. At the time I had no idea there were laws against it or where the city lines were. We lived on the very edge of town and we could walk a half a block and be in miles of farm fields chasing sparrows, that was a fun summer.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
I don't call him, Sir Big Jim, for nothing.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Been so many, I don't remember which was first.......

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

105 members (35, 21, 358wsm, 6mmbrfan, 406_SBC, 10Glocks, 16 invisible), 1,506 guests, and 900 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,243
Posts18,485,945
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.