Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BIG_JOE
Good to hear that you had a good trip. Appears three times is the charm with the plane. At least this time the window didn't fall out into Nancy's lap. Glad she did well and likes her new rifle. I had the strong impression in Sept. that the deer herd was down but would have never guessed that it w ould be thee week of Nov. 20th before a group tagged out at Chicotte Did you sit in my favorite blind? Looking forward to 2018.

No Joe, I did not. I shot the spiker out of the blind at trail 73. I got the doe out of the tree stand that is on the right off of AP20 just before you go downhill to the ATV bridge over the Platte River. Airplanes are getting a little dicey.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by moosemike
I was interested so I checked into a hunt here. At nearly $6,000 I'll pass. They sure went up since I last talked to them.
For the 3rd week in Nov, 4 day hunt, American plan, it should be around $3400 Camp Jupiter could be that high but that's everything included.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Longbeardking
Originally Posted by moosemike
I was interested so I checked into a hunt here. At nearly $6,000 I'll pass. They sure went up since I last talked to them.
For the 3rd week in Nov, 4 day hunt, American plan, it should be around $3400 Camp Jupiter could be that high but that's everything included.

That's a lot better. Thanks.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I could never understand paying $4-6K to a Frenchman (plus travel expenses) to shoot deer that have substantially smaller bodies and racks than what's in someones backyard in the states.
Now paying that amount to hunt Sask Whitetails or Alberta Mulies is another story

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Great thread longbeardking!

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thank you. I'll keep it this way.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Great thread, great tradition.

That river looks beautiful, I'd love to swing a fly in there.

Anticosti would not be far for me either. A September hunt would be challenging but would be a blast to combine it with some fine salmon fishing as well.

-Matt

"The proof of the whisky is in the drinking, the proof of the rifle is in the shooting."
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
You could do that as well. 6 day hunt instead of 4 and less money to boot.

J
jay Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
You have class sir,
Thank you.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Some may disagree, but thank you.

IC B3

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
LBK, thanks for the write up, always look forward to it.
I myself couldn’t take that trip because I’d rather have a Big racked buck but I can and do appreciate your reasons for doing it and my hats off to you.
I will be anxiously looking forward to your story of success next year.
👍🏼

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Don't get me wrong. There is a big buck in the back of my mind all the time I'm in the woods, If I end up with a lesser deer I at least eat venison and most of my hunts turn into some situation or another that I remember forever. And I do so much enjoy that I have a wife that wants to share hunting with me. Thanks for your understanding why I do it.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Longbeardking
Don't get me wrong. There is a big buck in the back of my mind all the time I'm in the woods, If I end up with a lesser deer I at least eat venison and most of my hunts turn into some situation or another that I remember forever. And I do so much enjoy that I have a wife that wants to share hunting with me. Thanks for your understanding why I do it.

I have a few bucket list hunts, that is one of them. I really appreciate the time and effort you put into this thread.

Anticosti is a unique situation, it probably costs a bit of coin for the outfitting companies to setup there not to mention supplies,weather and a limited length hunting season to contend with.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Many of the Savage rifles I own cost more that the trip. Some vehicles I have bought cost 3 or 4 times that of a trip. NONE makes me as happy as the rips my wife and I share.The license costs $380+ Canadian and is only good (in our case) for 4 days. I would be curious to know if the 6 day hunting license is the same price. The cost of living is every penny you make.. I spend my money on what makes ME happy. PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Like many, I always look forward to this thread also. There is no price on experiences and one only needs to make themselves (and the wife) happy.

I always thought hunting whitetails there would be akin to Sitka blacktail hunting on the opposite, ocean coast.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
VERY similar. Except, from my experience, I see more deer on Anticosti, even with the numbers down, than I did In Oregon hunting Blacktails with my nephew.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Cool hunt I would enjoy going there someday. Glad you and your wife enjoy it. Memories are better than money in the bank as far as I am concerned.

I've always been different with one foot over the line.....
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 7mmMato
Cool hunt I would enjoy going there someday. Glad you and your wife enjoy it. Memories are better than money in the bank as far as I am concerned.

SMART MAN. Money is absolutely worthless UNLESS you spend it.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
That’s true, because you ain’t gonna be taking it into the next life that’s for sure.

J
JDK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by GuideGun
Great thread, great tradition.

That river looks beautiful, I'd love to swing a fly in there.

Anticosti would not be far for me either. A September hunt would be challenging but would be a blast to combine it with some fine salmon fishing as well.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 17CalFan, 1badf350, 160user, 22250rem, 45 invisible), 2,550 guests, and 1,359 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,709
Posts18,475,378
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.