Hop To
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Anybody who wants to come stand by the bonfire with me is welcome.

But throw a pint of Ketel One in that basket of Bourbon ya bring.

Brown likker'll make ya puke like a Camel.

How's if I just show up with a case of Ketel One and a fat sack of Seattle's kindest?

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Windfall
Well, all those Illinois people up here recreating every weekend can't all be wrong. Heck we all have four wheel drive trucks, snow blowers, central heating and big plow trucks for the snow, so even the winters are not that bad. The wife minds it more than I do, so we go to Florida for four months. If you are use to Washington, the Midwest is going to be like a breath of fresh air cost wise. We can't take our Midwest incomes and move to either coast. State and property taxes are higher here, but probably because we have more cows than people. The state just ponied up 3 billion dollars to have a huge Fox Con plant built in Kenosha, WI. that is supposed to provide 15,000 new high tech jobs to the south east part of the state. I live 130 miles north of that rat race and have deer hunting opportunities a hundred yards from the house. The La Crosse area in the south west is nice and close to Iowa, Minnesota, and the rural part of Illinois. The whole northern third of the state is forested and wide open for hunting. We have more lakes than Minnesota and Lake Michigan and Lake Superior are full of salmon, trout and small mouth bass. We shoot between 200,00 and 300,000 deer here every year and have more B&C bucks taken than any other state or province if that is important to you. No traffic issues once you get out of Madison or the Milwaukee area. Lots of OEM's and manufacturing here with very low unemployment. Friendly folk with low crime rates. Rifles state wide for hunting, gun friendly.

Dadgum. You just about sold me. I'm half ready to move to WI.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by sgt217
Originally Posted by tzone
You can find some nice country in Northern Wisconsin...In fact you can buy my 40 acres in a year or two...

Tell me more please.

What do you want to know T?

Drummond Wi. Chequamegon NF is on the back of my property. 40 acres 3 Bed 2 bath and a 30x45 polebarn...60 minutes from Duluth

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
does the spectacular blonde still tend bar at the black bear?

Last edited by johnw; 12/04/17.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

"Chances Will Be Taken"

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

"Chances Will Be Taken"

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Asheville or Nashville. WY for July and August then back east for the rest of the year.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bigfish9684
Let's just hear it. What do you like/not like about these states?
-Wisconsin
-Indiana
-Kentucky
-Tennessee

Possibles:
-Missouri
-Michigan

Wisconsin - Union dominated around Milwaukee and Racine. Beautiful upstate. Trends liberal and Madison is their Berkley.
Indiana - Stay away from NW part of this state nears South Bend and Chicago. Flat and plenty of corn fields.
Kentucky - Eastern part remains rural and slow economy. Hard for a new comer to fit in. West Virginia light, so to speak.
Tennessee - very diverse geographically. Eastern part is mountainous and steep in some areas. Western part is northern Mississippi.
Mizzou - Lived in Springfield for a spell, still have family there. south of Columbia I really like the state. Too bad it has St. Louis.
Michigan - lived there too. if you could cut off everything within a 40 mile radius of downtown Detroit and cast it into a Black Hole, it would be a great place. Obviously union dominated and that has f'd up politics there for ever. The Mob in Detroit in the old days didn't help. North of a line that runs from Saginaw through Lansing is a sportsman's dream. Fishing is good, Great Lakes have salmon, big deer. UP has lots of elbow room with few people. Problem with Michigan, Wisconsin, Indiana and the rest is it's freaking COLD in the winter.

For me, I'd do SW Mizzou or eastern Tenn on that list.

In case of nuclear/biologic war, I'd hole up in the UP of Michigan. Nobody would find me. I could emerge after the apocalypse like Charlton Heston in one of his Sci Fi movies.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by johnw

^^^^^

"Chances Will Be Taken"

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

Nope moved on. Sad day...

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
If you get hung up coming through Montana on your trip, you could buy our old place and just stay here. 38.5 acres, house, garage, barn and irrigated pasture and hay ground.

Property is expensive around here though.

Montana MOFO
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by tzone
You can find some nice country in Northern Wisconsin...In fact you can buy my 40 acres in a year or two...

Tell me more please.

What do you want to know T?

Drummond Wi. Chequamegon NF is on the back of my property. 40 acres 3 Bed 2 bath and a 30x45 polebarn...60 minutes from Duluth
I know the area... Very nice - been through there mucho times on the HD.. But whoever moves up there better be ready for WINTER... laugh laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Nope moved on. Sad day...

I was there one night with a packers game on the tube. The way she moved when they scored even had me rooting for the bastids...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

^^^^^

I had never considered moving to Wisconsin, 'til just now smile.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Holy smokes, I just looked at that link too and the beer, brat and cheese eaters in these parts didn't make the chart. What do you call a good looking woman in Wisconsin?

A tourist.

Texas and the South East however... Enough to make a bulldog break his chain.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I think Northern Jefferson would be a good place to live.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

269 members (222Sako, 12344mag, 160user, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 257 roberts, 29 invisible), 1,943 guests, and 990 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,539
Posts18,531,120
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.