-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 18 of 21 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 21
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ingwe should be like Trump and not be swayed by bribes.

Mine's the real deal. It took a lot of blood sweat and tears to get him. I didn't have to stand in line at the liquor store with the EBT Card tribe.😜

Talking to you is like trying to nail jello to the wall.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 260madman
Ingwe should be like Trump and not be swayed by bribes.

Mine's the real deal. It took a lot of blood sweat and tears to get him. I didn't have to stand in line at the liquor store with the EBT Card tribe.😜

My dink is dinkiest and you are sooooo wrong about Ingwe he invented the swamp

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

ingwe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
Oh Grand One seems most are forgetting the most important part of the contest .....the bribe

If need be I can sweeten the pot...

[Linked Image]

I'm liking where this is going....

I'll be personally reviewing all entries by Sicilian-Americans ....

The Irish-American in me likes the way they think....

Last edited by ingwe; 12/11/17.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My Ohio dink is right there with the best. I had a 3600 mile trip to get that "dinker". I should at least get the air miles.

I've got an 8' bed on my F150-------It can haul quite a few cases of ------------. Just fill in the blank. Bob

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have a sure fire way to derail this bribe stuff. Don't make me throw the ace.

When does this contest end?

Talking to you is like trying to nail jello to the wall.

IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Just a reminder. This one was pretty dinky.

Originally Posted by StoneCutter
OK, I've got a true contender. This one won't take more than a case of Blantons. It's doe's (Antlerless) only right now for muzzle loader. Got it this morning. I thought damn sure it was a doe, but it was just the bigger of the two. Turned out to be a 29 pound weakling.

[Linked Image]

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
ingwe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by 260madman
I have a sure fire way to derail this bribe stuff. Don't make me throw the ace.

When does this contest end?

End of January ...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Have ya'll seen my dink, huh??

Well, that oughta tell you how good it is. It only cost me a Blanton's distributorship in Montana.....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
OK, yesterday I returned with a real live dead dink. Though not even a serious contender, it represents my effort, so far, this year.

Our property abuts a small river, easily forded by deer. The other bank is on the leased property of a hunt club that drives it. Apparently, nobody on their side of the river has learned that their deer are running across this "river" to get away from the drives.

I have.

5 deer in two years......I thank you guys over there.... I hear whoopin' and hollerin', finish my coffee, and shoot deer when they walk by, thinking they are safe.....I hope this relationship continues....

The deer are usually not Dinkathon material, but this one came by yesterday and it looks as if this might be my best chance.

[Linked Image]

Poobs, we'll probably have to talk about a couple things, one being getting this deer competitive, second being for God's sake, don't tell them guys across the river......

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Vic_in_Va
OK, yesterday I returned with a real live dead dink. Though not even a serious contender, it represents my effort, so far, this year.

Our property abuts a small river, easily forded by deer. The other bank is on the leased property of a hunt club that drives it. Apparently, nobody on their side of the river has learned that their deer are running across this "river" to get away from the drives.

I have.

5 deer in two years......I thank you guys over there.... I hear whoopin' and hollerin', finish my coffee, and shoot deer when they walk by, thinking they are safe.....I hope this relationship continues....

The deer are usually not Dinkathon material, but this one came by yesterday and it looks as if this might be my best chance.

[Linked Image]

Poobs, we'll probably have to talk about a couple things, one being getting this deer competitive, second being for God's sake, don't tell them guys across the river......

Good Lord thats a monster!

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I know. This hasn't been a stellar year for dinks, at least for me.

Now that doe season is in, maybe an accidental nubbie can be harvested. Something an accompanying "junk" pic would be a necessity for verification.

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I know. This hasn't been a stellar year for dinks, at least for me.

Now that doe season is in, maybe an accidental nubbie can be harvested. Something an accompanying "junk" pic would be a necessity for verification.

laugh

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D

I have.

[Linked Image]

Do you suppose the sight of the stock of your rifle may have killed that dink instead of a bullet....just askin.

Last edited by doctor_Encore; 12/27/17.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ain't much of it he can see when it's pointed at him.

I haven't lost it, either. It stands out in the leaves while you gut deer, which that rifle is responsible for happening quite a bit.

It's hard to hunt Turkey with.....

For your viewing pleasure....(grin)

][Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Vic_in_Va; 12/27/17.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by doctor_Encore

I have.

[Linked Image]

Do you suppose the sight of the stock of your rifle may have killed that dink instead of a bullet....just askin.

Vic knows a good looking stock when he sees one. And the deer die for it.

[Linked Image]

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
1nut, I normally don't name rifles, but when it came in, my daughter told me how ugly she thought it was.

I told her it was the same colors that are "official Harley Davidson". She said it looked "Halloweenie", and I could hunt in a pumpkin patch with it.

I asked her if she understood the relationship between Charlie Brown and the Great pumpkin. Her answer was "yes, not much different than yours with deer....".

That rifle has been called the Pumpkin since, and even the guys I hunt with call it that...

I DO see a deer once in a while, though......

And, I do appreciate your taste in McSwirlys. Particulars? Mine is a Howa LW in .308, VX-2 CDS in Talleys.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Vic, Your daughter seems to be a real personality. Intelligent and clever.

Mine is a 60 black, 40 orange hanging on an 8 twist Remington 700 in 260 rem. I love the cartridge and couldn't resist when Big Green decided to get the twist right. I did a little work to it, and it shoots 140 NABs into a nice little cloverleaf with a Leupold 3.5-10 on top. Its a rifle I often reach for.

Love the Howas. One of the most consistently accurate factory rifles I've shot, matching my out-of-the-box experiences with Tikkas...

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have to pay close attention to what she says, lots of "dry" humor, sometimes. She has an opinion and will let you know what it is. Sometimes nicely....

Building a rifle on a 700 action, now. I haven't had too many Remingtons, but friends have had tons of them and they are certainly well supported in the aftermarket.

I'm going with a Pac nor barrel in.308 Win., Timney trigger, Leupold VX5HD 2-10X42, and going to give Grayboe a whirl for the stock, they seem to be pretty good and I got it about 452 weeks sooner than a Mickey. Only thing outstanding now is the barrel.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Good luck with the build. Sounds like a nice rig. I've been looking at the Grayboe offerings. The Outlander looks like it might suit me. Seems like a pretty decent value. Let me know how it turns out.

I just ordered a VX5HD 2-10 for a 7mm-08 700 Mountain Rifle/Ti knock-off. Seems like an excellent scope. We'll see.

Last edited by 1Nut; 12/27/17.

Nut

Thomas Jefferson

ingwe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge

I have.

[Linked Image]

Good Lord thats a monster!

Seriously........

Page 18 of 21 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

425 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 1lesfox, 06hunter59, 163bc, 1Longbow, 39 invisible), 2,051 guests, and 1,140 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,541
Posts18,531,282
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.