Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
H
OP Offline
H
Ever listen to hunting podcasts to make the time go by while you're driving or working?

Highlander Hunting Podcast is a new podcast available for free download on iTunes and Podbean.

With my good friend and hunting partner John McCann, we talk about backcountry hunting in Alberta. We are backpack-style hunters. Every season we hike into Crown land and grazing leases, and hunt all the Foothills and mountain wildlife management units for bighorn sheep, mule deer, whitetail, bear and elk. And if things go well this season… cougar! Because of how our system works, we get all these tags over-the-counter, so we get to chase all these animals every season, and learn from our mistakes. We also like to get our families involved when it makes sense, so we talk about that too.

There are over 20 episodes on iTunes now, and we do our best to post weekly. Search “Highlander Hunting” to find us on iTunes, and we’re on Podbean at https://highlanderhunting.podbean.com/

So far we have covered topics such as what to have in your pack, rifles and calibers for the mountain hunter, tracking, wild meat preparation, scouting, optics, and marksmanship tips to name a few.

If this sounds interesting to you, please download some episodes! We’d be grateful if you’d leave us a review on either iTunes or Podbean. You can also email us with thoughts, feedback and suggestions for future topics.

Thanks for reading and happy hunting!
Mike McRae

Highlander Hunting Podcast

highlanderhuntingpodcastgmail.com

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'll give it a try and tell my sons (who listen to a bunch) if it doesn't suck.

Gotta warn you though, audio like this is a favorite nap facilitator for me. Might take a month for me to get through one.

What fresh Hell is this?
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I listen to a lot I’ll check ya out!

H
OP Offline
H
Ok Great- let us know what you think!
Mike

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't even know what a 'podcast' is.........

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by huntsman22

It's the kind of cast you make when you're backpacking and don't have room in your pack for a regular-sized fishing pole.

So when you finally get to the lake, you whip out your pocket fisherman (courtesy of Ron Popeil) and you make a few podcasts before dark.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I have found myself listening to Randy Newberg's podcasts on YouTube while banging on the keyboard at work. I also enjoy listening to The Gritty Bowmen. I'll see if I can check yours out when I get a chance.

FYI, every hunter on this site owes it to themself to listen to the episode with Randy and guest Shane P. Mahoney.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Jim Shockey was fantastic on The Joe Rogan Experience. As was Steven Rinella.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by War_Eagle
I have found myself listening to Randy Newberg's podcasts on YouTube while banging on the keyboard at work. I also enjoy listening to The Gritty Bowmen. I'll see if I can check yours out when I get a chance.

FYI, every hunter on this site owes it to themself to listen to the episode with Randy and guest Shane P. Mahoney.

I take it this episode is posted on YouTube?

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by dye7barrel
Originally Posted by War_Eagle

I take it this episode is posted on YouTube?

Yes.

https://youtu.be/DxWeDRHxK88

IC B3

M
M
Just getting into hunting and listened to HIGHLANDER HUNTING, great job guys, I learned allot. Also really liked Randy Newberg's how-to video's on Youtube. Thanks for all the information from all the guys on the forum, next year ill know enough to be dangerous! lol

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Nope

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by HIGHLANDERHUNTING
Ever listen to hunting podcasts to make the time go by while you're driving or working?

Nope. A waste of time. Work means working, not [bleep] around. Driving ... I'm either talking to a passenger, listening to the tires howl, or rockin' the [bleep] out. Honestly, I understand trying to make a living by promoting your product here but I think your chosen product is an answer in search of a question. I hope you didn't quit your day job.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by huntsman22

Me neither.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by T_O_M

Nope. A waste of time. Work means working, not [bleep] around. Driving ... I'm either talking to a passenger, listening to the tires howl, or rockin' the [bleep] out. Honestly, I understand trying to make a living by promoting your product here but I think your chosen product is an answer in search of a question. I hope you didn't quit your day job.

Tom

Totally understand other people not caring for the medium, which really is just expanded talk radio without commercials.

This uppity attitude is sort of inevitable in changing times, but strange coming from someone on an internet message board. I mean, your local grocery store has a message board why are you wasting your time here?? Maybe your local church uses their door that way as in Luther’s day?

People are so weird.

As for the particular cast at hand, I listened and enjoyed it. I have to say that in addition to the content I really like your accents (I know I know; I am the one with the accent you speak normally wink ).

Gonna keep listening I’d sure love to come up there and hunt with y’all but as an alien I’d have to hire a guide frown .

Nice work!

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
I listen to a few while mowing and driving. I'll give yours a try. I love to listen to Steven Rinella and Randy Newberg as well.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I listen to a few while at work, enjoy Meateater and Randy Newberg, as well as the BHA podcast. Checked this on out and like it so far. I'm with efw on the accents as well!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by T_O_M

Tom

Who said you have to listen to it at work? Kind of showing your ass, aren't you?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I enjoy them... Kifarucast seems to be a good one.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not even really sure about what a podcast is. So maybe I have and maybe I haven't.

1Minute
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

629 members (007FJ, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 1moredeer, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 64 invisible), 2,440 guests, and 1,206 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,411
Posts18,470,409
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.