Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
R
RGK Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by liliysdad
I guess, though, that a lot of cops are handicapped by their equipment.

No, they aren't. They are handicapped because they think, like many, that a change in hardware will solve what is actually a software deficit. Any modern, quality handgun will shoot more than well enough to win a gunfight as long as the shooter will stop reading gun magazines, worrying about trigger reset and bore axis, etc...and just shoot.

More words of wisdom. Train to fight and win with whatever you have. The gun is almost irrelevant. Probably not the most popular thing to say on a gun forum, though.
Bob

GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RGK
I guess, though, that a lot of cops are handicapped by their equipment.

No, they aren't. They are handicapped because they think, like many, that a change in hardware will solve what is actually a software deficit. Any modern, quality handgun will shoot more than well enough to win a gunfight as long as the shooter will stop reading gun magazines, worrying about trigger reset and bore axis, etc...and just shoot.

More words of wisdom. Train to fight and win with whatever you have. The gun is almost irrelevant. Probably not the most popular thing to say on a gun forum, though.
Bob

Agreed, for ordinary combat distances, most commonly used service handguns are more than adequate to the task. No need for a target gun in the vast majority of cases. That's not to say that a more accurate gun doesn't provide a certain addition to one's comfort level.

I remember an early period after switching from a 1911 to a Kahr P9, I was at the outdoor shooting club to which I belong. I'm of the habit of going when there's the highest likelihood that I will have the whole place to myself (we each get the combination to the front gate). Anyway, I was shooting rifle this day, and there was one other guy there, someone I didn't know. He was shooting a Beretta Storm 9mm carbine. Anyway, while I was down range checking my target (an area with almost zero cover potential, and no escape route apart from the direction of the benches), he hung back. I remember the thought occurring to me that if this guy suddenly went homicidal (Yes, to paraphrase General Mattis, I'm always devising a plan to kill everyone I meet, LOL), I'd sure have had a lot more confidence if I had my 1911 on (with its more precise trigger break and longer sight radius) as opposed to my Kahr P9.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I bough an Israeli FN, had it cut for Heinies, trigger worked, Cerakoted, etc...turned into a very nice gun with intention of carrying it. Gun shoots incredibly, and I have always loved the Hi Power. After all that, I found I still prefer to carry the plastic stuff. More bullets, less weight, less money, no worries.

I am undecided if the Hi Power will continue to occupy a place in the safe, or move on down the road. i am not much on safe queens.

I'd like to see some pics of that pistol, I bet it's pretty sweet.

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
liliysdad, That's a good looking Hi Power! Thanks for posting.

IC B2

R
RGK Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by 1911a1

That IS nice!
Bob

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RGK
I carry one sometimes.
Bob

[Linked Image]

RGK, That's a sweet HiPower you have there as well. Really like the grips.

Last edited by 1911a1; 12/20/17.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by 1911a1

Thank you. It did turn out very nice. I still need to get a set grips for it, likely something in G10....

That being said, I have kind of lost interest. I ran a couple of hundred rounds through it, and its been sitting in the safe since. I am really leaning toward sending it on down the road.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
FN is not going to make anymore BHP's after 2017. Just got verification from BHSprings. Might want to keep it.

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Doesn't really influence me either way...they've been threatening it for years, and they are already rare as hens teeth new. The market is what it is.

Last edited by liliysdad; 12/21/17.
IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Originally Posted by huntsman22
is it hard to de-cock?
For those of us who grew up in the age of external hammers, we have no more issue lowering a Hi Power's hammer than most other pistols, but there's really no need to do that.

....except when I killed my water heater decocking my 1911. Actually had butter on my fingers. Cost me $500.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Originally Posted by huntsman22
is it hard to de-cock?
For those of us who grew up in the age of external hammers, we have no more issue lowering a Hi Power's hammer than most other pistols, but there's really no need to do that.

....except when I killed my water heater decocking my 1911. Actually had butter on my fingers. Cost me $500.
That's why I generally discourage people from doing that on a loaded chamber. I grew up shooting guns with exposed hammers. Hunted with a Winchester 94 and a Remington 1889 Hammer gun, so I got pretty adept at manipulating a hammer. To do it on an auto pistol takes a very practiced hand...minus the butter wink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Gibby
FN is not going to make anymore BHP's after 2017. Just got verification from BHSprings. Might want to keep it.

FN has been trying to shut down the Hi Power line for at least a decade, but their military customers who still have tons of Hi Powers still demand parts for them.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Gibby

FN has been trying to shut down the Hi Power line for at least a decade, but their military customers who still have tons of Hi Powers still demand parts for them.

Go on to BHsprings solutions website. They live and breath along side of FN.

Parts, no problem.

Made in India, no problem. Don't take my word for it.

It might be temporary, but there it is.

It is not a rumor.

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

483 members (260Remguy, 1_deuce, 260madman, 280shooter, 1minute, 160user, 54 invisible), 2,526 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,856
Posts18,478,531
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.