Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I just got my 2018 turkey proclamation in the mail. They are going paperless, you can only apply online. From the brochure "If you draw a turkey license, your credit card on file will be charged after the draw results are posted online." Looks like no more paying upfront & waiting to get a refund if you didn't draw. I'm guessing they will be doing this for elk & deer also.

Looks like application fee is still $3 and $10 for a habitat stamp.

Also if your credit card bounces when they charge it for the tag----you loose both the tag & your preference points.

Last edited by colorado bob; 12/15/17.
GB1

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Good to know and thanks for passing along. Better have credit card info up to date.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
You can also apply by phone.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This will be fun to watch. They have a stellar track record with stuff like this.

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

bob:

Thanks for posting this. Good thing to know.

Could be a problem if your credit card company has changed your card recently. Probably ought to buy a license or habitat stamp using your new card to update info. Every year I buy a new small game and fishing license before the draw. That should take care of the update.

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

IC B2

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
If CPW keeps raising the price of non-resident licenses, they won’t be selling many and will be forced to raise you local boy’s license costs. There is a growing rumbling among our camp that enough is enough. Before you lucky Coloradans scoff too much, remember that CPW is an enterprise agency dependent on user fees to operate. Without the exorbitant NR revenue, the apple cart would be upset for sure. Happy Trails

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd gladly pay more, if it meant the NR's would stay home......grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by huntsman22
I'd gladly pay more, if it meant the NR's would stay home......grin

$750? I'll believe it when I see it.

Originally Posted by WAM
If CPW keeps raising the price of non-resident licenses, they won’t be selling many and will be forced to raise you local boy’s license costs. There is a growing rumbling among our camp that enough is enough. Before you lucky Coloradans scoff too much, remember that CPW is an enterprise agency dependent on user fees to operate. Without the exorbitant NR revenue, the apple cart would be upset for sure. Happy Trails

Your only choices are:
1) Vote with your money and stop going.
2) Be vindictive and vote for people who want to get rid of federal land.
3) Start a bill to change the mission statements of the BLM and USFS to include "negotiate with states for a fair number and fair price for hunting permits". However, corrupt Harry Reid and bunch of his cronies already created and passed a bill(that dum dum GW signed) that says the Feds relinquish all hunting issues to the states. Link

Quando omni flunkus moritati
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Originally Posted by WAM
If CPW keeps raising the price of non-resident licenses, they won’t be selling many and will be forced to raise you local boy’s license costs.

There's only one way to find out.

Originally Posted by WAM
There is a growing rumbling among our camp that enough is enough.

We have too many NR hunters here. Don't take this the wrong way, it's nothing personal but I'm with H22 on this one.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by WAM

Thanks for the advice.... I’m looking forward to you staying home next year. Or, you can pay a little more to hunt the largest population of elk in the world. Colorado is very reasonable for NRs..... considering all the seasons, public land, and critters available.

PS.... your busted ass state charges over $400 for a schitty NR deer tag.... seems like the pot calling the kettle black.... but no one does that better these days than WA.

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'd gladly pay $60 or maybe even $75 for an elk tag if it would keep some of the nonresidents out. It'd be spendy, but I am up for reaching a little deeper into my pocket for a good cause.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I propose that CPW add a surcharge to resident licenses...$25 or $50, with the option for residents to donate more. Then decrease the nonresident licenses by the dollar amount generated. We could call it the Colorado NonResident Hunter Reduction Program.

Last edited by riverdog; 12/20/17.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
My son and I are two NRs who want to do-it-yourself-elk hunt Colorado. I have some limited familiarity with the state (stationed at Fort Carson 79-82)... appreciate any savvy you can pass on to us as to where two NR easterners might hunt elk with some reasonable chance of success. we will drive in (Ram 1500 4x4), set up a base camp, and backpack hunt out from the base camp. if nothing else we will have a good time just getting away from cities and traffic. nothing more amazing than being in the Colorado mountains with a breeze blowing through yellow aspens... i still miss those Fort Carson days...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Check out the Buena Vista area.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
wouldn't Buena Vista be crazy packed with NRs flying in to C Springs and driving west on 24 towards Mt Elbert? I was thinking to get on the west side of the Continental Divide, perhaps NW or SW from Gunnison.

805 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I read that the change was due to the credit card company's processing fee and CO losing those funds. Also at least now we won't have to wait for a paper refund.

I wonder how the application for just points will work now?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Dogger
wouldn't Buena Vista be crazy packed with NRs flying in to C Springs and driving west on 24 towards Mt Elbert? I was thinking to get on the west side of the Continental Divide, perhaps NW or SW from Gunnison.

A lot of people think the same way so driving a little further from the front range won't buy you solitude. The west slope is just as popular as anywhere else, in some places even moreso.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I hadn't thought about the Colorado Springs airport.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
People forget about that.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by 30338
This will be fun to watch. They have a stellar track record with stuff like this.

I know, I know.........so help me if they screw up my application or credit card charge when the system crashes......

For those who think Colorado hunting licenses are expensive, have any of you checked prices and elk hunting opportunities in other states?

Colorado needs to start charging for preference points.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

70 members (14idaho, 907brass, 44automag, 10gaugemag, 308xray, 11 invisible), 1,476 guests, and 829 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,723
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.